FAMILY OF TRAYVON MARTIN DEMANDS JUSTICE
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 16, 2012
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. - Family and friends of a Florida teen shot and killed in a neighborhood watch want the gunman responsible behind bars.
As the nightmare continues for Trayvon Martin's family, the Sanford Police Department continues to investigate his death and addressed the media Monday. "I'm hoping that one day, one day he's gonna walk through the door and this is going to be a nightmare," said the victim's mother, Sabrina Fulton.
Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton want answers for their son's death. On Feb. 26, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by a neighborhood crime watch captain in Sanford, Florida, while on a trip to visit his father.
According to the report, Trayvon walked from the gated townhouse community where they were staying that night to get snacks at a nearby convenience store for his step-brother.
Twenty-eight-year-old George Zimmerman, the watch captain, called police and reported someone suspicious. Dispatchers told Zimmerman not to confront the person and wait for police, but police said Zimmerman ignored the order and shot Trayvon once in the chest. The teen had $22, an iced tea and Skittles in his possession, no weapons.
Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee said they are conducting a fair investigation. "I can assure you that the Sanford Police Department is conducting a fair investigation, no matter what the color of anyone involved," said Lee.
Zimmerman has a concealed weapons permit, but neighbors wonder why he was armed on his rounds. "Neighborhood watch is neighborhood watch, not neighborhood shoot," said one resident.
The family believes the answers to Martin's death may be found in the 911 calls Zimmerman made. "I think that they are covering up something. I think there is a reason that they won't release the 911 tapes," said Fulton.
Zimmerman has been in trouble with the law before. In 2005, he was arrested for resisting police, but those charges were dropped.
Zimmerman has not been charged in connection with Trayvon's death.
According to the family's attorney, the 911 tapes could be released in about two days - 12 March 2012.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:08 Melissa Harris-Perry Gets Mad About Murder Of Trayvon Martinby NewsPoliticsInfo59,380 views
- 3:55 Trayvon Martin Case Gaining National Attentionby WESH 2 News30,765 views
- 6:24 Miami Herald Interviews Trayvon Martin Family - Does NOT Ask About Chickenby damitajo12000135,308 views
- 8 videos Play all newsby NevadaGuse
- 4:02 Teen's dad: Trayvon saw his death comingby CNN141,540 views
- 10:03 Jasmine Rand, Attorney for Trayvon Martin Family, Interviewed About Case on Democracy Now!by democracynow49,909 views
- 8:25 Why Was Trayvon Martin Killed?by ATLAHWorldwide124,410 views
- 2:11 SANFORD POLICE RESPONDS TO SHOOTING WITNESSby copwatchnews81,461 views
- 7:21 EPIC FAIL by Police in Trayvon Martin Investigationby The Young Turks191,121 views
- 1:43 Trayvon Martin 911 Call - "I'm pretty sure the guy is dead."by cjetboy59,790 views
- 10:19 The Trayvon Martin The Media Didnt Want You To Know! By BILL WHITTLE Pt 1by Tommy Ponders189,315 views
- 3:15 George Zimmerman Will Get Away With Murdering Trayvon Martin!by stimabluespeaks118,908 views
- 8:36 Arrest Zimmerman 2012 Trayvan Martin Shootingby Arrest Zimmerman18,859 views
- 7:00 Treyvon Martin 911 Call Released Showing Racismby Jason Unruhe41,302 views
- 5:13 Trayvon Martin is Jahvaris Fulton illuminati Freemason Zimmerman Trial!!by PayDroV85,501 views
- 2:58 Trayvon Martin murder witnesses speak out - WESH TVby tmabomb45,303 views
- 34:23 After The Verdict: George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martinby Stefan Molyneux72,341 views
- 5:02 Trayvon Martin (911 Calls What Really Happened) Friend Speaks Outby Chozen Prod813,056 views
- 40:22 Flood of 911 Calls Released From Witnesses & George Zimmerman Part III of Trayvon Martin Coverageby janespeaks91,824 views
- 11:22 Trayvon Martin Shooter Still Not Arrestedby The Young Turks216,790 views