Bach Prelude Cello Suite No 2 D minor BWV 1008. Georg Mertens
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 6, 2011
For a detailed History and Analysis of the Bach Cello Suites visit: http://www.georgcello.com/bachcellosu...
iTunes download (track 7): https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id5...
For "Six Bach Suites with Georg Mertens" (MP3 and physical CD) click here on: http://cdbaby.com/cd/georgmertens4
The 6 cello suites are today part of the program of the CELLO CONCERTS at Jenolan Caves, NSW Australia.
These concerts are the longest series of cello concerts in history with more than 150 cello concerts in over 15 years.
Cello Concerts are held regularly every 3d Sat of the month 4pm. Bookings (AU) 02 6359 3911 (or ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Jenola...
For program / dates & details visit: http://www.georgcello.com/cello.htm
The complete 6 Suites for cello solos can be viewed on this Youtube channel,
Suite 1 in G major BWV 1007, Suite 2 in D minor BWV 1008, Suite 3 in C major BWV 1009, Suite 4 in Eb major BWV 1010, Suite 5 in C minor BWV 1011 and Suite 6 in D major BWV 1012 with the following movements:
Preludes, Allemandes, Courantes, Sarabande, Bourrees, Menuets, Gavottes & Gigues.
To the VIBRATO: The composer / music theorist Geminiani wrote in 1752: 'vibrato ....when it is made on short notes, it only contributes to make their sound more agreeable and for this reason it should be made use of as often as possible'. This is very interesting since the popular Baroque fashion of today avoids vibrato. I think this fashion has been created by "new Roamantics". In the Romantic period vibrato was hardly used in Germany, Austria and England. The famous violinist Joachim, to whom Brahms dedicated his violin concerto, hardly used vibrato. Only Kreisler introduced it in the 1920s.
For Baroque and today's bow technique visit: "An analysis of bow technique" : http://www.georgcello.com/bow.htm .
In 1972 I performed this movement for the entrance test to my tertiary studies at the Musikhochschule Freiburg. It remained one of my all time favourites.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Bach - The 6 Cello Suites / Cello - Georg Mertens
- 24 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Bach Prelude Cello Suite No 2 D minor BWV 1008. Georg Mertens
- 3:25 Bach Sarabande Cello Suite V, C minor BWV 1011. Georg Mertensby georgcello4,712 views
- 4:41 Bach Gavotte's Cello Suite VI, D major BWV 1012. Georg Mertensby georgcello1,560 views
- 4:57 La Cinquantaine - Gabriel Marie. Cello Georg Mertens - piano Gavin Tippingby georgcello101,435 views
- 2:28:06 Pablo Casals - Bach Cello Suites Nos. 1-6 - Full Albumby Stavros Mertzanis17,521 views
- 2:11:35 Bach - Cello Suitesby Sam Rothstein55,688 views
- 2:22:10 J.S. Bach - Christmas Oratorio BWV 248by counterpoint85218,236 views
- 2:10:30 Yo-Yo Ma - Bach, Cello Suitesby messer citraz4,798,420 views
- 50 videos Play all Prelude in G Majorby YSOmusic
- 16:38 Mstislav Rostropovich - Bach - Cello Suite No 1 in G major, BWV 1007by Classical Vault 2724 views
- 12:45 Johann Sebastian Bach: Suite for Cello Solo No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1008; Alja Mandicby Alja Mandic1,845 views
- 4:15 'J.S. Bach - Suite for Solo Cello no. 2 in D minor Prelude' by Ariel Barnes'by CBC Music7,062 views
- 8:03 Bach Cello Suite No. 1 Sarabande and Prelude. Wendy Sutter - celloby PerspectivesEnsemble57,104 views
- 5:05 J.S. Bach - Cello Suite No. 6 Prélude - Eva Beneke (guitar)by Concertoinre139,094 views
- 16:07 Paulo Martelli plays J.S.Bach: Cello Suite n.2 BWV 1008 on 11 String Guitar (complete)by movimentoviolao168518,351 views
- 5:37 Bach D Minor Cello Suite, Preludeby Ray Flanigan5,787 views
- 18:11 Johan Sebastian Bach - Suite No. 2 in D Minor BWV 1008by goturhjem22,239 views
- 2:18:43 J.S. Bach Suites for Violoncello Solo Complete, Pierre Fournierby harpsichordRB25,874 views
- 2:29:28 Rostropovich -- BACH (DVD Completo)by Grandesmusicos774,895 views
- 9:47 Yo-Yo Ma: Elgar Cello Concerto, 1st mvmtby medpiano3,273,839 views