Uploaded on Oct 6, 2011
THE NEW SCHOOL FOR PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT | http://www.newschool.edu/public-engag...
Cuomo and the Media: Managing the Message
Governor Andrew Cuomo has kept a tight rein on his public image and his administration's agenda. His strategic successes in the legislature have been substantial, but critics say the popular governor is proving to be no great advocate of transparency in the executive branch. How has the governor sold his agenda to the legislature, the people, and the mass media? What is his relationship with the press corps?
Click here to watch the event video.
A conversation with:
- Wayne Barrett, investigative reporter and fellow at The Nation Institute
- Liz Benjamin, host, Capital Tonight, YNN
- Nicholas Confessore, reporter for The New York Times
- Karen DeWitt, Capitol bureau chief, New York State Public Radio
- Steve Greenberg, pollster, Siena Research Institute
Presented by the Center for New York City Affairs.
Center for New York City Affairs | http://newschool.edu/milano/nycaffairs
Supported by the Sirus Fund and the Milano Foundation.
MILANO SCHOOL | http://www.newschool.edu/milano/
*Location: Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, Arnhold Hall, 55 West 13th Street, 2nd floor - Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.