Ekso Bionics Introduces a Bionic Exoskeleton
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 27, 2011
Ekso is a wearable robot or exoskeleton that powers people with lower extremity paralysis or weakness to get them standing up and walking. It is a battery powered, bionic device that is strapped over the user's clothing. The combination of motors and sensors, along with patient assist with balance and body position, allow the user to walk over ground with reciprocal gait.
As experience user/patient can transfer to/from their wheelchair and don or doff the Ekso in less than 5 minutes. The torso and leg straps are designed for the user/patient to easily get in and out of the device either on their own or with minimal assistance.
We have begun selling Ekso our bionic exoskeleton into the leading spinal cord centers across the United States. Understanding that each spinal cord rehabilitation center has a different infrastructure that will drive the robotic device's utilization, some potential areas of usage for both spinal cord injury patients and other with mobility limitations are for incomplete SCI patients: exercise and wellness, research, gait training and preparation for the personal exoskeleton that will be coming out late 2014. Other potential areas of usage are neurological disorders such as Guillain Barre, MS, ALS, and other diagnosis may benefit from gait training with Ekso if all inclusion criteria are met.
Ekso offers a wide variety of research opportunities with SCI and other diagnostic groups. Ekso Personal will be available late 2014 only through certified Ekso Centers that will have the ability to prescribe units to patients appropriate for the exoskeleton device.
Ekso Bionics is committed to applying the latest technology and engineering to help people rethink current physical limitations and achieve the remarkable. Originally Berkeley Bionics, Ekso Bionics was founded in Berkeley, California in 2005. Since inception Ekso Bionics has forged partnerships with world-class institutions like UC Berkeley, received research grants from the Department of Defense and licensed the HULC™ technology to the Lockheed Martin Corporation. Today Ekso Bionics continues to pioneer the field of exoskeletons, designing and creating some of the most forward-thinking and innovative solutions for people looking to augment human mobility and capability.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:50 Robot suit HALالبدلة الآلية تمكنك من رفع الاوزان الثقيلة جداby mr2000jpFeatured 352,910
- 7:04 The bionic man, and what he tells us about the future of being humanby Channel4News 123,323 views
- 2:46 Creepily realistic robot can hold conversations and answer questionsby djbadboyrican 2,720,604 views
- 1:52 Raytheon XOS Exoskeletonby BoundForOuterSpace 37,073 views
- 1:16 Claudia Mitchell Operates a Bionic Arm with her Brain at RIC (no sound)by AbilityRIC 412,030 views
- 4:39 Paraplegic Floor Transferby blackpearlv6 54,968 views
- 1:36 Hal, the new Robotsuitby Joël Legendre 813,024 views
- 2:42 VI-Bot Final Active Exoskeletonby Uk Dfki 13,242 views
- 5:06 Ekso Bionics' Suit August 2012 Upgradeby Ekso Bionics 27,176 views
- 2:16 Animatronic Robotic Human Robotic Hands Servo 6 DoFby Animatronic . Robotics 16,155 views
- 3:24 Lockheed Martin's HULC exoskeletonby theworacle 13,623 views
- 2:03 Hercule exosquelette à la françaiseby lerenifleur 7,448 views
- 3:23 bebionic3 grip pattern video.movby BeBionicUK 50,720 views
- 1:37 Sarcos Raytheon exosquelette américainby lerenifleur 7,817 views
- 5:37 Berkeley Bionics: Introducing eLEGSby berkeleybionics 784,280 views
- 4:13 Alan "Hammer" Bloore walks for first time in 4.5 yearsby jwirth66 20,085 views
- 2:22 The Sarcos Robotby cmurobotics 1,130,662 views
- 3:01 PERCRO - Whole body exoskeleton for human power augmentation (Body Extender)by FabioSalsedo 24,394 views
- 2:20 Our Wedding Day -- A Dream Come Trueby Jason Gieser 4,580 views
- 21:28 The 60 Year History of Raytheon's Standard Missile Familyby raytheoncompany 1,560 views
- Loading more suggestions...