Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Speedrun - 3 Medals (Bam/Andrew/Jamie/OD) - 3:55
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 30, 2013
I did it.
Edit: Since I'm getting Reddit bombed, maybe a more descriptive description would be appropriate. This is a single segment run of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on PC done BY HAND; no cheats or external tools were used in the making of this run. The goal is just to medal the 3 competitions.
This run has been accepted and published by SpeedDemosArchive.com at http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?...
Q: Why not complete everything? You skipped a lot of goals and didn't even go to Cruise Ship.
A: It makes for an interesting and challenging route. This category is kind of grandfathered into existence by THPS1&2 going into the credits after getting 3 medals in those games. Besides, there's nothing stopping you or anyone else from doing an All Goals/All Golds or a 100% run.
Q: This seems like TAS quality. How can I be sure you're not cheating?
A: This run was a long time coming. I have multiple older runs uploaded to my channel, showing the progression of the route and my getting better at certain things in the run. The run is not absent of mistakes--they're there if you know what to look for. The game is being played on the PC version--there are obvious tells throughout the run to prove it (1.01 in the bottom-left corner on the main menu, having access to Network Play, "Press O to Continue" instead of a controller's button image, high resolution). The only version that I'm positive can be TASed at the moment is the Gamecube version. If this was TASed it would be faster--even if it was a bad TAS.
Q: I don't know. Aren't you navigating those menus a little fast?
A: Muscle memory is wonderful. I'll let my buddy, neskamikaze, take this one: http://youtu.be/foJl8Lh3bQg?t=1m30s
Q: How is the game timed?
A: The game is timed in real time starting from the moment the player gains control to the moment End Competition is selected in Tokyo. Player Control actually begins about half a second to a second later than it looks--you can't control your character while they're doing the animation to get on the board. For fairness between console and PC versions, loading times are not counted.
Standard YouTube License
- 24:56 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Speedrun in 22:38, live at AGDQ2013by CosmoSpeedrunsFeatured 326,597
- 1:31 DASH CAM VIDEO: Police Pursuitby Portland Police 2,539,966 views
- 2:58 Joe Rogan talks about Steven Seagal getting choked out by Gene Lebellby RasmusDC 492,144 views
- 1:31 Atomic Cameraman's close call at the Nevada Test Siteby Atom Central 347,926 views
- 4:45 Halo 4 - Achievement PIG #127 (Kerry vs. Martinizer)by Rooster Teeth 280,084 views
- 7:04 "DIE RISE" ZOMBIES Gameplay - Black Ops 2 Revolution Map Pack - Call of Duty DLC Mapby Ali-A - #1 for COD News & Gameplay! 3,790,645 views
- 1:03:50 Mirror's Edge (PC) speed run [0h 57m 32s] single segmentby tunnarit 3,115,579 views
- 1:33 Street Fighter X Tekken - Asuka + Vega Swag Combosby GeorgeThePlushie's channel 9,558 views
- 0:43 Twisted Metal Demo - Nuke Through the Schoolby GeorgeThePlushie 1,867 views
- 3:35 CkY - 96 Quite Bitter Beingsby shanewb 6,819,114 views
- 7:19 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (6:23)by Zeltar00 394,275 views
- 13:09 Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD | Ep.1 | Swift kick to the Nostalgia!by xXSlyFoxHoundXx 141,269 views
- 5:04 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Soundtrackby alisnotaman 219,989 views
- 3:23 CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beingsby Marie Ellis 1,147,248 views
- 23:00 The Setup Tour 2012!by Marques Brownlee 113,653 views
- 2:54 two kids skaters proby multijessi15 2,027,619 views
- 10:59 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Walkthrough with Commentary Part 1 - I'm Too Good at This Gameby TylerLasagna 4,837 views
- 4:05 Candle in the night -Celia Pavey Originalby Celia Pavey 379,651 views
- 1:45 Childish Gambino - Ima Boss (Video)by XX 693,518 views
- 1:30 The Simpsons - Homer Evolutionby Hulu 21,405,325 views
- Loading more suggestions...