Strata 2012: Avinash Kaushik, "A Big Data Imperative: Driving Big Action"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 7, 2012
So you've hoarded the world's data within your enterprise. Now what? Author and digital marketing evangelist Avinash Kaushik shares lessons from the nascent world of Web Analytics on how multiplicity, scale and outsourcing powers a data democracy, and how that in turn drives business action.
Avinash Kaushik is the co-Founder of Market Motive Inc and the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google. His prior professional experience includes key roles at Intuit, DirecTV, Silicon Graphics in the US & DHL in Saudi Arabia.
Through his blog, Occam's Razor, and his best selling books, Web Analytics: An Hour A Day and Web Analytics 2.0, Avinash has become recognized as an authoritative voice on how marketers, executives teams and industry leaders can leverage data to fundamentally reinvent their digital existence.
Avinash puts a common sense framework around the often frenetic world of web analytics and combines that with the philosophy that investing in talented analysts is the key to long-term success. He passionately advocates customer centricity and leveraging bleeding edge competitive intelligence techniques.
Avinash has received rave reviews for bringing his energetic, inspiring, and practical insights to companies like Unilever, Dell, Time Warner, Vanguard, Porsche, and IBM. He has delivered keynotes at a variety of global conferences, including Ad-Tech, Monaco Media Forum, Search Engine Strategies, JMP Innovators' Summit, The Art of Marketing and Web 2.0.
Acting on his passion for teaching Avinash has lectured at major universities such as Stanford University, University of Virginia, University of California -- Los Angeles and University of Utah.
Avinash received the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association, and the 2011 Most Influential Industry Contributor award from the Web Analytics Association.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Strata SC 2012
- 34:08 Encounter With Ravi Prakash - Vallabhaneni Vamsiby TV9 Telugu News ChannelFeatured 27,388
- 15:23 Strata 2012: Ben Goldacre "The Information Architecture of Medicine is Broken"by O'Reilly Media 5,644 views
- 3:03 Strata 2012: All Access Video Compilationby OreillyMedia 540 views
- 10:30 Strata 2012: Abhishek Mehta, "Decoding the Great American ZIP myth"by O'Reilly Media 974 views
- 1:14:32 Big Data in Real Timeby LinkedIn Tech Talks 19,313 views
- 195 videos Play all BigData - Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HBaseby naveennoelj
- 13:46 TEDxUofM - Jameson Toole - Big Data for Tomorrowby TEDxTalks 14,789 views
- 1:02:00 Realtime Analytics for Big Data: A Facebook Case Studyby MarakanaTechTV 12,851 views
- 58:47 Leaders in Big Databy GoogleTechTalks 13,030 views
- 49:00 Python in Big Databy Marakana TechTV 15,425 views
- 28:38 Why Big Data? Why Now?by IBM InfoSphere Channel 5,733 views
- 17:46 What is Big Data? Part 1by IBM Big Data 25,203 views
- 21:22 Sohaib Abbasi Big Data Presentationby InformaticaCorp 6,277 views
- 1:16 What is big data?by EconomistMagazine 7,578 views
- 7:21 Big data, new physicsby The Economist 2,167 views
- 3:04 Big Data Episode 1: Overview for the Bossby Oracle 14,097 views
- 1:29:47 12.7.11 The Big Data Effectby ChurchillClub 4,519 views
- 22:50 Big Data Index and Search Part 1by ibmbigdata 832 views
- 16:38 What is Big Data? Part 2by IBM Big Data 8,874 views
- 11:36 Big Ideas: EMC and Big Data - explained in a fun and easy way.by Chad Sakac 17,110 views
- 10:35 Anthropologist for Intel describes Big Data as a personby UBM Tech TV 915 views
- Loading more suggestions...