This video is unavailable.
Benefits of Smaller Assisted Living Homes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 8, 2011
Learn more at Assisted Living Directory: http://www.assisted-living-directory....
I recently had the opportunity to sit down with the owner of a small, homelike assisted living facility, and ask him his opinion about what smaller facilities have to offer over the larger, more corporate-type assisted living facilities and companies. Of course, since he owns a smaller home, he had some interesting insights as to what might be unappealing about larger facilities.
The picture he describes in regards to larger facilities is one that is very impersonal and imposing in nature - an environment where one might feel lost, or disconnected. He points out the common use of linoleum floors, hospital curtains separating multiple beds in the rooms - more of a hospital-type setting. Larger facilities may offer more of a cafeteria-style setting in regards to food service as well.
The benefits of a home-like setting for assisted living (or a residential setting for the elderly) is the personal touch..a sense of warmth, and the attention to detail in terms of menus and creative approaches towards senior care - working closely with the doctors, the families, and the residents. Being in a homelike setting, owners and staff may be able to become more familiar with the medication requirements, and personal needs of each resident in the facility.
This viewpoint is not to say, necessarily that there aren't benefits of a larger, more corporate facility structure. In fact, some people may prefer that setting over a smaller one. Assisted living is a highly personal choice, and there are many options available to seniors, those with Alzheimer's or other disorders such as Parkinson's, and even younger people who have a condition that renders them no longer able to care for themselves, and maintain their personal care.
Choosing an assisted living facility takes a great deal of research, and time visiting and interviewing different facilities and administrators. The size of the facility can be one of the major factors to consider in terms of the resident's happiness, level and type of care,
Music used for this video:
"Improvisation On Friday..." by Alex (feat. The3amAssociation)
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
Standard YouTube License
- 9:55 Making a Success of Assisted Livingby DirectCareTrainingFeatured 1,699
- 15:20 Safe Harbor Assisted Living Facility Video Tourby David Besnette 4,390 views
- 2:31 How To Open An Assisted Living Home - Our Top Advice and Tipsby David Besnette 2,230 views
- 9:07 Liveaboard life: minimalism in a tiny home at seaby kirstendirksen 435,023 views
- 1:37 Inspiration For Opening and Owning An Assisted Living Facilityby David Besnette 9,586 views
- 8:13 Assisted Living Directory Interview: Jean Cannon, administrator of Aspen House Memory Careby David Besnette 1,774 views
- 3:14 Assisted Living Business Planby oneplanner 2,367 views
- 1:48 Filling Your Care Home Before The Doors Open - RCFE Training 5/6by TheResidentialCare 1,404 views
- 20 videos Play all SMALL & WONDERFUL HOMESby MACKATTACK1970
- 11:32 Documentation for home health careby Paloma HomeHealth 18,676 views
- 1:09 A Family's 'Tiny House' Creates Huge Savingsby Anderson 14,995 views
- 5:04 Southern Lifestyle Assisted Living Facility Tourby Rick Shorrock 4,993 views
- 3:14 How to start an Assisted Living Home - Health Services Policies and Procedures Manualby assistedlivingmanual 2,026 views
- 8:27 How to Start a Senior Care / Elder Care / Home Care agencyby Gavin Densmore 2,918 views
- 7:35 Section 1 - PSBC Overview and Parkinson's Factsby ParkinsonSocietyBC 704 views
- 3:06 Assisted Living - Video Description and Definitionby David Besnette 912 views
- 4:34 How To Look Up Assisted Living Facility Violations, Citations & Inspection Reportsby David Besnette 1,811 views
- 0:55 What is good customer service.wmvby ukinterview 27,907 views
- 14:27 Starting a Home Health Agency.aviby HomeHealthForms 11,659 views
- 4:06 Caregivers Open Their Homes to Veteransby aarpbulletintoday 1,094 views
- 1:59 How to start an Assisted Living Home. Housekeeping Manualby assistedlivingmanual 1,136 views
- Loading more suggestions...