Published on Apr 20, 2013
I made a video a while back of the original PLC trainer control panel I made. I bought some additional stuff for another project but it never got used so I added it on to my original panel.
I added eight additional lights that pretty much hang off of the side of the panel. I just used whatever I had so, yes, it is cardboard. I used a voltage divider to get 5v (actual reading is around 4.5v) from the 24v power supply. I left the extra space beside each LED so I can easily label them, which is kind of a problem for the rest of the panel (everything is a little too close to properly label). I also added an inductive proximity sensor that sits at the top of the panel in the center.
The original PLC trainer:
- Seven buttons (6 to PLC + 1 hardwired e-stop)
- Seven lights (6 from PLC + 1 hardwired power indicator)
- One switch
- Click C0-00AC Power Supply
- Click C0-00DD1-D CPU
- Click C0-08TD1 Output Module
- Koyo APS4-12S-E-D Inductive Proximity Sensor (top center of main panel)
- Eight lights (the white LEDs on the side panel on the right)
Also some quick notes about the video:
- I made a realllllly short video about this update and I wasn't really satisfied with it. I haven't made a video that needed editing like this in a long time so I took this opportunity to do one. Sorry for the shaky hands...
- Thanks to Canada's Wonderland/Tantrum/Whoever Deserves It for the music! It was from a scene in Starlight Spectacular in 2012.