White Spot on Skin
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 26, 2013
White spots on skin can be caused by many things, but cancer is definitely not one of them, so if you have noticed white spots appearing on your skin, please don't be overly concerned. They might not look very nice, but they are no threat to your health.
In many cases, these spots are a result of tinea versicolor. This is essentially a fungal infection which can be triggered by a number of things, including the use of shared tanning beds, and towels which have been used multiple times between washes. The actual fungus that causes the spots is present on everyone's skin, so in medical terms, tinea versicolor is not contagious since we all have this fungus living on us anyway.
Tinea versicolor is easily treatable with both prescription drugs and over the counter treatments, and if treated, the spots will soon start to fade. If after about two months you can still see the spots, you should go and see another doctor in order to get a second opinion.
A health condition known as vitiligo can also cause white spots to appear, but there are two distinct differences. Spots which are caused by vitiligo look somewhat different, and they will not respond as well to any medication. The reason for this being that vitiligo is not caused by a fungus, but instead, it occurs when areas of pigment producing cells are damaged. Although doctors remain uncertain as to what actually causes this, it is believed to be an autoimmune disease.
There are a number of different treatment options, but these are often ineffective. It is however quite possible for pigment to return at some point, but if it does, the affected areas are usually slightly lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
These days there are a variety of different makeup products which can be used in order to cover up the spots, and one can also buy dyes that can be applied to the white spots. The biggest concern with these types of products is that many of them contain harsh chemicals, and so in my opinion, they should be avoided.
Areas of skin affected by vitiligo are more susceptible to skin cancer, so I really don't think people should be exposing these areas to any sort of chemicals. There are other creams and lotions available on the market which are completely free of any chemicals, and some of them are known to be very effective at reducing the appearance of white spots.
These types of creams may take longer to produce the desired results, but surely it's worth the wait. After all, what is the point of getting rid of white spots on skin, only to have them replaced by skin cancer? As a general rule, if you can't eat something, you shouldn't be putting it on your skin either.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:17 Tinea Versicolor Remediesby Irawdom4,087 views
- 4:57 Bashar Your own room in two star systemsby kaily666622,010 views
- 4:30 SPINACH! A Natural Vitiligo Treatment.by lizabernie13,183 views
- 1:28:00 How Vaccines Harm Child Brain Development - Dr Russell Blaylock MDby Vaccination Information Network55,406 views
- 4:29 Beauty Tips - Home Remedies For White Patchesby careworldtv9,076 views
- 4:48 Vitamins for Vitiligoby nathalie pelletier5,704 views
- 4:04 Vitiligo: The best treatment and possible cure-Green Juice!by TheNickFever24,150 views
- 13:06 Vitiligo: A day in Lee Thomas' shoesby LunaJo6712,826 views
- 11:19 CURA para el Vitiligo, medicina alternativa 100% naturalby Alx Sosa24,945 views
- 9:39 Lee Thomas interview with Larry King Part 2by eschenk350,138 views
- 6:01 Apple Cider Vinegar...gets rid of pimples, age spots and more!!by Tarynbeth313,112 views
- 9:08 HOW TO TREAT WHITE SPOT / HOW TO TREAT ICK (ICH) IN AQUARIUMby Pondguru33,506 views
- 15:40 Home Made Mozzarella - 30 Minute Methodby Gavin Webber9,405 views
- 5:07 The Skin Doctor: LEMON TRICKby kandee johnson4,178,965 views
- 2:30:25 Deewana Mastana 1997 DVDRipby mrpopat2012126,063 views
- 4:28 Vitiligo an Introduction, Causes and Diagnosesby seoinsight7920,786 views
- 5:18 Girl with vitiligo talks about Michael Jacksonby LunaJo67192,205 views
- 2:46 Remove Moles, Warts and Skin Tags with Apple Cider Vinegar in 5 days!by Detox and More276,846 views
- 3:30 Black Women Bleaching Their Skin to Be Whiteby SwoopsFilms .997,467 views
- 4:48 Vitiligo: a breakthrough therapy - The introduction of SCENESSE® in vitiligo treatmentby photoprotection117,766 views
- Loading more suggestions...