Recorded Webcast: A Semantic Platform for Tracking Entities in Real Time
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 13, 2012
As presented at Semtech SF, NY, and London
Having engaged several Fortune 500 companies with projects to develop Semantic Technology solutions we have identified several consistent requirements that have become the foundation for successful deployments of Semantic Technologies.
The overarching pattern that we see in these companies can best be described as real time entity tracking in order to perform real time business analytics. Typical entities are students, telephone customers, credit cards or insurance policies.
We identified and built out four components as the basis of our Semantic Technology Projects. Component one is an ETL system that takes data from various input streams and transforms the data into events, encoded as RDF triples, that go into a publish subscribe queue. To facilitate this we created a number of plugins for the open source ETL tool Talend to provide an R2RML mapping from data into triples. The second component is a forward chaining/backward chaining rule system that takes events out of the queue and combines it with the already existing knowledge about a particular entity and generates new knowledge. For some applications we see more than 10,000 triples per entity. Rules need to be able to deal with a new event in a fraction of a second. The third component is a machine learning component that is trained to generate predictions based on the features of a particular entity (for example: what is the customer going to call about when calling the call center). These predictions are again coded as individual triples. Finally, the fourth component is a reporting system that allows us to do real time analysis over all existing entities.
Standard YouTube License
- 23:52 The Semantic Web - An Overviewby Peter WebExplorationsFeatured 22,093
- 26:43 Big Data, Fast Data, and Complex Data - Defining and Overcoming Challengesby AllegroGraph 1,007 views
- 10:01 MongoGraph - MongoDB Meets the Semantic Web Demoby AllegroGraph 1,147 views
- 41:44 How to Use Graph Databases to Analyze Relationships, Risks and Business Opportunitiesby AllegroGraph 280 views
- 5:38 AllegroGraph Relational Data Integration R2RML Graph Generation using Talendby AllegroGraph 186 views
- 1:10:21 Scaling the Semantic Wall with AllegroGraph and TopBraid Composerby AllegroGraph No views
- 39:56 Strata New York 2011 - Entities, Relationships, and Semantics: the State of Structured Searchby Daniel Tunkelang 1,065 views
- 53:04 Squash:Peter Nicol v David Palmer :Squash Gold Medal Match Commonwealth Games 2006by Davisfitnessblog 271,603 views
- 14:30 Java Value and Reference Semanticsby CSHelene 465 views
- 10:05 Common Lisp Tutorial - (1) Installing SBCLby inzanozulu 7,024 views
- 12:09 Sustaining social change: Warren Nilsson at TEDxCapeTownby TEDxTalks 291 views
- 8:10 Rules and Semantic Web - Part 1by Michel Dufresne 19,306 views
- 3:28 Lindsay's Lessons - Entity Trackingby BadgePass 140 views
- 1:06:08 The Semantic Web - Nigel Shadboltby USCAnnenberg 2,485 views
- 3:01 Web 3.0: Semantic Webby Wanda J. Barreto 6,356 views
- 9:42 Rules and Semantic Web - Part 3by Michel Dufresne 5,259 views
- 49:45 Learn About Semantic Web and its Benefits (pt. 1)by UserGroupsatGoogle 1,239 views
- 8:16 Rules and Semantic Web - Part 2by Michel Dufresne 6,219 views
- 57:48 Generating and Querying Semantic Metadata and Ontologiesby GoogleTalksArchive 110 views
- 8:24 The Semantic Web of Data Tim Berners-Leeby dilshod2006 20,998 views
- Loading more suggestions...