OncoLink and LIVESTRONG Care Plan -- Online Cancer Resources
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 9, 2011
James Metz, MD, the clinical director of radiation oncology at Penn Medicine, is also the editor-in-chief of OncoLink. Dr. Metz discusses OncoLink and the LIVESTRONG Care Plan and how they are valuable online resources for cancer patients, health care providers, etc.
Visit the OncoLink website:
Learn more about the LIVESTRONG Care Plan:
"At Penn Medicine, we have a very valuable resource on the internet and that's called OncoLink. It's really a tremendous resource that's been built up over the years."
"We actually have over 75,000 documents online that we manage. This information is at every level; from the patient who really doesn't know medical terminology very well, all the way through the expert physician."
"There's about 20% of our users are international. The information's also in Spanish for our Spanish speaking patients."
"It goes through from the diagnosis and screening through treatment, all the way through follow-up care and survivorship. It really has all the information, all the gamut of information that you need to help you through your disease process. And it really is a wonderful resource of Penn Medicine to help you through the cancer experience."
"Well, we've developed a plan, called the LIVESTRONG Care plan and our partnership with the Lance Armstrong Foundation that allows patients or health care providers to input basic demographic information about themselves; their age, their diagnosis, what treatments they've received and this automatically spits out a 7 to 8 page care plan for the rest of their life that deals with things like fertility issues, heart issues, lung issues, follow-up issues or general health issues."
"So they have a plan to take their primary care physician or they have a map, a road map, for the rest of their life."
Standard YouTube License
- 49:50 Clinical Dietician Specialist Discusses Nutrition, Herbs and Supplementsby pennmedicine 322 views
- 12:23 Breast Cancer Treatment (part 1 of 3) at Penn Medicineby pennmedicine 293 views
- 7:04 New Hope for Lung Cancer Patientsby Penn Medicine 833 views
- 1:51:43 2011 Focus On Lung Cancer -- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Early Stage/Stage 1 and 2 (Part 2 of 7)by pennmedicine 238 views
- 1:13:40 Cancer: The Forbidden Curesby chich234 89,840 views
- 10:36 EMTB Practical Skill Review - 04 - Medical Patient Assessment and Managmentby Matthew Archibald 92,122 views
- 9:58 Ulcerative Colitisby PPTS Alumni Association, Inc. 33,574 views
- 22:21 My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiechby soulpancake 242,980 views
- 4:55 Which Fruit Fights Cancer Better?by Dr. Greger: NutritionFacts.Org 20,030 views
- 14:59 Heart Disease Prevention (Part 1)by UMMCVideos 27,232 views
- 1:34:43 2011 Focus On Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Advanced/Stage IV (Part 4 of 7)by Penn Medicine 601 views
- 5:27 Genetically Modified T Cells Obliterate Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Tumorsby pennmedicine 4,367 views
- 1:03:19 Penn Medicine Advances: Preventing and Curing Cancerby pennmedicine 69 views
- 5:46 Lance Armstrong on Telling His Son the Truth - Oprah's Next Chapter - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network 389,610 views
- 1:24 Lung Cancer Survivor Story -- Donna Lee Listaby pennmedicine 3,271 views
- 1:28:48 2011 Focus On Lung Cancer - Non-small cell lung cancer - Locally Advanced & Stage III (Part 3 of 7)by Penn Medicine 397 views
- 1:51:44 2011 Focus On Lung Cancer - Integrative Medicine, Wellness Cases & Survivor Stories (Part 7 of 7)by Penn Medicine 332 views
- 1:09:15 2011 Focus On Lung Cancer -- Small Cell Lung Cancer (Part 5 of 7)by pennmedicine 615 views
- 2:31 WHYY Highlights The Philadelphia Antiques Show's 50th Celebrationby philaantiques 709 views
- 9:38 An Expert's Perspective on Prostate Cancer Newsby pennmedicine 375 views
- Loading more suggestions...