Reverse Fly For Shoulder
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 6, 2009
Lots of people make the mistake of just doing their favorite exercises rather than doing a well rounded workout. For example, lets take the bench press people, you can spot them easily they walk around like this. Their chests are so out-of proportion strong that it seems to pull their shoulders forward like a dry leaf. Dont let this happen to you!
Its really important for the health of your shoulders and knees that all the muscles, even the small ones, are strong and in balance. With shoulders many people just like doing the pressing exercises because you can do a lot of weight with presses but as I mentioned before its important to keep things in balance. The reverse fly is one of those important exercises, it works the back of the shoulders, the traps, the upper back, and can help with posture.
The right way to do this exercise is to bend over so the back is horizontal and motionless, you can lightly touch your head to a table or bench to give tactile feedback that you are remaining motionless. From this position, we slowly raise the dumbbells up with straight arms till the dumbbells are as high as our shoulders, we hold in this position for a second, then slowly let the weight down. When the weights are in the up position, your body should look like a "T" when viewed from above , your arms should be in a line with each other not swept back like a 747 ready for takeoff.
There are some alternative ways to do this exercise. If you are concerned about your lower back, you can also do these laying face down on a bench with your head hanging out over the end of the bench. The bench needs to be tall enough that your hands dont hit the ground when you do this. If you belong to a gym a great way to do this exercise is to use pec dec machine in reverse.
Lots of ways to do this exercise incorrectly:
arch back like a hissing cat
sag your back like a banana
going too fast
bobbing your head up and down
too heavy, can't get dumbbells up to shoulder height
go too high up risking shoulder injury
swinging weights up
arms swept back like a 747 ready for takeoff
Nutrition is key to being able to add muscle! I cover nutrition on my website, if thats not detailed enough for you I have reviewed and recommended some excellent books:
For more information on home workouts, please see my free website (no advertising either):
Limitation of Liability: Consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program! I am not a medical professional. It is your responsibility to critically evaluate this information and with the help of your physician decide if it is appropriate for you.
copyright 2006-2009 scoobysworkshop.com LLC
Standard YouTube License
- 10:37 What is good cardio?by Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness WorkoutsFeatured 657,059
- 13:09 Huge Arms? Don't forget triceps - Do dips!by scooby1961 1,374,712 views
- 9:10 Complete Forearm Workoutby scooby1961 1,098,650 views
- 26 videos Play all Shoulder Workoutsby leemhayward
- 4:52 Drop Sets for Mass Gainby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 1,176,878 views
- 5:42 Bent over rows for latsby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 357,239 views
- 4:15 Fixing Hunched, Rolled Over Shouldersby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 128,173 views
- 7:11 Shoulder Front Raisesby scooby1961 166,421 views
- 3:40 Broad Shoulders With Side Raisesby scooby1961 367,328 views
- 12:32 The Truth About Absby scooby1961 2,595,328 views
- 10:29 Bulking Up and Gaining Muscleby scooby1961 1,442,887 views
- 7:48 Shoulder Rehab for Bodybuildersby scooby1961 201,289 views
- 14:39 Healthy meals for students and other busy people: 6-pack abs and gain muscle with good nutritionby scooby1961 2,058,773 views
- 2:10 Best protein shake in the world!by Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 569,957 views
- 7:40 Bicycles for abs and obliquesby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 323,369 views
- 11:15 Advanced Killer Home Chest Workoutby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 3,080,179 views
- 1:19 Home ab workout: crunch exercise for 6-pack absby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 16,018,768 views
- 6:59 Chest workout: hip pushupsby scooby1961 1,432,852 views
- 2:50 Insane looking shoulders!!!!!!by robinforlife 3,272,726 views
- 5:09 Skateboard Squats for Huge Quadsby scooby1961 529,103 views
- 7:54 Killer Ab Workoutby Scooby's Home Bodybuilding and Fitness Workouts 3,768,182 views
- Loading more suggestions...