Jim Rogers - Moving to Asia Would Be Brilliant
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 14, 2011
For the latest Jim Rogers, go to http://JimRogersBlog.com -
Asia is the wave of the future. Moving to Britain in 1807 was brilliant. Moving to the United States in 1907 was brilliant, and it would be brilliant now to move to Asia. Historically, all the action moves to where the creditor nations lie rather than to the debtor nations. There has never been a country in greater debt to the rest of the world than the United States is now. It has never worked in the past and it won't work now. The Japanese spent a lot of money in the 1990s, and they had the lost decade. Bridges and highways were built to nowhere, and they never let the system clean itself out.
The consensus in Washington DC is that spending and borrowing will solve the problems of borrowing and spending. But there are other people who think that saving and investing is the way to go. Governments take the money from the competent and give it to the incompetent so that the incompetent can keep competing with the competent with the competents' money.
The United States is already talking about taxing capital. They are talking about protectionism. These are the same mistakes that led to the Great Depression. It is happening again. The mistakes that Gordon Brown could lead to a worldwide depression.
The sterling is finished, and the British press went crazy with it. It was only an offhand comment. There is nothing that the UK has to sell enough of to pull themselves out of this mess. The UK already has huge trade deficits, and it is only going to get worse.
The rules of economics are always the same. In the short term, people think that the rules don't apply because they are in a bubble. But then everyone finds out that the emperor has no clothes. The UK has got to adapt, and a lot of people have got to go bankrupt, but the government keeps bailing out their friends.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:27 Moving to Asia - What's it like?by M13 Featured 16,826
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real17,297 views
- 23:59 Jim Rogers: Global economic shocks coming in 2013-2014by RT135,754 views
- 8:49 Jim Rogers - Should You Move to Singapore?by thejimrogersblog18,783 views
- 41:22 Mike Maloney: $2,000 or $5,000 Gold is Absurdly Low - Gold Price Will Double the Dowby Greg Hunter53,726 views
- 10:01 Jim Rogers - People Aren't Alert Unless it Mattersby thejimrogersblog2,941 views
- 8:28 Jim Rogers - Farmers Will Be Driving Lamborghinisby thejimrogersblog6,208 views
- 5:59 JIM ROGERS - All FIAT CURRENCY will be WORTHLESS in 2014. Dont SELL GOLD or SILVERby 829speedy70,710 views
- 8:19 Jim Rogers - America is More Communist than Chinaby thejimrogersblog6,585 views
- 6:20 Top 5 Places NOT To Be In A Dollar Collapseby AwaketoTruth165,540 views
- 23:31 Gerald Celente: Total Economic Collapse in Q1 2014by NextNewsNetwork80,087 views
- 45:20 JIM SINCLAIR - The Coming USD COLLAPSE, Future for GOLD PRICE, U.S. DEBT & HYPER INFLATIONby 829speedy3,931 views
- 6:21 2013 - Ron Paul Exposes Obama Martial Law Plans!!!by Top10GamingOfficial385,045 views
- 3:07 Jim Rogers - Which Currency is a Safe Haven?by thejimrogersblog3,692 views
- 2:26 Jim Rogers - 20 Year Bull Market for Commoditiesby thejimrogersblog1,025 views
- 14:36 THEY Are Going To Confiscate YOUR Silver!!!by TruthNeverTold61,336 views
- 9:48 Jim Rogers - Buy Chinese Stocks for Your Childrenby thejimrogersblog1,588 views
- 2:27 Jim Rogers On What The US Economy Will Look Like In 5 Yearsby hudsonunionsociety3,380 views
- 8:04 Jim Rogers - Governments Are Destroying Their Currenciesby thejimrogersblog1,160 views
- 10:38 Economic Collapse March 2014!! (Derivative Meltdown for the New World Order)by Michael turksma182,500 views
- Loading more suggestions...