Nazi Holocaust - The Forgotten Gay Victims
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 1, 2011
The fight against fascism and bigotry must also incorporate the defence and support of the Gay and Lesbian Communities. The message needs to be made loud and clear, and repeated often; ANY form of discrimination, bigotry or oppression must be fought and defeated in the 21st Century!!!
Between 1933 and 1945, Germany's National Socialist (Nazi) government under Adolf Hitler used its monopoly of authority to attempt to rid German territory of people who did not fit it's vision of a "master Aryan race." Foremost among the so-called racial enemies, according to the Nazis' anti-semitic ideology, were the Jews. The current wave of fascist ideology rallying against "Islam" is astonishing in its resembelance to Nazi anti-semitism. Infact you could replace the word "Muslim" for "Jew" in any EDL/BNP diatribe and get a mirror image of traditional 1940's fascism.
Many other groups were targets of persecution and even murder in the 1940s under the Nazis' ideology, including Germans with mental and physical disabilities, homosexuals, transgendered, Socialists, Communists and Trade Unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Roma ("Gypsies"), Poles, and Soviet prisoners of war. Millions perished in this state--sponsored tyranny.
As part of the Nazis' attempt to purify German society and propagate an "Aryan master race," they condemned homosexuals as "socially aberrant." Soon after taking office on 30 January, 1933, Hitler banned all homosexual and lesbian organisations. Brownshirted storm troopers raided the institutions and gathering places of homosexuals. Greatly weakened and driven underground, this subculture had flourished in the relative freedom of the 1920s, in the pubs and cafes of Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Bremen, and other cities.
The Nazi campaign against homosexuality targeted the more than one million German men who, the state asserted, carried a "degeneracy" that threatened the "disciplined masculinity" of Germany. Denounced as "anti-social parasites" and as "enemies of the state," more than 100,000 men were arrested under a broadly interpreted law against homosexuality. Approximately 50,000 men served prison terms as convicted homosexuals, while an unknown number were institutionalized in mental hospitals. Others were castrated under court order or coercion. Analyses of fragmentary records suggest that between 5,000 and 15,000 homosexual men were imprisoned in concentration camps, where many died from starvation, disease, exhaustion, beatings, and murder.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Dreamscape (Remastered)" on
009 Sound System
- 49:23 Caligula II The Untold Story 1981 Full Sceneby rock mani3,361,858 views
- 44:17 Greatest Mysteries of WWII: Hitler's Money (720p)by SUPERIOR HISTORY203,765 views
- 8:22 Parte I - Visita al campo de concentracion de Auschwitz - Visit to the Auschwitz concentration campby Roberto Cacheiro Frias99,641 views
- 7:17 Holocaust Liberation Videoby Seth Galante45,888 views
- 44:17 Hitler's Henchmen - The Executioner - Heinrich Himmlerby popperslist774,793 views
- 1:15 Syrian Execution: "Scene Of Utter Cruelty"by Æˢᵗʰᵉᵗᶤᶜ ɱᶤᶰᵈ230,968 views
- 81 videos Play all castratioby 92sinchan
- 47:00 The Auschwitz Albumsby GermanDeathCamps1114,785 views
- 1:26:54 The Yellow Star - The Persecution of European Jews GERMAN HISTORY DOCUMENTARYby GermanDeathCamps12,866 views
- 1:14:04 Paragrap 175 - Homosexuals in Nazi Germany (eng.sub.)by InsideNaziGermany3,705 views
- 49:52 Auschwitz - Why The Gas Chambers Are A Myth - HD (full)by ♦IMM0RTALTRUTHZ♦265,682 views
- 9:40 The Holocaust Nazi concentration camps Part 3by WilliamGladston89206,408 views
- 49:52 Birkenau: Inside the Gas Chambersby Holocaust History12,788 views
- 25:48 Cameroun L'Homosexualité Vue D'Afriqueby lorenzo mbiahou311,326 views
- 7:44 The Killing Fields - Einsatzgruppen - The "other" Holocaustby Alley Cat278,154 views
- 44:42 Nazi Collaborators German Jewsby m morty33,626 views
- 2:50 Homosexuality in Nazi Germanyby gibberishbeard76,028 views
- 1:52:56 JASENOVAC - PREZIVELI LOGORAS SAVO DELIBASICby kal1mero17,044 views
- 9:03 How the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Severely Injured the Civilians - GRAPHIC & UNCUTby wordswithmeaning75,104 views
- 7:25 Nazi Policies towards Womenby Russel Tarr75,339 views