Marijuana: A Chronic History
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 17, 2011
The fight against drug use in America has been going on since the turn of the last century but the term "War on Drugs" only became part of our national dialogue in 1970 when it was first used by President Richard Nixon.
The President later formed the DEA and started a push to outlaw drugs of all kinds. Among the most discussed drugs in this war is Marijuana. This special will look at the storied and strange history of Marijuana in America.
Comment: I used to be strictly conservative on pot laws. However, I recently discovered the actual history behind prohibition laws, and it opened my eyes. I was shocked when I realized that I had been deceived.
It's one of the oldest known medicines. The first colonists were required to grow it, and you could pay taxes with it. It's safer than alcohol and cigarettes though it's a Schedule 1 Narcotic, which says it's supposedly more dangerous than coke, morphine and amphetamines!
I have not found a single valid argument to continue prohibition and many good arguments to end it. Save tens of billions each year, add tens of billions in new taxes, starve gangs of revenue, provide an alternative to alcohol that's safer and cheaper, reduce prison populations and drug-related violence, provide a cheaper and cleaner alternative for paper pulp and bio-fuels...I could go on, but you should get the point.
And if you say "Think about the kids!" I have. Currently, they have easier access to pot than alcohol BECAUSE it's unregulated. In countries where it's regulated, there is a much lower rate of juvenile use.
This program does an excellent job of explaining the truth.
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Copyright Disclaimer, Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. All videos are intended for the purpose of discussion and commentary, not for any commercial gain. The sole intent of this channel is of an educational nature for the benefit and the enrichment of the people.
Standard YouTube License
- 45:48 Explorer: Marijuana Nationby NIMBIN TELEVISIONFeatured 28,231
- 1:44:14 The Union - Marijuana Documentaryby Cyrus Phantasm 125,842 views
- 56:35 Cannabis: What's the Harm? episode 1by NIMBIN TELEVISION 145,143 views
- 49:01 Cancer Killed by Cannabis - Weed - Pot - Marijuana finds UCLA research and others Full-length Docby connectingdots2 137,221 views
- 4:00:15 The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of The World by Niall Ferguson Epsd. 1-5 (Full Documentary)by DayInTheLifeOfRTB 632,296 views
- 44:10 CannaBizby NIMBIN TELEVISION 30,581 views
- 7:51 Cannabis Cup 2011 High Times Kid Cudi & Cnoteshceby cnoteshce 361,446 views
- 2:54 Marijuana And Cancerby TheYoungTurks 178,089 views
- 1:00:43 BBC Documentary - Stupidity "Full Movie"by MrSaunders2020 930,567 views
- 28:14 Should Grandma Smoke Pot? Final Cut - Legalize Marijuanaby Robert Platshorn 53,334 views
- 14:55 The History Channel "Marijuana Cannabis " Part 1by cannabiswork 26,230 views
- 6:32 10 Years to Life for Medical Marijuana: The Trial of Aaron Sanduskyby ReasonTV 120,855 views
- 46:09 Drugs, Inc. - Heroinby NationalGeographic 900,982 views
- 5:15 Drivers stoned on marijuana test their driving skillsby TheNewsthatmatters1 2,823,939 views
- 3:43 DEA Head's Absurd Marijuana Testimonyby TheYoungTurks 117,650 views
- 10:57 NTV investigates in Malawi marijuana farmsby NTVKenya 117,525 views
- 11:15 Marijuana Debate - Ron Paul vs Barack Obamaby ChronicSmokers420 520,101 views
- 5:44 Best Marijuana Argument Ever: Given By Superior Court Judge James P. Grayby HorseofPaulRevere 1,022,163 views
- 2:50 War on marijuana diminishingby CNN 25,010 views
- 41:11 Cannabis, Marijuana, Weed - The Pot 'Point'by townsquare 137,223 views
- Loading more suggestions...