"A Serious Man" Interview with Richard Kind
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 29, 2009
I love this new Coen brothers film, I just love them period! They're one of the most original filmmakers working in Hollywood today, and it's always refreshing to watch their films.
"A Serious Man" will be honored at this coming Oscars. Michael Stuhlbarg, definitely, for Best Actor, and perhaps, Richard Kind for Best Supporting.
Here's my interview with Kind. We talked about:
The Yiddish intro, what does it mean?
How he landed the role?
Who auditioned for what role?
More info about the film from Yahoo:
The story of an ordinary man's search for clarity in a universe where Jefferson Airplane is on the radio and F-Troop is on TV. It is 1967, and Larry Gopnik, a physics professor at a quiet Midwestern university, has just been informed by his wife Judith that she is leaving him. She has fallen in love with one of his more pompous acquaintances, Sy Ableman, who seems to her a more substantial person than the feckless Larry. Larry's unemployable brother Arthur is sleeping on the couch, his son Danny is a discipline problem and a shirker at Hebrew school, and his daughter Sarah is filching money from his wallet in order to save up for a nose job. While his wife and Sy Ableman blithely make new domestic arrangements, and his brother becomes more and more of a burden, an anonymous hostile letter-writer is trying to sabotage Larry's chances for tenure at the university. Also, a graduate student seems to be trying to bribe him for a passing grade while at the same time threatening to sue him for defamation. Plus, the beautiful woman next door torments him by sunbathing nude. Struggling for equilibrium, Larry seeks advice from three different rabbis. Can anyone help him cope with his afflictions and become a righteous person - a mensch - a serious man?
Also Known As:
The Serious Man
Production Status: Released
Logline: The Gopkins, a Midwestern Jewish family in 1967, struggle with their afflictions.
Genres: Comedy, Drama and Kids/Family
Running Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
Release Date: October 2nd, 2009 (limited)
MPAA Rating: R for language, drug use, some sexuality/nudity and brief violence.
Working Title Films
U.S. Box Office: $799,002
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Produced in: United States
Starring: Michael Stuhlbarg, Richard Kind, Fred Melamed, Sari Lennick, Peter Breitmayer
Directed by: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Produced by: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Robert Graf (II)
Standard YouTube License
- 4:37 A Serious Man: Michael Stuhlbargby EmpiremagazineFeatured 6,728
- 38:16 Celebrity Liar - Kevin Pollak VS Richard Kindby theroomlivecom 1,326 views
- 5:05 Coen Brothers Directing "A Serious Man"by musth14 14,197 views
- 7:44 DP/30 Sneak Peek - TIFF '09 - A Serious Manby TheHotButton 7,628 views
- 3:03 Michael Stuhlbarg On Working With The Coen Brothers In A SERIOUS MANby afi 9,022 views
- 2:09:40 KPCS: Richard Kind #147by kevinpollakschatshow 4,511 views
- 3:00 Coen Brothers Blood Simpleby Nataloff 18,749 views
- 6:55 A Serious Man - Cliveby shoaib246 35,345 views
- 5:41 Swinging Out- Hank Azaria as Richard Kindby MusicalMadlibs 12,406 views
- 4:12 Sy Ablemanby PoluKokosPoluLavabo 17,668 views
- 3:08 Stephen King talking about writing UTDby BatsLXXII 34,458 views
- 7:22 A Serious Man_opening sceneby cijev2020 24,677 views
- 8:49 A Serious Man Video Review by David Polandby TheHotButton 3,249 views
- 5:44 "A Serious Man" conference/conferenza with/con Joel and Ethan Coen and Michael Stuhlbarg/Part 4by Proiezioni Mentali 1,056 views
- 6:53 A Serious Man - Amy Landecker Interviewby McLovinOnHot1019 11,159 views
- 1:00 A Serious Man - Clip - Hardly A Crimeby PearlandDean 5,753 views
- 5:56 Spin City Richard Kind is the king!by allethomasson 3,658 views
- 3:20 A Serious Man - Behind the Scenes Featuretteby ASeriousManMovie 17,855 views
- 3:05 The Building with Bonnie Hunt, Richard Kind and Andy Dick Ep 4by MsLiliVonShtupp 2,838 views
- 2:37 Hand to God Testimonial - Richard Kindby EnsembleStudioTheatr 2,106 views
- Loading more suggestions...