Ekso Bionics Introduces a Bionic Exoskeleton
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 27, 2011
Ekso is a wearable robot or exoskeleton that powers people with lower extremity paralysis or weakness to get them standing up and walking. It is a battery powered, bionic device that is strapped over the user's clothing. The combination of motors and sensors, along with patient assist with balance and body position, allow the user to walk over ground with reciprocal gait.
As experience user/patient can transfer to/from their wheelchair and don or doff the Ekso in less than 5 minutes. The torso and leg straps are designed for the user/patient to easily get in and out of the device either on their own or with minimal assistance.
We have begun selling Ekso our bionic exoskeleton into the leading spinal cord centers across the United States. Understanding that each spinal cord rehabilitation center has a different infrastructure that will drive the robotic device's utilization, some potential areas of usage for both spinal cord injury patients and other with mobility limitations are for incomplete SCI patients: exercise and wellness, research, gait training and preparation for the personal exoskeleton that will be coming out late 2014. Other potential areas of usage are neurological disorders such as Guillain Barre, MS, ALS, and other diagnosis may benefit from gait training with Ekso if all inclusion criteria are met.
Ekso offers a wide variety of research opportunities with SCI and other diagnostic groups. Ekso Personal will be available late 2014 only through certified Ekso Centers that will have the ability to prescribe units to patients appropriate for the exoskeleton device.
Ekso Bionics is committed to applying the latest technology and engineering to help people rethink current physical limitations and achieve the remarkable. Originally Berkeley Bionics, Ekso Bionics was founded in Berkeley, California in 2005. Since inception Ekso Bionics has forged partnerships with world-class institutions like UC Berkeley, received research grants from the Department of Defense and licensed the HULC™ technology to the Lockheed Martin Corporation. Today Ekso Bionics continues to pioneer the field of exoskeletons, designing and creating some of the most forward-thinking and innovative solutions for people looking to augment human mobility and capability.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:50 AmputeeOT: How a definitive carbon fiber prosthetic leg worksby AmputeeOT Featured 33,028
- 5:07 The Next Iron Man is YOUby rusty546,780 views
- 46:36 The Incredible Bionic Man (Full Episode)by Smithsonian Channel29,797 views
- 5:45 Bionic Legs, Eyes, Arms and Other Super Human Prosthesesby CrazyNews8821,993 views
- 4:51 Robot suit HALالبدلة الآلية تمكنك من رفع الاوزان الثقيلة جداby Technigeek754,762 views
- 3:40 The $50,000 bionic legby CNNMoney28,453 views
- 16:01 Eythor Bender at TEDMED 2011by TEDMED30,443 views
- 8:05 Tokyo University of Science Robotics on Beyond Tomorrowby rasmasyean222,087 views
- 14 videos Play all Future Trends - Health Informaticsby Webagogy
- 5:04 Bionic hand controlled by iPhone appby CNN105,475 views
- 5:06 Ekso Bionics' Suit August 2012 Upgradeby Ekso Bionics46,279 views
- 1:33 Man sees with 'bionic eye'by ITN3,572,955 views
- 5:04 Ekso Bionics' exoskeleton for paraplegicsby TheEngineerUK35,106 views
- 2:16 Animatronic Robotic Human Robotic Hands Servo 6 DoFby Animatronic . Robotics27,547 views
- 1:06 Lockheed's Bionic Exoskeleton a Super-Human Realityby Bloomberg35,253 views
- 4:34 Custom Roboticsby www.Inspectorbots.com52,671 views
- 3:21 Myoelectric Bebionic 3 bionic handby cnetuk47,316 views
- 6:24 Eythor Bender demos human exoskeletonsby TED105,498 views
- 2:14 Bell 407AH Helicopter Unveiledby AVweb38,662 views
- 2:53 Man Controls Robotic Hand with Mindby Discovery1,106,673 views