Trio - Da Da Da 1982
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 5, 2011
Good quality video recorded from Top Of The Pops 1982. Trio was a German band. It formed in the small German town of Großenkneten in 1980. The band is most noted for the song "Da da da, ich lieb dich nicht du liebst mich nicht aha aha aha" (usually simply "Da Da Da") which was a hit in 30 countries worldwide. However, to understand Trio one must understand its context. It was a product of the Neue Deutsche Welle (or NDW). However, Trio preferred the name Neue Deutsche Fröhlichkeit, which means "New German Cheerfulness", to describe their music. At that time, as now, popular songs were based on extremely simple structures that were ornately produced. Trio's main principle was to remove almost all the ornamentation and polish from their songs, and to use the simplest practical structures (most of their songs were three-chord songs). For this reason, many of their songs are restricted to drums, guitar, vocals, and just one or maybe two other instruments, if any at all. Bass was used very infrequently until their later songs, and live shows often saw Remmler playing some simple preprogrammed rhythms and melodies on his small Casio VL-1 keyboard while Behrens played his drums single-handedly while eating an apple.
The band produced a number of albums. There are many versions of Bye Bye (marked with different advertisements on the cover); versions in North America are called TRIO and Error and feature no advertisements. The 1997 CD of TRIO and Error was also released as Da Da Da in the United States, in response to the 1997 US Volkswagen commercial that featured the song "Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha", often contracted to simply "Da Da Da". The re-release had some changes: two songs were added and the album was digitally remastered.
The band never got very popular outside of Germany, and are largely forgotten even for their one hit. However, in its time, Trio had some popularity in Germany. For instance, the German version of "Da da da" was No.2 on the charts (April 1982). Its most notable songs, other than Da Da Da, are probably "Broken Hearts for You and Me", "Boom Boom", "Hearts are Trump", and "Anna Letmein Letmeout". All of these songs except the first have a corresponding German version, which sometimes differs considerably, and these were also released in the English-speaking world. "Da da da" hit No.2 in the UK in July 1982 and No.3 in Canada in December 1982. They had another three top ten hits in Germany until the end of 1983, then disbanded the following year. Every member launched a solo career, with only Remmler managing to be somewhat successful.
They produced a movie called "Drei gegen Drei", meaning "Three Against Three". In the movie, three people (played by Trio) kill doubles of themselves as part of a twisted scam to gain riches. However, the movie flopped miserably; even avid Trio fan Matthias Klein said, "[the members of] Trio are not actors". The corresponding soundtrack is the album What's the Password, however, drummer Peter Behrens does not perform in any of the songs, despite appearing on the album's cover. He left the band due to dissatisfaction with Kralle and Remmler over financial matters, leading to the complete breakup of Trio in 1985.
CD releases1982: Trio
1982: Trio live im Frühjahr 82 (MC only, 1992 re-released on CD)
1983: Bye Bye (in the US sold as Trio and Error)
1985: Whats the Password
1986: 5 Jahre zuviel ("Five years too many", compilation)
1997: Da Da Da (US only)
2000: Triologie (best-of compilation)
2003: Trio Deluxe Edition
Please visit my other Channel. Keep Rockin!.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Da Da Da I Don't Love You, You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha" on
- 43 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Trio - Da Da Da 1982
- 3:37 DA DA MUH! (FORS vo dr LUEG - der offizielle MUNI-Song 2013)by OrigOeschsdieDritten Featured 264,376
- 1:16:22 TRIO - Live in concert 1982 - a classic gigby 1up2008102,853 views
- 3:20 Trio -- Da Da Da [[ Official Video ]]by RockAndDiscoMusic1,270,906 views
- 3:46 Trio Da-Da-Da - 1982by NewVaveGermany803,542,603 views
- 2:20 Da Da Da (English version) [Trio]by stereopsis998,661 views
- 6:30 Trio - Da, Da, Da, (Remix 1982)by Fredy Amezquita19,701 views
- 3 videos Play all Da Da Daby TheCoverHeaven
- 5:06 Trio - Sunday Need Love monday be aloneby flavio denovaro207,668 views
- 3:08 Trio - Bum Bum 1983by fritz51113195,076 views
- 3:14 ABBA : Arrival ((Stereo))by 2Shaymcn749,243 views
- 4:05 Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touchby BloodhoundGangVEVO85,005,810 views
- 2:31 Nena - Kino 1983by fritz5111391,333 views
- 2:51 Falco - Der Kommissar 1982by fritz51304,483,732 views
- 2:12 DaDaDa-2010by tinboxtwo234,376 views
- 3:27 Trio - da da daby J River413,660 views
- Mother Goose Club 145 videos441K
- 3:37 Trio - Bum-Bum - 1983by NewVaveGermany80352,659 views
- 4:38 MC Hammer - U Can't Touch Thisby emimusic71,160,882 views
- 1:34 RANDALL KEY INSANE AIR!by BustedKnuckleVideo54,705 views
- 3:05 Finland - "Da Da Dam" - Eurovision Song Contest 2011 - BBC Oneby BBC703,039 views