Transforming IT Infrastructure and Processes with the Cloud
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 12, 2012
Richard Ptak of Ptak, Noel and Associates discusses transforming IT and creating a positive end-user experience with cloud solutions from IBM.
Today with the proliferation of devices, the demand on the network, the bandwidth that's being consumed by games, by business, by personal and social media, the focus has to be on capacity and performance. ...
The cloud is transforming the entire world of opportunity and the application of IT infrastructure and processes. The cloud allows us to take advantage of in a transparent manner, of all of the fantastic resources that are available today. The constraints around capacity, availability, performance, you have a dynamic environment where the, automatically you can apply and have access to the resources that you need to get the job done.
The move to the cloud and hybrid environments, well, once again, the network is absolutely critical in It has to be available but it also has to be high performing, it has to have a significant capacity, you have to have and monitor and manage not just the network, but the access to the network and prioritize the applications and the services that are running across the network between those environments. You have to have an end-to-end view.
Today the real measure of success with application performance management is the end user experience. And so you have to know and look at what's happening at the end user's desktop or their interface to it and then track back from there and watch for events, anomalies, performance interruptions, etcetera, in the infrastructure as well as any of the surrounding applications that may affect that end user's experience. So you need a much wider span of control and it's much more sensitive to disruptive and you have to avoid that disruption at all costs.
IBM was among the first, I think, if not the first to actually recognize that if they had the resources and the capabilities, the vision and the understanding and they could advance the understanding in the specific industry sector or problem area, to take what they had and put it into a complete solution that they could deliver to the customer, and they're doing it.
They've gone in, they understand the problem that the user is trying to solve, and then they put together real solutions that they can be dropped in. They understand the technology.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:13 Complete Asset and Mobile Management Solutions for an Airport Cityby ibmservicemanagement276 views
- 2:45 A Cloud-Based Storage Management Platform for Companies of any Sizeby ibmservicemanagement424 views
- 5:18 Cloud Services And Provisioning For CSPs | IBMby ibmservicemanagement623 views
- 2:46 Better Endpoint and Device Management Solutions for ITby ibmservicemanagement281 views
- 1:07:03 SmartCloud Application Performance Management - IBM Cloud TechTalk (June 2013)by developerworks233 views
- 59:58 LOUIS CK - CHEWED UP - (16+) STAND UP COMEDYby Jack McLaughter1,076,014 views
- 1:03:05 Louis CK - Live At Carnegie Hallby Bryan Ellis315,880 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV36,215 views
- 17 videos Play all Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)by EmersonNetworkPower
- 10:35 What is cloud computing anyway?by catechnologies44,893 views
- 1:23:40 Louis CK - Hilarious (Subtitulado español)by Julián Dalla Bella921,603 views
- 6:07 Information Technology (IT) Infrastructureby handsonerp2,091 views
- 1:16:50 Introduction to Cloud Computingby Eli the Computer Guy330,691 views
- 1:01:57 Cloud Computing 101by TrainSignal39,010 views
- 10:28 TV Feevale - Especiais - Gestão da Tecnologia da Informaçãoby tvfeevale1,615 views
- 49:33 Talking Funny - HBOby Ken Jones855,388 views
- 9:59 Up in the Clouds? Real Answers on Cloud Computing and Performanceby TeamQuest OptimizesIT637 views
- 5:37 【アルスマグナ】Cloud Rider / クラウドライダー【踊ってみた】by mirah94riot59,288 views
- 4:15 O que é ser... Gestor de TIby Rosana De Biase299 views
- 7:10 The Three Ways to Cloud Computeby ExplainingComputers149,017 views