Mixed Media Technique - Faux Cloisonne
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 23, 2010
A mixed media tutorial showing the Faux Cloisonne technique which uses black UTEE and mica powders.
Full insturctions here (thanks to BeyondBracelets for writing these down for me):
You will be using heavy weight chipboard for this project.
Cover the chipboard shape in black/color gesso (or acrylic paint) don't forget the edges and back side.
Use a Watermark Stamp Pad and dab the pad on to entire surface of the painted chipboard. The watermark stamp pad will make the enamel stick. (Product used: (BLACK) Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. The enamel MUST be black! No clear!)
Now using the watermark stamp pad and embossing enamel coat the piece a total of three times working on the projects surface in layers. Don't forget to use the heat gun after each application to set the embossing enamel.
Dab the triple coated enamel surface with a versamark watermark stamp pad (to moisten the surface to make the powder stick better) and then use "Perfect Pearls" Banger acid-free perfect pearl (mica powder) decorate the surface in random blotches with colors of your choice. (Any mica powder will work. Perfect Pearls & Pearl Ex are used in the video.)
Choose bold and open patterned stamps and make sure to ink the stamp with permanent gold ink prior to pressing it down. (Product used for permanent gold ink: Archival pigment ink pad "Brilliance" Galaxy Gold- The ink needs to be permenant or permenant upon heat setting)
Lastly use your heat gun on the piece prior to pressing your ink filled stamp down. The heat gun will soften the layers enough for the embossing to work its way around the stamp decoration. Slowly pull up the stamp and there will be an indent left behind from the stamp- the gold metallic ink will be recessed in to the stamped area.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:50 Alcohol Ink and Tissue Paper Techniqueby 2tinytreasuresFeatured 137,638
- 16:36 ~ Sweet November ~ Mixed Media Canvas Collage: Start-to-Finish Part 1 of 2by Luvleescrappin . 41,113 views
- 20:11 Art Journaling: Textured backgroundsby Samara Gugler 82,758 views
- 3:25 Creazioni in fimo - L'isola Che Non C'èby FabyMJ77 31,320 views
- 9:42 Art journal page: collage with magazine cutoutsby Sandra van der Geest 60,020 views
- 200 videos Play all Jewrlryby slogomary
- 4:43 Handmade Skeleton Leaf Butterflyby Luvleescrappin . 55,862 views
- 9:45 Quilted Foil - Lesson Planby BlickVideos 116,011 views
- 7:52 How to Etch with White Vinegar (Kitchen Lithography Variation)by jjewelart 133,201 views
- 6:25 How to Make Embossed Foil Water Bottle Bracelets by Tiffany Windsorby Cool2Craft 40,111 views
- 10:01 Make Own Clay Charms with Amazing Mold Silicone Puttyby 2tinytreasures 104,589 views
- 5:42 Applying Foil to Fabric Using Plantsby trishstuart 60,245 views
- 13:58 DIY Bangle | Tutorial | Polymer Clay | Satelliti Bangle | Bracciale Rigidoby archideedidiana 6,570 views
- 6:36 Sculpey Polymer Clay - the Mokume Gane Techniqueby Blick Art Materials 219,081 views
- 8:34 Polymer Clay Charm Updateby MaxterMooch 630,988 views
- 5:54 Mixed Media collage techniqueby adoreHIMcreations 97,672 views
- 12:20 Christy Tomlinson: Behind the Art: Stencils & Masks Part 1by Christy Tomlinson 26,380 views
- 14:23 Mixed Media Journal Page - Dance In The Rainby Mixed Media Art 42,538 views
- 0:48 Création d'une peinture abstraite par Christelle Romulusby Christelle Romulus 140,830 views
- 14:09 Little Windows 3-D Butterflies!by FranLittleWindows 53,001 views
- 4:16 Ultra thick embossingby theartisticstamper 17,148 views
- Loading more suggestions...