Dengue Fever - Seeing Hands
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 7, 2008
Cambodian pop band Dengue Fever (www.myspace.com/denguefevermusic), announced today that they will release "Venus On Earth", their eagerly anticipated third full-length CD on January 22, 2008 from M80 Music. "Venus On Earth" features eleven new original tracks and will be distributed through Allegro/NAIL (http://www.naildistribution.com/).
Dengue Fever will premier music from "Venus On Earth" at Womex (www.womex.com), the worlds largest professional Music Conference, Trade Fair and Showcase for World, Roots, Folk, Ethnic, Traditional, Alternative World, Local and Diaspora Music in Seville, Spain on Saturday October 27, 2007 at 11:30pm at Pavilion 2 on Plaza De Espana. Dengue Fever was selected as one of only 30 bands out of more than 600 applicants to showcase at this once-in-a-lifetime event. Additional live dates in Europe are pending.
Dengue Fever's uncommon pop/world music sound has garnered critical acclaim since "Escape From Dragon House" debuted. In 2005, the editors of online retail giant Amazon named their record 1 International release of the year. In 2006, Mojo (U.K.) named the same album into their Top 5 World Music releases of the year. The New York Times, Associated Press, Pitchfork, Los Angeles Times, BBC, Reuters Television, Spin, NPR and other influential outlets have praised the band's psychedelic Khmer Rock sound. More recently, European outlets such as French magazines Monocle and Chronic'art, the London Observer have extensively covered the band, while Italian Vogue and Song Lines (U.K.) features have been confirmed.
Dengue Fever has spent much of the last two years touring the globe, winning over new fans in the United States , Canada as well as Europe . The band played high profile U.S. festivals Globalfest, Bumbershoot, Halleluwah, Global Union and the Chicago World Music Festival, as well as two European festivals, Sudoeste in Portugal and the Afischa Weekend in Moscow. Upcoming confirmed dates are:
All tracks from "Venus on Earth" were written by Zac Holtzman and Dengue Fever and produced in Los Angeles by Paul Dreux Smith and Dengue Fever. Recording took place at Phase Four studios along with Jim Putnam (Radar Bros.) as well as Pan 3. "Venus" tracks listing is as follows: 1. Seeing Hands, 2. Clipped Wings, 3. Tiger Phone Card, 4. Woman in the Shoes, 5. Sober Driver, 6. Monsoon of Perfume, 7. Integratron, 8. Oceans of Venus, 9. Laugh Track, 10. Tooth and Nail and 11. Mr. Orange.
A documentary on Dengue Fever, entitled "Sleepwalking Through the Mekong" recently screened at the Tucson Film Festival and will be featured opening night at the Margaret Mead Film Festival November 9 th at the Museum of Natural History in New York City . Directed by John Pirozzi ( www.johnpirozzi.com ) "Sleepwalking" chronicles the band's first shows outside the United States in lead singer Chhom Nimol's homeland of Cambodia . It was the first time a Western-based band performed Khmer Rock in Cambodia since Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge took over the country in 1975.
Australian label Laughing Outlaw Records ( www.laughingoutlaw.com.au ) is set to released Dengue Fever's sophomore CD, the critically acclaimed "Escape From Dragon House" on September 29. The band will tour Australia in 2008.
ABOUT DENGUE FEVER
Dengue Fever is lead by Cambodian songstress Ch'hom Nimol, Zac Holtzman (guitar/vocals), Ethan Holtzman (Farfisa), Senon Williams (bass), Paul Smith (drums) and David Ralicke (sax). The band's music has been featured in a number of film and television shows including CITY OF GHOSTS , MUST LOVE DOGS, BROKEN FLOWERS and twice on the hit Showtime's hit series, WEEDS. They are based in Los Angeles , California
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Seeing Hands" on
- 45 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 6:59 Dengue Fever - 1000 Tears of a Tarantula (Live Groupee Session)by groupeedotcomFeatured 39,603
- Dengue Fever 35 videos916
- 6:59 Dengue Fever - Sister In The Radio (Fantasy, 2011)by DocteurSphereNan 32,144 views
- 6:28 Dengue Fever - Uku (Live Acoustic Music Video)by Eric679811 16,781 views
- 10:14 The Best of Cambodian Rock Solo Guitarby narinkhmer 89,594 views
- 3:58 Don't Think I've Forgotten (Cambodia's Lost Rock And Roll)by Nate X 73,202 views
- 114 videos Play all Khmer rap hiphop rock etcby TeukTnotChou
- 3:01 Shave Your Beard - Dengue Feverby Nate X 77,873 views
- 4:15 dengue fever - lost in laosby zvengele 82,593 views
- 2:13 Chhom Nimol sing "Plieur Leoung Batt Sneh" at New Paradise Restaurant in Long Beachby apsaravideo 35,197 views
- 6:23 Dengue Fever - Uku - Glastonbury 2011by whichnamecanihave 10,537 views
- 3:39 Dengue Fever - Family Business [Cannibal Courtship 2011]by alaraco 17,971 views
- 4:05 Dengue Fever - Mr. Orange (Live at Amoeba)by Amoeba Music's Official Channel 11,208 views
- 3:30 Ros Sereysothea: Old Sour And Sweetby johnxxx20000 74,329 views
- 10:26 APA interview with Dengue Feverby Asia Pacific Arts 26,213 views
- 3:32 Dengue Fever - Ocean of Venusby Ricardo Goyanna 16,042 views
- 4:39 Tip My Canoeby tpacklick 12,751 views
- 3:49 Kom Nirk Oun Eiy - Ros Sereysotheaby jeffmagic32 170,438 views
- 6:44 Dengue Fever - One Thousand Tears Of A Tarantulaby itsnotpennysboat 31,114 views
- 5:44 DENGUE FEVER - TIGER PHONE CARD (acoustic)by StephenORegan 69,885 views
- 4:42 Rupa & The April Fishes - L'éléphantby WhiskyArt 67,058 views
- 2:44 dengue feverby selenafilan 219,948 views
- Loading more suggestions...