@Google Presents: Daniel Kahneman
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011
@Google Talks is proud to welcome hero of psychology, Daniel Kahneman.
Daniel Kahneman, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his seminal work in psychology that challenged the rational model of judgment and decision making, is one of our most important thinkers. His ideas have had a profound and widely regarded impact on many fields—including economics, medicine, and politics—but until now, he has never brought together his many years of research and thinking in one book.
In the highly anticipated Thinking, Fast and Slow, Kahneman takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. Kahneman exposes the extraordinary capabilities—and also the faults and biases—of fast thinking, and reveals the pervasive influence of intuitive impressions on our thoughts and behavior. The impact of loss aversion and overconfidence on corporate strategies, the difficulties of predicting what will make us happy in the future, the challenges of properly framing risks at work and at home, the profound effect of cognitive biases on everything from playing the stock market to planning the next vacation—each of these can be understood only by knowing how the two systems work together to shape our judgments and decisions.
Engaging the reader in a lively conversation about how we think, Kahneman reveals where we can and cannot trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking. He offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and our personal lives—and how we can use different techniques to guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble. Thinking, Fast and Slow will transform the way you think about thinking.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:29:53 Einstein [History Channel]by AlternativeNews4UFeatured 266,618
- 1:12:38 Authors@Google: Neil deGrasse Tysonby Talks at Google 220,962 views
- 1:03:54 Leading@Google: Deepak Chopraby AtGoogleTalks 51,330 views
- 55:40 Authors@Google Presents: Nassim Nicholas Talebby Talks at Google 22,623 views
- 57:19 @Google: Lawrence Lessig: Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress—and a Plan to Stop Itby Talks at Google 58,130 views
- 28 videos Play all Mindfulness and Awarenessby Sekkazan
- 20:37 Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memoryby TEDTalks 188,453 views
- 1:19:58 Daniel Kahneman talks about his book "Thinking, Fast and Slow"by ratemybookscom 2,630 views
- 1:12:05 Mindfulness with Jon Kabat-Zinnby Google 1,731,774 views
- 1:04:07 The Paradox of Choice - Why More Is Lessby Google 72,922 views
- 23:21 Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memory, Best Brain Supplementsby Excelerol The Official Page 3,457 views
- 1:18:04 11. Behavioral Finance and the Role of Psychologyby YaleCourses 5,890 views
- 58:46 Michio Kaku - Time: 4 - Cosmic Timeby Muon Ray 169,450 views
- 21:02 Dan Ariely: Adaptive Responsesby poptech 9,026 views
- 2:38 How Your Mind Works, with Daniel Kahneman (author of Thinking, Fast and Slow)by farrarstrausgiroux 2,882 views
- 53:21 Conversations with History: Daniel Kahnemanby UCtelevision 31,657 views
- 26:14 Malcolm Gladwell - Blink - full showby AllanGregg 103,715 views
- 1:17:12 Authors@Google: Slavoj Žižekby AtGoogleTalks 144,364 views
- 43:49 Leading@Google: Susan Cainby Talks at Google 43,320 views
- 29:34 Daniel Kahneman - Two Systems of the Mindby americanacad 1,980 views
- 52:11 Authors@Google: Dr. John Medinaby AtGoogleTalks 83,988 views
- Loading more suggestions...