Playing two guitars together and vocal loops- Ash Mandrake
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 16, 2009
The lower guitar is a hybrid cross between a partially defretted baritone and a 12 string. It has 10 strings and runs from 'A' seven frets below a normal guitar bass 'E' and 'A' five frets above a normal guitar high 'E'. It has a piezo under the bridge and Seymore Duncan Bass pickups.The top guitar is a normal 6 string electric, with aged recondiitoned Dimartzio pickups. Both pairs of pickups are set up as humbuckers.
Ash plays both guitars at the same time and slips in a vocal loop (using a Boss RC-20XL Loop Station) half way through using the mic which is also attached to the guitar.
Ash started experimenting with playing both necks at the same time after hearing somebody had been playing two at the same time in Glastonbury Festival. That person was Rodney Branigan (check him out on youtube)
Ash Mandrake did a UK tour (Wales, The Midlands and the South of England) from Sept to Jan of 2008. He is currently in the studio recording his first album, and will back out on the road again in March. He'll be pushing into new territory (still in the UK) throughout 2009.
His act is about entertainment; about the music, the double neck guitar, the hats, the stories and the use of loop machines.
The music featured in this video is part of a song called "Rolling Down Hill To The Bright Summer Sun". It's is a cellebration of the rising sun, and The Vernal Equinox.
You can find out more about Ash by visiting http://myspace.com/ashmandrake
And there are details about that double necked guitar at http://myspace.com/ashmandrake16
He makes his own hats, and you can find out about the hat featured in this video and others at:
Thanks to Ian Clutterbuck (www.fieldov.com) for his wonderful filming and editing. This is the sixth time Ash and Ian have collaberated on a project.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:19 STEVIE RAY & JIMMY VAUGHAN "PIPELINE" ON A DOUBLE NECK!by E-SATZ 611,397 views
- 1:44 Joe Bonamassa Talks About His Baritone Double Neck Guitarby All Access Guitar Community 6,453 views
- 11:57 Rush (cover) Xanadu - 4080 Bass / guitar, minimoog, Taurus IIIby miamigroove's channel 48,602 views
- 8:52 Ash Mandrake: An Introductionby ashmandrake 1,539 views
- 4:54 MR.BIG 2009 - Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan double neck solo - Live at Trainby andersson90 87,755 views
- 3:54 DOUBLE NECK Guitar Bass & 6 String makingby Artur Kaleta 12,182 views
- 7:48 Custom Guitar buildby jakeprid 39,594 views
- 1:48 10-string Guitarist Perfecto De Castro performs "Cançó trista (l'àvia) "by Perfecto De Castro 10,091 views
- 5:26 Doubleneck Guitar HSDBL-2by sardinas5150 46,191 views
- 8:01 Reggie Watts- Deconstructionby Tiffany Hazelwood 40,645 views
- 2:18 Don Mock GIT Concert on double-neck guitar-synthby Zephyrmaylea 18,068 views
- 6:53 BOSS RC-20XLby Tom Auch 8,560 views
- 2:56 Ferocious doubleneck bass and guitar loopingby stratslider 4,320 views
- 2:51 Electric Guitar Loop Sampler Stuffby Luke Simpson 19,919 views
- 1:47 Dresden 13 string guitar tuned in Dminor. Weiss Fantasy, played by Michael Thamesby Michael Thames 11,186 views
- 5:33 Top Guitar Secrets REVEALED! - Economy Picking (the secret to smooth playing)by PitchfeverAcademy's channel 49,964 views
- 5:39 Ash Mandrake plays Vincentby Folk at the Oak 588 views
- 4:46 The Rain Song Led Zeppelin 12 string electric guitarby fosgood 71,978 views
- 3:22 Ash Mandrake Solo: Shine On You Crazy (Cover)by Ash Mandrake Solo 3,980 views
- 3:40 Ash Mandrake - Unchained Melodyby jongleur102 506 views
- Loading more suggestions...