Moskova Trials Highlights — Quiksilver Pro, Gold Coast
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 24, 2012
Byron Bay's Garrett Parkes has booked himself a Quiksilver Pro Round 1 heat against 11-time World Champion Kelly Slater (USA) and gun rookie Kolohe Andino (USA). In a low-scoring final, Parkes scored 12.75 to defeat Cristobel De Col (PER), Noah Lane (AUS) and Alain Riou (PYF).
Parkes' inclusion in the main draw is just reward for his heartbreaking loss to Brazil's Caio Ibelli for the ASP World Junior Championship on the Gold Coast in January. The two finished on equal points and were forced into a "surf-off" with Ibelli prevailing.
"It was really tough out there today," Parkes, 20, said. "I don't think a wave came through for the whole second half of the heat so I was lucky to get two scores at the start and knew if I kept paddling and kept the inside I should be right and that's what I did.
"I didn't think about it (surfing against Slater) until then, but it should be good fun. I've surfed The Pass a lot at home so I've had plenty of practice on righthand sand banks."
Philippa Anderson from Newcastle won the women's trial and will meet defending World Champion and Roxy Pro event champion Carissa Moore in the opening round. Anderson dominated the final to score 15.75 to finish well clear of Winni Paul (NZL), Joanne Defay (Fra) and fellow Australian Dimity Stoyle.
"No words can describe this," Anderson, 20, said. "I have been in the trials for three years now and I've always bombed in the first heat.
"To be surfing at Snapper and to get the opportunity from Roxy and now I'm surfing against Carissa Moore. I'm so thankful. I didn't think when I woke up this morning that I would get first."
Four-time World Champion Lisa Andersen failed in her competitive return losing to Anderson and Stoyle in the first round.
Andersen, 42, won four consecutive World Titles from 1994-97, and was making a competitive return for the first time in six years.
The main event is scheduled to start tomorrow with a promising swell forecast.
Both the Quiksilver Pro and Roxy Pro events will be webcast live on QuiksilverPro.com.au, RoxyPro.com.au, Youtube, Facebook and the Quiksilver iPhone app as well as exclusively telecast on Fuel TV. For all the action, interaction, heat alerts, competitions and the latest information visit quiksilverpro.com.au or roxypro.com.au.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:12 Round One Highlights — Quiksilver Pro, Gold Coastby Quiksilver114,976 views
- 4:52 Round Two Highlights — Quiksilver Pro, Gold Coastby Quiksilver67,223 views
- 4:57 Round 4 & 5 — Quiksilver Pro Gold Coastby Quiksilver85,867 views
- 4:48 FINALS HIGHLIGHTS - Quiksilver Pro New Yorkby Quiksilver43,315 views
- 27:26 2011 Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast - Snack Packby Quiksilver33,250 views
- 15:13 Quiksilver Moments 2 - Full Movieby Quiksilver343,746 views
- 4:00 Quik Pro NY HOD - K. Slater, T. Burrow - Semi Final H1by Quiksilver29,909 views
- 4:53 Round 3 Highlights — Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast 2012by Quiksilver40,944 views
- 5:59 Ramon Navarro's Weekly Ceremonial Report #1by Quiksilver10,329 views
- 4:16 Quiksilver Skate in visionby Quiksilver56,697 views
- 17:59 Quiksilver Pro New York Snack Packby Quiksilver158,836 views
- 1:54 Dane Reynolds Moments - 2012by Quiksilver107,735 views
- 4:37 The 2010 Quiksilver Surf Team on the Gold Coastby Quiksilver92,057 views
- 2:56 Jeremy Flores Moments - 2012by Quiksilver102,746 views
- 2:27 Corona Expression Session — Quiksilver Pro Gold Coastby Quiksilver13,094 views
- 13:58 Cypher Vision - A Short Filmby Quiksilver448,331 views
- 25:59 TAKE IT EASY - A Full Length Snowboarding Movieby Quiksilver39,865 views
- 22:01 Quiksilver Pro France 2012 - The Storyby Quiksilver250,419 views
- 1:41 Kelly Slater Moments - 2012 - Fijiby Quiksilver267,483 views
- 3:04 Quiksilver Camp - California Groms 2012by Quiksilver18,399 views