Paul C. Roberts on "the REAL LIBOR scandal" and "Bond Market Armageddon!"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 16, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. Today we survey the Wall Street hijinks. From potential big bank criminal wrongdoing in the Libor scandal reported by the Justice Department, to regulators answering for the money laundering probe at HSBC, to a former Citigroup banker accused of misleading clients in a CDO deal. Does this continue because of the lack of senior executive level convictions for financial crimes? We hear from Charles Ferguson, director of Inside Job and author of Predator Nation who wrote about that on the Huffington Post today. After all of the work he's done, he tells us the price he's paid personally for shining the light Wall Street's underbelly.
And returning to the issue of LIBOR, and the scandal there, the current picture painted is one that shows banks benefiting from borrowing at low rates through interest rate manipulation. But our guest, former assistant Treasury secretary, Paul Craig Roberts, argues that this is too simplistic and that it functions as a diversion from the deeper, darker scandal.
The dirty little secret (well, not so secret if you can do basic math) is that banks have been living off borrowed time since the onset of the 2008 financial crisis. They have assets on their books that they refuse to mark to market, and are dependent on cheap financing and easy liquidity to keep their insolvency from officially bankrupting their institutions. This is what characterizes a zombie bank, and zombie banks no longer speak only Japanese. This is a western phenomenon now, with the zombie virus having crossed the pacific, and then again the Atlantic.
Paul Craig Roberts, Economist and Former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury under Reagan, will discuss what he calls "the real Libor scandal," and tell us what we may all be missing from this latest hullaballoo.
Standard YouTube License
- 28:06 Marc Faber on a Global Crash, the U.S. Treasury Bubble and China's Slowdownby CapitalAccount68,734 views
- 28:05 Nigel Farage on the Failings of the EU Summit and an Antidemocratic Europeby CapitalAccount40,695 views
- 27:52 Lauren Lyster takes Wall Street's Bull by the Horns - Infiltrates the Trading Floor!by CapitalAccount18,400 views
- 28:04 Jim Grant on Safe-Haven Bubbles and a Bull Market in Black Walnut Trees!by CapitalAccount26,729 views
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real20,798 views
- 1:00:45 Paul Craig Roberts; Police Have Been Militarized Sees Public as Enemy,Dollar Emplosionby samuel ezerzer3,633 views
- 2:54:27 Chris Hedges "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M688,274 views
- 5:59 JIM ROGERS - All FIAT CURRENCY will be WORTHLESS in 2014. Dont SELL GOLD or SILVERby 829speedy71,766 views
- 27:47 Matt Taibbi: You Should Be Freaking Out Over LIBOR Scandal!by Sam Seder8,301 views
- 1:00:34 Paul Craig Roberts : NEW October 2013 : Osama bin Laden death hoax and SEAL Team 6 cover-upby The Mind Renewed6,053 views
- 25:55 Inside Story - Rigged bank rates: Is there more to come?by Al Jazeera English55,302 views
- 6:11 Jim Rogers - Gold (Silver Price Etc) Will Keep Falling Into 2014 - 2015, Has NOT Hit Bottom!by Gold And Silver46,613 views
- 23:01 Max Keiser: TPP Secret Trade Deal with Dr. Paul C. Robertsby PressTVGlobalNews14,563 views
- 4:47 Paul C Roberts USA Traitors AIPAC, Zionist Loyal to ISRAEL - USA Hijackedby o1OpTiMuS1o6,342 views
- 21:25 Paul Craig Roberts - Libor Fraud Now Part of the Systemby Greg Hunter18,885 views
- 11:45 Matt Taibbi: LIBOR Rate-Fixing Scandal "Biggest Insider Trading You Could Ever Imagine"by democracynow13,694 views
- 5:52 How Barclays manipulated the libor ratesby Al Jazeera English16,922 views
- 28:04  Jim Rogers Says "Abolish the Fed and Resign"by Boom Bust28,909 views
- 6:37 Israel owns the USA- Dr. Paul Craig Robertsby o1OpTiMuS1o3,583 views
- 37:27 Mass Economic Collapse explained by Paul Craig Roberts, Ph.D.by Doc Casull56,878 views
- Loading more suggestions...