ALL OUT AGAINST THE 2010 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 10, 2010
Help us caption and translate this video on Amara.org: http://www.amara.org/en/v/B0bn/
http://no2010.com/ and http://olympicresistance.net/
ALL OUT AGAINST THE 2010 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES! The 2010 Winter Olympics will take place in Vancouver & Whistler, on unceded Indigenous land, from February 12-28 2010. We call on all anti-capitalist, Indigenous, housing rights, labour, migrant justice, environmental, anti-war, community-loving, anti-poverty, civil libertarian, and anti colonial activists to come together to confront this two-week circus and the oppression it represents. We are organizing towards a global anti-capitalist and anti-colonial convergence against the 2010 Olympic Games. * BASIC SCHEDULE: The basic plan thus far is: - Conference and People's Summit on Wed Feb 10- Thurs Feb 11 - Fri Feb 12: Take Back Our City! Welcome the 2010 Olympic Torch with Free Games, Free Speech, and Free Food! Beginning with a festival at the Vancouver Art Gallery at 3 pm, followed by a parade and protest to BC Place Stadium. Details, including childcare arrangements, at: http://2010welcoming.wordpress.com/
- Autonomous days of action on Sat Feb 13 and Mon Feb 15 including
anti-corporate actions, rallies to oppose militarization, and more.
- On Sun Feb 14th, we will be standing with the 19th Annual Women's
Memorial March to honour all the missing and murdered and women in the
DTES (this is not an anti-Olympic protest). Details at:
We will also be updating our website with additional anti-Olympic events
occurring during the month of February:
* LOGISTICAL INFORMATION:
We are working to coordinate the logistics to host this convergence. For
information on billeting (whether you are in need of billeting or can
provide billeting), travel and border information, legal updates, food and
childcare arrangements, community spaces, welcome package, and more,
frequently for updates.
* SUPPORT THE CONVERGENCE AND GET INVOLVED!
1) Sign-up for our low-traffic list (1-2 emails per week) to stay updated
on upcoming events, meetings, and actions. Please email
and ask to be added to our announcement list.
2) If you are part of another group (artist, activist, community, union,
campus etc) and are planning any kind of activity or event to oppose the
Games during Jan-Feb 2010, please do let us know so we can stay in touch.
3) Host an anti-Olympic educational on your campus or at your next
conference. Or invite a speaker to your next meeting to discuss what your
group can do. We are able to provide educational materials including
films, tshirts, comics, buttons, stickers and more!
4) Get involved in the Olympic Resistance Network or other anti-Olympic
groups in your neighbourhood or campus. The ORN has regular General
Meetings on Sundays as well as many committees.
5) Spread the word about the convergence! Forward this notice to your
contacts, join our facebook group
posters and flyers about the convergence from our website and pass them
6) Please donate! Hosting this convergence requires significant funds,
including legal defence funds. You can donate securely through PayPal on
can be made out to Olympic Resistance Network and mailed to ORN, 6 - 1857
Kitchener St, Vancouver, BC, V5L 2W5. Email
arrange direct deposits or other queries.
* WHY OPPOSE THE GAMES:
The 2010 Winter Olympics will take place on unceded Indigenous land. Far
from being simply about sport, the history of the Olympics is one rooted
in displacement, corporate greed, and repression. As Olympic promoters and
sponsors seek to present their sanitized corporate brand image to the
world, the real impacts of the Games are apparent to everyone:
* Expansion of sport tourism on Indigenous lands
* Increasing homelessness across the province and especially in
Vancouvers Downtown Eastside
* Misdirected public spending and debt totaling $6 billion while funding
for the arts, educations, and health care are suffering cutbacks
* Corporate bailouts and corporate profits for companies with some of the
worst social and environmental records.
* Threats to basic civil liberties and free speech
* Union-busting and vulnerable working conditions for migrant labour
* Unprecedented destruction of the environment
* Unparalleled $1 billion police and security spending that is turning our
city into a militarized zone.
Watch: Eight Reasons to Oppose the 2010 Winter Olympics:
Help us caption & translate this video!
Standard YouTube License
- 8:39 Native Youth Movement: No 2010 Winter Olympics on Native Landby stampcny14,009 views
- 3:42 Canada's Hidden Genocide: Convergence 2010by academianon6,345 views
- 0:50 Vancouver's Scientology Winter Olympic Fail Protest Promoby sKepptiksowat4,222 views
- 2:32:21 Pairs Figure Skating - Short Program - Complete Event - Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Gamesby olympicvancouver2010115,722 views
- 3:34 Canada Olympic Games 2010- Vancouver commercial CBCby Chiorny197,508 views
- 3:49:57 Figure Skating Men Free Program Complete Event | Vancouver 2010by olympicvancouver201087,812 views
- 7 videos Play all Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympicsby BeforeAndAfterTV
- 1:44:49 Canada v Russia - Full Game - 2010 Olympics - Vancouverby hockeyhurlingshinty480,852 views
- 1:11:19 Men's Snowboard - Half Pipe Final - Complete Event - Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Gamesby olympicvancouver2010237,225 views
- 3:12 Canadian Police Use Provocateurs to Incite Violence During Vancouver Olympic Protests?by UltimateWarrior6525,833 views
- 2:26 Vancouver 2010 Olympic protesters approach BC place and face off against police PT2by Peter Schwagly15,231 views
- 2:00 2010 Winter Games declared openby AFP news agency63,919 views
- 8:22 Resist 2010: 8 Reasons to Oppose the 2010 Winter Olympics -- Part ONEby BurningFistMedia5,800 views
- 8:47 2010 Winter Olympics Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir FD Symphony No 5by 21guns125149,754 views
- 2:11 OLYMPIC PROTEST in CANADA Day 1by 99thDimension7,993 views
- 7:22 Resist 2010: 8 Reasons to Oppose the 2010 Winter Olympics -- Part TWOby BurningFistMedia3,682 views
- 6:56 2010 Vancouver Short Program Yuna Kim NBCby persona609511,785 views
- 2:30:41 USA v Canada : Full Game : 2010 Olympics Vancouver : Gold Medal Gameby hockeyhurlingshinty4195,360 views
- 4:49 Vancouver Activists Greet Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony with Peoples Summit, Protestby mediagrrl92,402 views
- 3:44 Harsha Walia - Vancouver's Downtown Eastside and the 2010 Olympic Gamesby nofutureface1,804 views