iOS 7 vs. Windows Phone 8
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 11, 2013
BEFORE you comment, PLEASE read the description... It may answer many of your questions :) it shall prevent much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :D
This is just a quick little video that I made to compare* iOS 7 to my Current Windows Phone 8 device.
I don't claim Apple copied Microsoft, but there are a lot of design similarities,
IMO = In My Opinion, please don't get upset, it isn't fact, it's just my opinion :)
1) Yes, this is the Windows Phone LockScreen vs. the iOS notification menu, both screenshots show the weather, calendar appointments, call, email, messaging, other notifications (On iOS too I presume) the Date, and the Time. Personally I prefer the Windows Phone LockScreen because it's at a glance: (Unlock phone - check info - lock phone again) vs. iOS (Unlock Phone - swipe down - check info - lock screen)
2) Incoming call: Many say "There is only one way to design this interface to do this so Apple had no choice" Apple's old offering was fine, so is Android's, and BB10 also came up with a new and unique way to answer/silence a call. Apple's design, with the two small buttons and one large button was instantly familiar to me, too familiar. They could have easily done something slightly different, or kept the same design and made it minimalist (there is no problem with the old design interface).
3) Messaging, :) do you like edges, or not?
4) The Web browser: Apple is touting their newest minimalist "Unified smart search field." this is just a fair comparison, Internet Explorer already was a minimalist browser on Windows Phone. I just used the same website to make it fair. They look different, WP is more minimalist. And "Universal smart search field" was already quite universal with all the other mobile browsers on multiple platforms having it way before Apple invented a term for it.
5) Weather: Apple is showing off their new minimalist weather app. With revolutionary new animations! This weather app on windows phone (Weather Flow for those curious) has animations as well it's just a design comparison, personally I think the font against the light background is difficult to read on iOS, bad ui choice! (for Windows Phone users, Amazing Weather is another great weather app)
6) Similar calendar design, not much to look at anyways, IMO Windows Phone is more minimalist and clean looking while showing the same amount of info.
7) Music Player: COMPLETELY different! yes again, this is a design comparison, personally, I like how Windows Phone shows you the next 3 songs, and it has the artist background (Which also shows as the LockScreen Background when you are playing music) Again IMO Windows Phone looks nicer.
8) Maps: Maps look the same, however, IMO the 3D is done better on Here maps than iOS :) and needless to say, one is Apple Maps, the other is Nokia maps, who own Navteq. Guess which is more reliable. :P
9) Calculator: Kind of similar, Windows Phone has more options, (I believe both iOS & WP turn scientific once phone is tilted)
10) App Switcher: Yes Windows Phone was inspired by WebOS (Then BlackBerry Playbook also used it) however, both of these companies changed the aesthetic design of their versions, Apple didn't really. Nothing can multitask like a BlackBerry running BB10 though.
11) Email: Yes, they look different, again I like how it's more functional and minimalist on Windows Phone. It's just the content.
12) Contacts info: Again WP is more minimalist, I like that, it wasn't copied.
My issue with Apple isn't the design itself, but when you visit their website, they claim it as being All new. Let me quote directly from Apple's website: "The Mobile OS from whole new Perspective" "All new Design" and stuff like that. What they should have said is "new REdesigned iOS"
I hope you all enjoy it!
PS: The weather app on the lockscreen is Weather Flow
Standard YouTube License
- 12:25 Where iOS 7 Features Come From!by Marques Brownlee Featured 670,310
- 34:36 iOS 7 v. Androidby Eli Fennell
- 19:41 Nokia Lumia 920 Review: Windows Phone 8 Walkthrough of my setupby TheMobileFanatics79,903 views
- 9:22 iOS 7 vs Windows Phone 8by Pocketnow106,511 views
- 14:28 iSwitched to Windows Phone 8 - Day 30 Experience Linus Tech Tipsby LinusTechTips99,964 views
- 5:54 Windows Phone vs. iOS vs. Androidby TechnoBuffalo195,903 views
- 8:18 TLDR: Switching from Android to Windows Phone!by Chris Pirillo48,506 views
- 4:59 iOS 7 vs Android Jelly Bean vs Windows Phone 8 vs BB10by TechRadar218,739 views
- 11:50 iOS 7 (Beta) vs. Windows Phone 8 - Detailed Comparisonby KFHD152,245 views
- 21:56 Apple iPad Air (White vs Black): Unboxing & Overviewby DetroitBORG212,706 views
- 7:49 iOS' Siri vs Android's Voice Actions vs Windows Phone's Tellmeby PhoneBuff112,466 views
- 28:42 iOS 7 vs Android: Has Apple Succeeded?by Erica Griffin106,337 views
- 4:13 iOS 7: What Apple Didn't Show Youby SoldierKnowsBest1,349,246 views
- 21:12 «НАШ ОБЗОР» #67: Windows Phone 8 и Nokia Lumia 920by RunetTimes21,436 views
- 6:02 Hidden Features of iOS 7by TechSmartt1,785,457 views
- 21:47 Windows Phone 7 vs. iOSby zollotech53,333 views
- 4:28 Apple iOS 7 - The Truth | Year of The Copycatsby Armando Ferreira54,504 views
- 25:26 iOS7 vs iOS6 a Fondo Españolby MARCIANOPHONE160,112 views
- 10:20 iOS 7 Hidden Features - Top 10 Listby AppFind257,018 views
- 4:13 Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and Bittersweet Shimmer demonstrated on a Lumia 920by Windows Phone Central108,579 views
- Loading more suggestions...