'US President Barack Obama backs bid to reinstate assault-weapons ban'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 18, 2012
President Barack Obama supports Senator Dianne Feinstein's effort to craft legislation to reinstate an assault-weapons ban, the White House said on Tuesday.
President Barack Obama supports US Senator Dianne Feinstein's effort to craft legislation to reinstate an assault-weapons ban and would also back any law to close a loophole in gun-show sales, White House spokesman Jay Carney has said.
Mr Carney offered some of the first specifics on how Mr Obama intends to make good on his promise to address gun violence in the aftermath of a shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that killed 27 people, including 20 children.
"He is actively supportive of for example Senator Feinstein's stated intent to revise a piece of legislation that would reinstate the assault-weapons ban. He supports and would support legislation that addresses the problem of the so called gun show loophole and there are other elements of gun law legislation, gun legislation that he could support," Whitehouse spokesman Jay Carney said.
Mr Obama had called for action at a Sunday night prayer vigil in Newtown, and Democratic lawmakers have sought a new push for US gun restrictions.
Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/world...
Get the latest headlines http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
Subscribe to The Telegraph http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/telegraph.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/telegraph
Follow us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/1028913550727...
Telegraph.co.uk and YouTube.com/TelegraphTV are websites of The Daily Telegraph, the UK's best-selling quality daily newspaper providing news and analysis on UK and world events, business, sport, lifestyle and culture.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:08 Connecticut school shooting: Barack Obama: gun control reforms will take courageby The Telegraph 1,717 views
- 1:54 School shooting: Americans 'want to protect themselves'by The Telegraph 696 views
- 1:18 Connecticut school shooting: second day of funerals held for victimsby telegraphtv 5,071 views
- 0:53 Ancient Dead Sea Scrolls digitised in co-project by Israel and Googleby The Telegraph 1,621 views
- 2:05 Assault Weapons Ban Incoming!by A Lover AND A Fighter 18,834 views
- 1:50 Ban Assault Weapons Once And For Allby The Daily Conversation 23,528 views
- 12:27 Heated Debate - "You're An Unbelievably STUPID Man Aren't You!" Piers Morgan To Pro-Gun Guestby hi5viralnews1 627,132 views
- 7:57 Dianne Feinstein to Reintroduce Expired Assault Weapons Banby PBSNewsHour 13,323 views
- 2:02 Obama backs assault weapons banby Al Jazeera English 12,267 views
- 14:32 Gun Gripes Episode 45: "Obama Assault Weapons Ban"by Iraqveteran8888 125,588 views
- 13:25 Obama Speech after losing Assault Weapons Ban - Remember, world saw this tantrum and Biden Cryingby Wayne Dupree 36,739 views
- 32:00 President Obama Delivers Morehouse College Commencement Addressby The White House 55,424 views
- 10:56 Weapons Ban 2013 what to expect ! Watch OUT!!!! gun talk with USSQUADSby ussquads 4,841 views
- 5:37 Norah O'Donnell Grills Emanuel For Telling Obama AG To 'Shut The F**k Up'by NewsPoliticsToday 721 views
- 11:09 Another Assault Weapons Ban Is Possibleby TCArmory 15,475 views
- 2:04 Obama 'Actively' Supports Assault Weapons Banby AssociatedPress 4,739 views
- 11:23 Judge Goes Nuclear On Obama: Why Do You Apologize To Muslims And Lie To Americansby BirtherReport.com 57,275 views
- 11:47 Judge Jeanine "Fact Blasts" Hillary & Obama Administration on Benghazi Attack - 5-11-13by Right Sightings 193,586 views
- 1:25 "Feinstein Walks Out On Reporter",California US Senate debateby PaoloPhotoFilms 231,326 views
- 4:50 Assault Weapons Ban Fallacyby The Yankee Marshal 20,124 views
- Loading more suggestions...