The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualized
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 24, 2011
Full script can be found at: http://budget.house.gov/fy2012budget/...
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan: "We can no longer let politicians in Washington deny the danger to Medicare -- the danger is all too real, and the health of our nation's seniors is far too important. We have to save Medicare to avoid disruptions in benefits for current seniors, and to strengthen the program for future generations. House Republicans have put forward a plan to do just that. Democratic leaders in Congress have failed to produce a plan -- it has been 755 days since Senate Democrats even passed a budget. Meanwhile, the President's plan would empower a panel of 15 unelected bureaucrats to cut Medicare for current seniors, while failing to save the program for future retirees.
"This video lays out the clear choice our nation faces on Medicare: Will Medicare become a program in which a board of bureaucrats manages its bankruptcy by denying care to seniors? Or will leaders work together to save and strengthen Medicare by empowering seniors to choose health care plans that work best for them, with less support for the wealthy and more help for the poor and the sick? House Republicans have advanced solutions to save Medicare. Instead of working with us, the leaders of the Democratic Party have opted to play politics with the health security of America's seniors."
To learn more about the House-passed Fiscal Year 2012 Budget -- The Path to Prosperity: http://budget.house.gov/fy2012budget/
To learn more about the facts on the House Republicans' plan to save and strengthen Medicare: http://budget.house.gov/SettingtheRec...
Standard YouTube License
- 59:45 Reich: How Unequal Can America Get ?by UCTV, University of California TelevisionFeatured 82,339
- 4:09 Path to Prosperity (Episode 3): 3 Steps to Pro-Growth Tax Reform -- VISUALIZEDby HouseBudgetCommittee 92,062 views
- 11:54 Paul Ryan - Leadership Needed to Save Medicare; Lift Debt Burden; Grow Economyby Committee on the Budget 8,308 views
- 3:15 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee 320,331 views
- 3:23 The Path to Prosperity Budget: Your Country. Your Future. Your Choice.by HouseBudgetCommittee 63,545 views
- 16 videos Play all health care/budget debateby gillisajbfan
- 14:30 Rep. Paul Ryan Vs. President Obamaby forbes 170,287 views
- 5:33 Four Reasons Why Big Government Is Bad Governmentby CFPEcon101 35,686 views
- 1:19 Queen humiliates President Obama at Buckingham Palace by refusing toast - May 24 2011by newsreeldemocracy 2,427,617 views
- 3:26 Paul Ryan Medicare Plan Explained by Michelle Fields - Fox & Friends First - 8-13-12by RightSightings 4,704 views
- 2:05 Town Hall Attendees Boo And Scream Liar As Paul Ryan Wants To Cut Taxes On Corporationsby ThinkProgress.org 50,564 views
- 1:34 The Truth about Paul Ryanby zerban4wisconsin 11,299 views
- 5:27 Andrea Mitchell Gets Testy with Debbie Wasserman Schultz over Florida Jewish Supportby sktmax1961 50,785 views
- 1:22 Granny Off the Cliffby TheAgendaProject 308,865 views
- 1:30 Paul Ryan Reminds Debbie Wasserman-Schultz What She's Already Done to Medicareby HouseBudgetCommittee 123,455 views
- 1:19 House Budget Trailer: America Deserves A Better Pathby HouseBudgetCommittee 114,493 views
- 7:00 Obama's Health Care Plan Explainedby Out in the Street Films 64,995 views
- 7:53 Paul Ryan talks taxes & spending with MSNBC's Chris Matthewsby RepPaulRyan's channel 72,955 views
- 1:56 Sydney Colson storyby kevincuencatv's channel 5,512 views
- 2:10 Paul Ryan corrects those confused on combating povertyby HouseBudgetCommittee 73,313 views
- 1:57 Paul Ryan gets booed for supporting wealthy tax breaksby ThinkProgressVideo 292,453 views
- Loading more suggestions...