This video is unavailable.
Strata 2012: Avinash Kaushik, "A Big Data Imperative: Driving Big Action"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 7, 2012
So you've hoarded the world's data within your enterprise. Now what? Author and digital marketing evangelist Avinash Kaushik shares lessons from the nascent world of Web Analytics on how multiplicity, scale and outsourcing powers a data democracy, and how that in turn drives business action.
Avinash Kaushik is the co-Founder of Market Motive Inc and the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google. His prior professional experience includes key roles at Intuit, DirecTV, Silicon Graphics in the US & DHL in Saudi Arabia.
Through his blog, Occam's Razor, and his best selling books, Web Analytics: An Hour A Day and Web Analytics 2.0, Avinash has become recognized as an authoritative voice on how marketers, executives teams and industry leaders can leverage data to fundamentally reinvent their digital existence.
Avinash puts a common sense framework around the often frenetic world of web analytics and combines that with the philosophy that investing in talented analysts is the key to long-term success. He passionately advocates customer centricity and leveraging bleeding edge competitive intelligence techniques.
Avinash has received rave reviews for bringing his energetic, inspiring, and practical insights to companies like Unilever, Dell, Time Warner, Vanguard, Porsche, and IBM. He has delivered keynotes at a variety of global conferences, including Ad-Tech, Monaco Media Forum, Search Engine Strategies, JMP Innovators' Summit, The Art of Marketing and Web 2.0.
Acting on his passion for teaching Avinash has lectured at major universities such as Stanford University, University of Virginia, University of California -- Los Angeles and University of Utah.
Avinash received the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association, and the 2011 Most Influential Industry Contributor award from the Web Analytics Association.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Strata SC 2012
- 1:16 What is big data?by EconomistMagazineFeatured 8,746
- 15:23 Strata 2012: Ben Goldacre "The Information Architecture of Medicine is Broken"by OreillyMedia 5,711 views
- 3:03 Strata 2012: All Access Video Compilationby OreillyMedia 589 views
- 17:36 Strata New York 2011: John Rauser, "What is a Career in Big Data?"by OreillyMedia 16,332 views
- 56:34 Machine Learning: The Basics, with Ron Bekkermanby LinkedInTechTalks 11,020 views
- 36:18 Karthik Ranganathan Hadoop Summit 2011 Facebook Messages Infrastructure with Q&Aby ydntheater 13,505 views
- 28:18 Tim O'Reilly - Strata Conference 2012 - theCUBEby siliconangle 1,824 views
- 8:33 Explaining Big Databy explainingcomputers 52,789 views
- 1:14:32 Big Data in Real Timeby LinkedInTechTalks 19,711 views
- 1:10:12 Successful Web Analytics Approaches by Avinash Kaushikby Google 52,148 views
- 1:02:00 Realtime Analytics for Big Data: A Facebook Case Studyby MarakanaTechTV 14,042 views
- 37:03 Google Analytics Visits Change: Impact, Implications, Benefitsby MarketMotive 7,640 views
- 25 videos Play all Web Analytics TVby googleanalytics
- 26:06 IBM's Big Data Strategyby ibmbigdata 7,233 views
- 1:29:47 12.7.11 The Big Data Effectby ChurchillClub 4,519 views
- 49:00 Python in Big Databy MarakanaTechTV 16,243 views
- 28:38 Why Big Data? Why Now?by IBMinfosphere 5,779 views
- 3:06 Big Data Analytics: Answers from Big Databy AnswersfromBigData 17,000 views
- 1:03:07 Big Data Analytics: The Revolution Has Just Begunby SASsoftware 17,497 views
- 16:38 What is Big Data? Part 2by ibmbigdata 9,301 views
- 7:21 Big data, new physicsby EconomistMagazine 2,439 views
- Loading more suggestions...