How to Save Money by Eliminating 10 Things You Don't Need
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 6, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Manage Your Money videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/48-How-...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Check out these relatively painless ways to cut back on your expenses.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Ditch the paper
Stop buying unnecessary paper products. Use cloth napkins, mop up spills with dishcloths and rags, write shopping lists on the back of junk-mail envelopes, (and stick your coupons inside).
Step 2: Give up bottled water
Give up bottled water; almost 40 percent of it comes out of the tap anyway. If you don't like the taste of your local water, use a filter.
Step 3: Buy less food
Buy less food. The average American throws out 25 percent of the food they buy. Start monitoring what you're trashing so you can make better choices when you shop, and make an effort to eat food before it goes bad.
Step 4: Cut the phone line
Get rid of your home phone if you have a cell phone.
Step 5: Cancel your gym membership
Cancel your gym membership. Jogging, stair-climbing, jump-roping, hula-hooping, and dancing are all free, and that's just a partial list of what you can do to stay fit.
Canned goods and old milk jugs or detergent bottles filled with water all make good hand weights.
Step 6: Forgo the fast food
Forgo the fast food. If you really have a hankering, recreate the meals at home; all those "secret" recipes are online.
Step 7: Drop cable
Drop your cable subscription. More and more television shows are available online, and you can even hook your computer up to your TV set for the ultimate viewing experience.
If you're subscribing to cable TV all year just for one or two premium shows, it's cheaper to wait and rent the entire season on DVD.
Step 8: Pass on those jeans
Put down the new jeans: If you're like the average American, you've already got about eight pairs and wear only two of them anyway.
Step 9: Don't buy new jewelry
Don't pay the 100 to 400 percent markup on jewelry. Buy baubles for yourself and gifts for others at pawn shops and estate sales instead.
Step 10: Cut down on supplements
Get rid of unnecessary vitamins, unproven supplements, and worthless cleansing or fasting products. Ask your doctor what you should be taking.
Did You Know?
The average American drops $6,881 into vending machines during their lifetime.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:26 My Secret Life as a...by SevenSuperGirls Featured 548,396
- 2:04 How to Stop Spending Money for 30 Daysby Howcast83,831 views
- 2:10 How to Make People Think You're More Attractive than You Really Areby Howcast934,090 views
- 1:30 How to Live on Practically Nothingby Howcast557,927 views
- 10:15 Dave Ramsey Debunks Some Debt Mythsby truthforamerica171,356 views
- 8:18 10 Easy Ways To Save Money Every Monthby Bible Money Matters66,867 views
- 18:54 How to make sapin sapinby tinako2055,528 views
- 13:14 10 TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE MONEY $$by JordysLife16,648 views
- 10:00 How to Transfer Part 1 8mm Super 8 movie film to DVD part 1by gotmemories.com44,943 views
- 8:35 FREE FOOD AND MONEY- Total Self Sufficiencyby Markus Rothkranz154,040 views
- 47:07 Stena Line on Undercover Bossby StenaLine278,501 views
- 9:03 How to Save Money on Groceriesby The Frugal Chef28,496 views
- 10:00 Top Ten Money Saving Tipsby OnePotChefShow118,302 views
- 7:32 10 Life Hacks Every College Student Should Knowby CrazyRussianHacker3,231,529 views
- 10:18 Stockpilingby Heather Tenney17,955 views
- 10:17 How To Save Money ♡ My Tips & Advice! :)by Shaaanxo Vlogs72,819 views
- 4:24 How to save money on Groceries...a true storyby Caleb Kinchlow57,913 views
- 1:59 Financial Planning : How to Increase Cash Flowby eHow12,642 views
- 9:09 11 useful Mac tipsby MacIsTheGeek280,269 views
- 1:35 How to Win at Heads or Tails Every Timeby Howcast2,894,118 views
- Loading more suggestions...