The 'Gay Brain' Explained - Louann Brizendine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 23, 2010
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2010/03/31/Dr_Louann_B...
Dr. Louann Brizendine, author of The Male Brain, outlines the preliminary scientific results measuring the differences between the straight male brain and the gay male brain. She says that having "same-sex attraction" is "not some kind of a moral decision," but rather involves brain circuitry, genes, and hormones.
Dr. Brizendine discusses her latest book, The Male Brain: A Breakthrough Understanding of How Men and Boys Think. An article about Dr. Louann Brizendine and her research in her first book The Female Brain in a July 2006 issue of Newsweek started a media frenzy that led to appearances on GMA's "20/20" and "Good Morning America," NBC's "The Today Show" and "News with Brian Williams," CNN's "American Morning," NPR's "Weekend All Things Considered," "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" along with national print reviews and features in USA Today, The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, The Washington Post, The San Francisco Chronicle, O, The Oprah Magazine, Glamour, Elle, More, Discover, Health, and the coverage has not abated.
Now, Brizendine, founder of the country's first clinic to study gender differences in brain, behavior, and hormones, turns her attention to the male brain, showing how the "male reality" is fundamentally different from the females in every phase of life, from babyhood to old age. In The Male Brain: A Breakthrough Understanding of How Men and Boys Think, Brizendine overturns the stereotypes about men and boys. Impeccably researched and at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge, this is a book that every man, and especially every woman bedeviled by a man, will need to own. - Dominican University of California
Louann Brizendine, M.D. graduated from UC, Berkeley in Neurobiology, Yale University in Medicine and Harvard Medical School in Psychiatry.
She served on the faculty at Harvard Medical School from 1985-88 when she came to join the faculty at the University of California, San Francisco at the Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. At UCSF, Dr. Brizendine pursues active clinical, teaching, writing and research activities.
In 1994, Dr. Brizendine founded the UCSF Women's Mood and Hormone Clinic at LPPI, and continues to serve as it's director.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:55 Treatment Turns Gay Kids Straight?by The Young Turks Featured 43,509
- 21:59 Mind Control Device Demonstration - Tan Leby ForaTv538,002 views
- 3:45 Gender Identity: Is Nature vs Nurture Dead?by ForaTv16,422 views
- 2:49 Christopher Hitchens on the Israeli Flotilla Raidby ForaTv209,669 views
- 4:14 Dawkins: Did Religion Have an Evolutionary Value?by ForaTv66,825 views
- 58:09 Dr. Louann Brizendine The Male Brainby OpenSourceTemple733 views
- 46:13 Ghetto Stress on the Female Brain - Dr Louann Brizendineby TheHowMovement106,147 views
- 1:27:20 The Female Brain: Balancing Social Expectations with Your Own Healthby University of California Television (UCTV)2,238 views
- 19:53 Louann Brizendine talks at TEDxBerkeleyby thedailycal702 views
- 35:38 How to Double Your Brain Power! (Great Stuff!) - Part 1by MindPowerWords1,176,082 views
- 7:43 Adam Lambert Comes Out--"Im Gay" on 20/20by RandomClips2008760,719 views
- 7:56 Henry Rollins on Gay Marriageby Big Think545,054 views
- 8:16 Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurtureby rctctom115,987 views
- 1:41 Gay 'Switch' Passed from Parent to Child, Study Suggestsby NewsyScience2,934 views
- 10:39 Male brain VS Female brain.mp4by Mohamed W. Kandil29,871 views
- 7:16 What makes people gay?by GayChristianNetwork59,999 views
- 5:28 Male Brain -vs- Female Brainby Sidse Wonson31,377 views
- 4:30 Homosexuality Explainedby TheLGBTUnite5,931 views
- 14:42 Louann Brizendine - The Female Brain - Neuropsychiatry-Summaryby chenjarah723 views
- 3:06 Dr. Daniel Amen on NBC - Gender Differences in Brain Patternby AmenClinic23,163 views
- Loading more suggestions...