Why Do Banks Make So Much Money?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 7, 2011
The Proof that Banks Create Money:
Banks make so much money because they can create money, effectively out of nothing, by lending. Every single pound in your bank account was created by a bank, not by your government.
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/PositiveMoney
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/PositiveMoneyUK
Follow us on Google+ http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/googl...
ABOUT POSITIVE MONEY:
Positive Money is a not-for-profit research and campaign group. They work to raise awareness of the connections between our current monetary and banking system and the serious social, economic and ecological problems that face the UK and the world today. In particular they focus on the role of banks in creating the nation's money supply through the accounting process they use when they make loans - an aspect of banking which is poorly understood. Positive Money believe these fundamental flaws are at the root of - or a major contributor to - problems of poverty, excessive debt, growing inequality and environmental degradation. For more information, please visit: http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
Banks are the most heavily subsidised businesses
in the world, specially protected by governments.
While the money runs out for the rest of us,
the largest private banks still thrive. This
is because they get the biggest subsidy of
them all - the licence to print money.
Hard to believe? Martin Wolf, the Chief Economics
Editor at the Financial Times, said it recently:
"The essence of the contemporary monetary
system is the creation of money, out of nothing,
by private banks' often foolish lending..."
You heard that right. Private banks create
money out of nothing! Then they loan it to
us and ask for interest on top!
If you've ever wondered why the bank buildings
around the world soar higher than any palace
or spire ever did, you now have the answer.
But the banks don't simply print money using
secret printing presses in their basements.
They don't have to. Like so many other things
these days, printing money has now gone digital.
With the popular use of debit cards, electronic
fund transfers, and internet banking, only
3% of the money in the UK is now made of paper
and metal coins. The other 97% is entirely
in computers. Electronic money is convenient
for everyone, but it's especially convenient
for the private banks, since they own, run,
and control the entire digital money system.
And what do they do with this special privilege?
Do they channel new money, the blood supply
of the nation, towards the things we need
like hospitals, schools, universities and
Not if it doesn't make a profit for them.
Instead they use their licence to print money
to gamble on the financial markets and pushing
house prices out of reach of ordinary people
by pumping hundreds of billions of pounds
into risky mortgages. This is exactly how
the banks caused the financial crisis, and
now the rest of us are being asked to pay for it.
If we can't afford to run hospitals and build
schools, can we really afford to subsidise
the financial industry? Should we have to
live with less so the bankers can have more?
This is ludicrous, and it's time to put a
stop to it. The private banks can't be trusted
to hold the reins to our entire economy.
We need to take away the bank's power to create
money out of nothing. This will stop them
from causing yet another financial meltdown
and allow us to afford the crucial services
that we as a society need.
Help us caption & translate this video!
Standard YouTube License
- 5:48 How to use 'too' and 'enough' in Englishby AlexESLvid Featured 44,068
- 59:45 97% Owned - Positive Money Cutby QueuePolitely82,222 views
- 57:48 NEW MILLIONAIRES - HOW ARE THEY MAKING THEIR MONEY (Documentary) Finance/Educationby TheBigbang10011,085 views
- 1:24:55 G. Edward Griffin - The Collectivist Conspiracyby whahappa227,673 views
- 49:45 All About the Money (Part 1 - Problems)by Positive Money23,380 views
- 1:26:25 In Debt We Trust Documentary - English Documentary -How Money and Credit Control Your Lifeby Gerrit Habbenhof11,775 views
- 1:49:29 AMERICA — From Freedom To Fascism (Full Length Documentary)by PreserveOurFreedoms288,173 views
- 24 videos Play all The "Money" SCAMby Slave2PaperWithInkOn
- 47:11 How Money Is Made - Documentaryby MoneyAndFinance157,622 views
- 19:46 How Money is Made / Created: Ben Dyson Explains the Debt Crisisby Positive Money47,715 views
- 5:03 Misconceptions around Banking - Banking 101 (Part 1 of 6)by Positive Money28,774 views
- 4:15 A Simple Solution to the Debt Crisis - Positive Moneyby Positive Money44,747 views
- 9:48 King of the Paupers: How banks create moneyby kingofthepaupers4,130 views
- 29:55 The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animationby doctordude2,703,393 views
- 7:54 Noam Chomsky on "The Federal Reserve" (2013)by The Chomsky Videos20,255 views
- 55:19 Get Rich or Die Trying - Making Money on the Web the black hat wayby Jeremiah Grossman63,430 views
- 21:20 All About the Money Part 2 - Solutionsby Positive Money9,276 views
- 39:41 Glenn Beck Exposes the Private Fed; Gets Fired by Foxby P0LICEstateWATCH481,610 views
- 10:00 Money Creation. The facts about how its really done. Part 1 of 2by TheByronDaleChannel10,862 views
- 58:58 RBS - Inside The Bank That Ran Out Of Moneyby thefrockdoctrine134,157 views