This video is unavailable.
Clayton Christensen: Is Facebook an Innovative Company?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 4, 2012
Complete video available for purchase at http://fora.tv/2012/03/28/Cultural_Ph...
Clayton Christensen, Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School, argues that despite developing a groundbreaking idea, Facebook hasn't proven itself to be an innovative company.
Traditionally, big companies have been vulnerable to disruptive start-ups who can move more nimbly into new markets. But companies today are learning how to build disruption into their DNA. This session will explore the intersection between leadership, corporate culture, and disruptive innovation.
Ideas Economy: Innovation will explore the role of governments, corporations and individuals as drivers of innovation and will develop prescriptions that lead to lasting progress and prosperity. Conference attendees will engage in a lively examination of current political and economic policies around the world, develop a keen understanding of how the forces of globalization affect the ways companies innovate and manage innovation, and discuss what individuals can do, not only to energize their own creative and intellectual potential, but to develop jobs, improve company earnings, and contribute to economic growth around the world.
Clayton M. Christensen is the architect of and the world's foremost authority on disruptive innovation, a framework which describes the process by which a product or service takes root initially in simple applications at the bottom of a market and then relentlessly moves "up market," eventually displacing established competitors. Consistently acknowledged in rankings and surveys as one of the world's leading thinkers on innovation, Christensen is widely sought after as a speaker, advisor and board member. His research has been applied to national economies, start-up and Fortune 50 companies, as well as to early and late stage investing.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:20 Clayton Christensen on Winners and Losers in the Next Economyby Big ThinkFeatured 2,968
- 1:57 Does Culture Affect How Bodies Function?by ForaTv 2,078 views
- 1:13 Vivek Wadhwa: Chinese Innovation is a 'Giant Scam'by ForaTv 2,365 views
- 19:55 We're All Predictably Irrational - Dan Arielyby ForaTv 165,620 views
- 55:55 Steve Jobs - Disruptive Innovation Documentary - One Last thing (HD - Full Length)by theinnovatorchannel 21,175 views
- 5:00 Clayton Christensen on the Dire State of American Innovationby Big Think 1,346 views
- 4:10 Clayton Christensen on The Innovator's Prescriptionby Big Think 2,476 views
- 12:58 Clayton M. Christensen on Disruptive Innovationby InnosightInstitute 4,777 views
- 42 videos Play all speech on innovation 8ian11by soringuiman
- 1:20:36 Dr. Clayton Christensen discusses disruption in higher educationby AcademicPartnerships 2,973 views
- 1:02:45 BoxWorks 2012 Keynote: Clayton Christensenby box 2,481 views
- 9:42 PCT 2009: Clayton Christensen, Part 1by PartnershipsIIR 1,527 views
- 1:02:01 The Innovator's Prescription - Clayton Christensen, D.B.A.by Mayo Clinic 554 views
- 29:32 Davos 2013 - An Insight, An Idea with Clayton Christensenby WorldEconomicForum 3,469 views
- 37:35 Clayton Christensen (Innovators Dilemma) at Startup Grind 2013by StartupGrind 2,219 views
- 5:20 Five Questions with... Clayton Christensenby Wobi 1,169 views
- 31:30 Clayton Christensen Interview with Mark Suster at Startup Grind 2013by StartupGrind 17,543 views
- 6:20 Clayton Christensen on Healthcare Innovatorsby Big Think 1,959 views
- 4:16 Innovate by Looking for Problem Patternsby HarvardBusiness 7,531 views
- 5:10 Clayton Christensen & Henry Eyring Discuss "The Innovative University"by sternassociates 3,148 views
- 2:39 Clayton Christensen's Advice to the U.S. Governmentby Big Think 430 views
- Loading more suggestions...