How to Unlock Your World With Foursquare
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 2, 2010
Watch more How to Use Social Media videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/594-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Learn how to unlock your world with the app called Foursquare and your iPhone, BlackBerry, or other phone and become mayor of locations.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Find friends
Download the Foursquare app to your cell phone and instantly link to your address book and Facebook and Twitter accounts to discover where your friends are hanging out. See if they're near you by looking at where they've recently checked in.
If your phone doesn't have internet access and you live in the U.S., you can use Foursquare via text message.
Step 2: Check in
Tell your friends where you are by checking in at one of the thousands of places Foursquare lists automatically based on your GPS location. Leave tips on special features you find around town and don't skimp on the details: inside information is one of Foursquare's best features.
If the place you're at isn't listed, you can add it to Foursquare.
Step 3: Learn tips
Check out tips from your friends and from the hundreds of thousands of other users -- find recommendations on your specific location or suggestions for things to do -- or avoid -- nearby.
Step 4: Get out
The more you use Foursquare, the more you'll get out of it. Unlock badges and earn points based on where, when, and how often you check in -- see how many you can rack up in any given month, and check out your stats at foursquare.com.
Step 5: Gain power
Check in at a location more than anyone else and become the mayor -- you don't get a key to the city, but you might get rewards from certain businesses just for being a loyal customer.
Even if you're not the mayor, look out for specials offered to Foursquare users.
Step 6: Use it everywhere
Use Foursquare wherever you go -- in museums, at airports, on public transportation, during concerts -- you never know when you might come across a little planned serendipity.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:47 How to Make a Dissolving Bikini as a Prankby HowcastFeatured 5,369,254
- Foursquare 24 videos2K
- 1:40 How To Become More Popular Without Turning Meanby Howcast 215,635 views
- 1:20 How to Hook a Computer Up To a Stereoby Howcast 47,974 views
- 2:17 How to Live Undergroundby Howcast 301,172 views
- 2:32 How to Survive a Nuclear Terrorist Attackby Howcast 399,097 views
- 1:25 How to Handle a Mac Freezeby Howcast 97,730 views
- 2:35 How To Use Twitter For Businessby Howcast 38,233 views
- 2:37 How to Say Goodbye to a Petby Howcast 88,598 views
- 2:25 How To Pick a Lockby Howcast 9,683,615 views
- 2:03 How to Give Up Sodaby Howcast 147,271 views
- 6:45 Team Foursquare Interviewby Serko Artinian 8,024 views
- 2:00 How to Turn to the Dark Sideby Howcast 276,469 views
- 1:51 How to Make a Maze for Your Gerbil or Hamsterby Howcast 244,161 views
- 2:26 How to Survive 2012: End of the Worldby Howcast 1,696,325 views
- 1:45 How To Fall Asleep Fastby Howcast 1,390,746 views
- 2:18 How to Survive a Zombie Attackby Howcast 658,380 views
- 0:57 How to Get Your Child to Stop Biting Peopleby Howcast 106,947 views
- 2:50 How To Wake Up Early When You Absolutely Have Toby Howcast 1,026,499 views
- 4:59 Foursquareby Michael Nugent 14,746 views
- 1:33 How to Know if You're Boringby Howcast 143,121 views
- Loading more suggestions...