Bear McCreary spielt "Caprica"-Theme in Hagen
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 2, 2009
Bear McCreary gibt den Usern der Webseite Caprica-City.de einen exklusiven Vorgeschmack auf die Titelmelodie von "Caprica".
Besucht http://www.caprica-city.de. Dort findet ihr zahllose Informationen über "Caprica", "Battlestar Galactica" und Bear McCreary.
Here you'll see an exclusive preview of "Caprica"s main theme. Bear was nice enough to play it for our readers, the users of caprica-city.de.
Visit http://www.caprica-city.de for more information on "Caprica", "Batlestar Galactica" and Bear McCreary.
Here's what Bear had to say about his music for "Caprica". Please visit Caprica-City.de for our complete interview:
Bear McCreary: "Battlestar", you have to remember, musically started out very simple. There were no character themes, in fact I was told not to have character themes. "Caprica" is very different because at this point, the producers know me well and they are more open to ideas. The score to "Caprica" in general is simpler, much more western. It's much more classical. I think I wanted to do something different and ultimately I was faced with this question, what is different than "Battlestar Galactica"?
Well, in "Battlestar Galactica" there is a lot of ethnic music, it's music from every continent, with instruments from throughout human history. It covered a lot of bases. What could I possibly use on "Caprica" that I haven't used on "Battlestar"? That's when it occurred to me, the way to make "Caprica" different is to make it more normal, really. "Caprica" should not sound so weird, more like what we are used to hear in film and TV.
And there's also a benefit to that. "Caprica" takes place before the apocalypse, not afterwards. In many ways, this event in the "Battlestar" miniseries, it kind of hits the reset switch. We've gone from this society to this rag tag fleet. The tribal drums and this ethnic instruments felt very appropriate. "Caprica" is very different, our society is refined and polished and the infrastructure exists. It's totally different. The music is more baroque, almost. It's not actually baroque in style, but it feels more constructed and more western, more symphonic. It felt appropriate.
And then, of course, this also gives me a place to go because should the series live on for multiple seasons, we know how it ends, where the series goes. The neat thing is, it gives me the opportunity to slowly evolve the score so that it becomes more like "Battlestar" the closer we get to the nuclear holocaust it ends with, or presumably ends with.
So I think people will hear that it sounds very different. There are also some musical nods to "Battlestar". I think people will recognize that it's me writing it. But as you can hear from that little snippet, it is a sad tone. It's also very lyrical like the piece that I just played to you. In "Caprica" I'm much more direct than in "Battlestar". The emotions are, at least in the beginning, more direct, a little more obvious, simpler.
Tonally the show is quite similar to "Battlestar". The characters are very dark, very conflicted and so it's the music that's a little different. More traditionally actually. I think people assume that I'm "Mr. Taiko Drum" will be surprised. I mean, I don't find it surprising because when you watch "Battlestar Galactica" carefully, you'll hear that there's a lot of very different orchestral inspired pieces in there. But I think a lot of people that assume that I just do taiko drum battle music are going to be surprised. We'll see.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:06 Battlestar Galactica Orchestra Live at Grand Performancesby Opera House25,542 views
- 42:54 Battlestar Galactica: The Promised Land (FINAL VERSION)by battlestar1999419,352 views
- 10:07 Battlestar Galactica EPIC Battle Montageby RubberDuck3h224,662 views
- 8:36 Bear McCreary - Admiral & Commander Suiteby DeFruunslued20118,572 views
- 6:38 [Caprica Series OST] Apotheosisby Michael Leber2,416 views
- 6:12 Battlestar Galactica Bear McCreary plays with Katee Sackhoff "All Along The Watchtower" Liveby filmsinfocus309,122 views
- 27 videos Play all movie_scoresby poxiyuan
- 4:40 [Caprica Series OST] The Differently Sentientby Michael Leber2,211 views
- 5:58 BSG Orchestra - Apocalypse (Live)by bezner72141,973 views
- 6:03 Bear McCreary - Something Dark Is Coming - Solo Pianoby Bear McCreary, Composer71,541 views
- 4:26 Alessandra Torresani Talks Capricaby AttackOfTheShow26,796 views
- 8:31 Bear McCreary - Prelude to War - Solo Pianoby Bear McCreary, Composer183,957 views
- 1:18 The Soup: "Caprica" Cutieby WatchTheSoup60,618 views
- 0:46 Caprica Introby DarthOxillious119,425 views
- 2:57 "Battlestar Galactica" Final Scene (HD)by Elad Avron212,542 views
- 7:38 Alessandra Torresani Talks Tech, and Her Role in Capricaby thedigitallifestyle49,064 views
- 5:51 Bear McCreary - Passacaglia - Solo Pianoby Bear McCreary, Composer44,404 views
- 5:20 Bear McCreary - Wander My Friends - Solo Pianoby Bear McCreary, Composer34,854 views
- 1:09 Battlestar Galactica: The First Cylon War Intro (Fan-Made)by darthatton92,108 views
- 4:55 Passacaglia by Bear McCreary (from Battlestar Galactica)by Daniel Rusek3,687 views