How To Save Money By Eliminating 10 Things You Don't Need
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 6, 2009
Watch more How to Manage Your Money videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/48-How-...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Save money on ten things you don't need with this checklist.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Ditch the paper
Stop buying unnecessary paper products. Use cloth napkins, mop up spills with dishcloths and rags, write shopping lists on the back of junk-mail envelopes, (and stick your coupons inside).
Step 2: Give up bottled water
Give up bottled water; almost 40 percent of it comes out of the tap anyway. If you don't like the taste of your local water, use a filter.
Step 3: Buy less food
Buy less food. The average American throws out 25 percent of the food they buy. Start monitoring what you're trashing so you can make better choices when you shop, and make an effort to eat food before it goes bad.
Step 4: Cut the phone line
Get rid of your home phone if you have a cell phone.
Step 5: Cancel your gym membership
Cancel your gym membership. Jogging, stair-climbing, jump-roping, hula-hooping, and dancing are all free, and that's just a partial list of what you can do to stay fit.
Canned goods and old milk jugs or detergent bottles filled with water all make good hand weights.
Step 6: Forgo the fast food
Forgo the fast food. If you really have a hankering, recreate the meals at home; all those "secret" recipes are online.
Step 7: Drop cable
Drop your cable subscription. More and more television shows are available online, and you can even hook your computer up to your TV set for the ultimate viewing experience.
If you're subscribing to cable TV all year just for one or two premium shows, it's cheaper to wait and rent the entire season on DVD.
Step 8: Pass on those jeans
Put down the new jeans: If you're like the average American, you've already got about eight pairs and wear only two of them anyway.
Step 9: Don't buy new jewelry
Don't pay the 100 to 400 percent markup on jewelry. Buy baubles for yourself and gifts for others at pawn shops and estate sales instead.
Step 10: Cut down on supplements
Get rid of unnecessary vitamins, unproven supplements, and worthless cleansing or fasting products. Ask your doctor what you should be taking.
Did You Know?
The average American drops $6,881 into vending machines during their lifetime.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:30 How To Live on Practically Nothingby HowcastFeatured 498,471
- 2:16 How To Get Richby Howcast 128,743 views
- 1:49 How Not To Waste Moneyby Howcast 45,852 views
- 2:22 How to Save Money on Your Beauty Routineby Howcast 57,686 views
- 8:18 10 Easy Ways To Save Money Every Monthby Bible Money Matters 22,403 views
- 5:03 America's Cheapest Family Saving Moneyby MavinOfSavin 72,876 views
- 10:00 Top Ten Money Saving Tipsby OnePotChefShow 97,670 views
- 4:24 How to save money on Groceries...a true storyby magick724 34,263 views
- 6:42 7 Easy Ways To Save Money On Gasby gravtex 30,574 views
- 2:17 How to Live Undergroundby Howcast 301,172 views
- 1:35 How to Win At Heads or Tails Every Timeby Howcast 2,204,453 views
- 1:43 How To Be Happy With Lessby Howcast 30,854 views
- Howcast 4,229 videos150
- 1:26 How To Make a Ball Out Of Rubber Bandsby Howcast 71,858 views
- 3:05 Super savers share secrets to saving money and building bankby ABCActionNews 14,746 views
- 1:55 How To Survive Valentine's Day Aloneby Howcast 756,296 views
- 1:32 How to become a Millionaire in 5 yearsby bobadamsgip 327,641 views
- 2:10 How To Make People Think You're More Attractive Than You Areby Howcast 694,130 views
- 1:30 How to Hold It In When There's No Bathroomby Howcast 149,912 views
- 2:52 Human Resources : How to Negotiate Salary During Job Offerby eHow 52,748 views
- 5:24 How To Save Money For Teens!by isavannahhicks 51,600 views
- Loading more suggestions...