This video is unavailable.
Great White Shark Accident ★★★★★
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 7, 2007
Come visit my new Cafe at www.bittersweetcafes.com
If you are interested in using or licencing this footage please feel free to contact me by email: patrick.sean.walsh at gmail.com
A 2 ton, 15 foot Great White barrels into my cage and brakes through the bars... Patrick Walsh - Filming
Paul Damgaard - Avoiding Sharks Mouth
CC - The Shark
"On November 4th we had an incident that was pretty darned exciting. CC, or Cut Caudal, one of our regular sharks, accidentally ran into one of the main cages on the Searcher. CC came up nearly vertical about 20 feet away from the cage and grabbed one of the hang baits, which he is known to do on a regular basis. However, on this particular day he swam right into the portside cage's viewing window. As CC took the bait he instinctively rolled his eyes back, couldn't see where he was going and accidentally swam directly into the viewing window. CC's entire head went inside the cage and he was stopped just short of his pectoral fins. Well, we all know that white sharks have no reverse and CC was too far in to turn around. He tried to turn, but he could not quite get his snout to clear the corner. He rolled on his side and began to thrash up and down trying to free himself. Being a rather large white shark he just ended up making the opening bigger by simply removing the front of the cage so he could get out of the cage. CC literally removed all the lower front vertical bars and the horizontal bar that connects all of the vertical bars to the main frame of the front cage panel and then swam away. What was amazing is that it took only about 10 seconds to do this. What was even more amazing was that there were 2 divers in the cage at the time and they thought that this was the coolest thing they had ever experienced and walked away completely unscathed. The divers also said that CC was just fine too!
We were all very relieved that no one was injured. We were also pleased that our divers listened to the safety briefing prior to diving and followed the instructions and evacuated the cage when this incident occurred. One diver utilized the emergency escape hatch and somehow managed to film the entire event. We learned something from this and we will take appropriate measures to prevent this from happening again.
When we said, "You can get face-to-face with the ultimate predator" this is not what we had in mind!
The Searcher's cages are 6 years old now and we have learned a great deal since we first built them. We are going to take this opportunity to design and build new state-of-the-art cages that will be safer and stronger. We will unveil the new cages in spring 2008." Great White Shark Adventures
Standard YouTube License
- 0:26 Patrick Walsh Skiing Moguls in Vailby ScubaDubaDive 31,164 views
- 1:06 HELP PUT AN END TO SHARK FINNINGby ScubaDubaDive 37,895 views
- 11:21 Sharks are in trouble and need our help.by ScubaDubaDive 907,365 views
- 79 videos Play all Shark Week Archivesby DiscoveryNetworks
- 6:18 Great White Shark Accident - When Vacations Attackby ScubaDubaDive 450,726 views
- 0:31 SHOCKING Shark Attack Caught on Tapeby itsGratisFreebies 9,991,733 views
- National Geographic 4,246 videos2M
- 0:25 Shark Attack at man arm gross.aviby Anthony S 21,686,815 views
- 1:06 Shark Attack 3: Megalodonby Jon Harvey 40,009,198 views
- 0:47 Dog Attack Sharkby crappyvideos10 29,323,362 views
- 0:25 Boat ride through Pinnochios Whaleby Krista Benson 20,013,239 views
- 3:44 Shark Attack!by NationalGeographic 1,430,504 views
- 3:25 Untamed and Uncut - Double Great White Attackby Animal Planet 977,970 views
- 2:36 The Amazing Deadly Great White Sharkby MrMrmovieproductions 529,830 views
- 1:53 GIRL ATTACKED BY SHARK - FAKE OR REAL?by billschannel 4,764 views
- 1:22 Shark Attack!!by Just For Laughs Gags 2,743,237 views
- 4:05 Many Large Sevengill Sharks Seen in La Jolla Coveby KPBSSanDiego 58,763 views
- 34:34 Let's Play - Shark Attackby LetsPlay 851,351 views
- 4:42 Great White Shark Attack!!by roggezzinho 6,303,758 views
- 0:57 MEGALODON SHARK ATTACK boat off Florida coast. Real or fake?by durianriders 274,579 views
- 3:20 Massive shark attacks marlinby almcglashan 52,411 views
- 1:40 !!MONSTER SHARK BITES GREAT WHITE IN HALF!!by SHARKSANDCREATURES 11,207,720 views
- Loading more suggestions...