Published on Oct 15, 2012
http://www.MedicalCareAlert.com --- THIS IS A TRANSCRIPT OF OUR HOME MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM SET UP VIDEO. ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-877-913-3680. THANKS! ---
Hi, I'm going to show you how easy it is to set up your new Home Medical Alert System from Medical Care Alert.
This system is made by BOSCH, a worldwide leader in healthcare and communications technology. You've made a great decision!
Just to review what the system does, when you press the button it signals the console to contact our emergency response monitoring center over your phone line.
- When the monitoring center answers, you will speak with an EMT Certified agent over the two way speakerphone built into the console
- The agents know who you are, will take appropriate action, and will stay on the line until help arrives.
- And if for any reason they cannot hear you, or you are unable to speak, they will act as if there is an emergency and dispatch EMS services right away.
Now let's see what's in the box:
- First is a set of instructions and your Personal Profile and contract -- please complete, sign and return right away
- Next is the main console with power cord and phone line
- Buttons set up as either a pendant or wrist
- A phone line connector called a "T-Connector"
- And a DSL Filter
Setting up your HOME Medical Alert System:
- Step 1: Plug the phone "T" Adapter (1) into home phone jack
- Step 2: Plug the large end of the supplied phone cord (2) into the Phone "T" adapter's (1) large opening, and the small end into the Alarm Unit marked "TELE"
- Step 3: Plug your home phone line into the "T" Adapter's (1) small opening. Lift telephone receiver and check for dial tone. If "no dial tone" review your steps and try again.
- Step 4: Plug Power Adapter (3) into an AC outlet that is NOT controlled by a light switch, and connect the end to the unit marked POWER. Do NOT plug into a power strip, unit must be on its own power.
- Step 5: Turn on the POWER SWITCH. The light on front of the unit should be Solid green.
BEFORE we test the system, let me show you what everything is
- RED BUTTON signals an emergency call just like your button
- GREEN BUTTON cancels a call -- use in case of a false alarm or accidental push
- YELLOW BUTTON is not active and used only in hospital settings
- Microphone (under red button
- STICKER WITH TEST PHONE NUMBER
- STICKER WITH YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT NUMBER
Now, let's test the HOME Medical Alert System:
- Call 1-877-913-5699 to put your unit on LIVE TEST MODE.
- They will ask for your PASSWORD -- this is the same as your ACCOUNT NUMBER ON THE STICKER
- After you hang up with the operator, press your pendant or wristband button once (not the button located on the base unit).
- There will be a series of beeps, you may hear a dialing sound, and lastly the unit will go silent. It will take 60-90 seconds -- don't disconnect, hang up or press your button again.
- An operator will come on and let you know that the signal was received. The operator will verify your address and answer any questions.
Set up is complete!!
SOME DO'S AND DON'TS FOR YOUR HOME MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM:
- Set-up your unit in a centrally located place. This allows two-way communication to be used effectively.
- During your first test, do a "range test" to make sure we can hear you throughout the home. Reposition the unit if necessary.
- Test your system weekly, and call us first before testing
- You only need to press your button ONE TIME for help -- pressing the button repeatedly will cause it to redial and delay the signal
- Send back your Personal Profile and contract right away
- DON'T use a power strip, extension cord or plug controlled by a light switch
- DON'T change our phone cord -- it is a special cord for medical alarms
- DON'T press the button repeatedly -- it only makes the system redial again delaying your call for help. Press only once.
- DON'T test without calling us first -- otherwise you'll tie up our emergency operators on a non-emergency call
- DON'T change your phone service provider without checking with us first -- some of the inexpensive phone services won't work with this system
- Remember, MagicJack and Vonage don't work with our system, and they do not recommend using their phone service with ANY medical alert system
- When you test the system and we can't hear you or it sounds funny, you may have a phone line that requires our DSL Filter.
- If your phone service from your cable company or internet provider, or have been told you have a DSL phone system -- you'll need to connect this DSL filter to the phone jack.
- It's easy
- Just unplug the "T-connector" splitter from the phone jack
- Plug in the DSL Filter
- Plug in the T-Connector
- Check for dial tone and then test your system again
Thanks for choosing Medical Care Alert. We hope you never have to use your system, but we'll be ready if you do.
Standard YouTube License