Acoustic Blues Guitar Lessons - Jim Bruce - Deep River Blues Guitar Lesson by Doc Watson
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 13, 2009
Acoustic Blues Guitar Lessons http://www.play-blues-guitar.eu/menu-...
This online blues guitar lesson featuring Deep River Blues by Doc Watson is the second in the series (maybe the last - we'll see!) Anyone serious about acoustic blues guitar and studying blues guitarists should take a look at the Travis style of picking and incorporate it into their playing, even if they want to play the blues in a different style. Learn how to play acoustic blues guitar in Doc's inimitable style
Here, we take a look at those 'fiddly bits' that appear in Doc's rendition of Deep River. These are the little things that suddenly appear and blow us away with their magic, such as double thumb beats and added syncopation with thumb/finger combination strokes. It's even more interesting when you consider that Doc (like other great masters such as Gary Davis, Broonzy,Hopkins) used just one finger on his picking hand to achieve these results. I hope you enjoy it - come back again!
Learn how to play acoustic blues guitar http://www.play-blues-guitar.eu - Preview Jim's Complete Course ' Acoustic Blues Guitar Lessons '
The full range of lessons available show how to play blues guitar in various styles, such as delta blues (Robert Johnson), Texas blues (Lightnin' Hopkins), Chicago swing blues (Big Bill Broonzy), and ragtime blues (Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller, Willie Walker). Learn blues guitar in the style of Carolina blues (Floyd Council, Pink Anderson, Scrapper Blackwell), bottleneck and open tunings. Many blues guitarists are covered in detail.
There are two videos for Doc Watson Guitar Lessons on this channel - this video is the first part of an on-line video lesson and gives an insight into his complex finger picking style.
It's true that basic finger picking is very simple - you either hit one string with thumb and the next one with a finger, or pinch two or three strings together with thumb and finger(s)! Of course, it's how we use our thumb and fingers that make all the difference. I've noticed that many, many older school blues guitar masters just used one finger on their right hand - Doc Watson, Reverend Gary Davis, Scrapper Blackwell, Blind Boy Fuller, Floyd Council, Big Bill Broonzy, and the list goes on.
Often, the right thumb jumps across to the treble strings to help out, which adds to the syncopation. It becomes more and more evident that the right thumb is crucial to creating the sound. It can double the beat, make an off-beat, strum across the strings and produce single string runs when used alternately with one of the fingers (usually the index.)
Enjoy the incredible easy sounding style of Doc Watson - and marvel at his genius and dexterity! Let his example show you how to play blues guitar! Learn blues guitar - more on my site http://www.play-blues-guitar.eu/how-t...
PLEASE 'like' this video and put it in your favorites - it does me a power of good!
Acoustic blues guitar lessons - Jim Bruce Videos
Deep River Blues Lesson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lMZx...
Jim Bruce Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/acoustict...
youtube blues guitar lessons,
blues lessons guitar pro,
marty blues guitar lessons,
delta blues guitar lessons,
essential blues guitar lessons,
blues slide guitar lessons,
intermediate blues guitar lessons,
blues bass guitar lessons,
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Acoustic Blues Guitar Lessons - Jim Bruce - Deep River Blues Guitar Lesson by Doc Watson
- 17:19 Delta Blues Guitar Lesson - Fingerstyle Like Robert Johnsonby Active Melody Featured 473,560
- 9:42 8 year old guitar whiz Quinn Sullivan and Buddy Guyby CWaters7773,423,557 views
- 6:15 Doc Watson performs "Deep River Blues" in the DVD "Doc's Guitar: Fingerpicking & Flatpicking"by SmithsonianFolkways324,740 views
- 9:02 "Slow Blues in E" taught by Stefan Grossmanby GtrWorkShp1,651,183 views
- 10:01 5 Essential Blues Boxes: Overview Previewby gr8bluesgtr703,309 views
- 2:37 Mississippi Blues by RLBurnsideby mercydee1,737,070 views
- 13:12 Eric Clapton - Old Love (amazing live version)by dginush1,616,618 views
- 7:42 acoustic blues scale - fun, easy beginner guitarby youcanlearnguitar1,375,192 views
- 8:58 Eric Clapton Slow Blues Guitar Lessonby Learning Guitar Now448,576 views
- 4:27 Doc Watson - Tennessee Studby BluegrassLibrary236,046 views
- 9:53 Blues Guitar Chordsby guitarjamzdotcom1,227,340 views
- 5:02 Doc Watson Teaches Salt Creek (with host Steve Kaufman)by homespuntapes144,975 views
- 11:00 Acoustic blues fingerstyle guitar lesson ala Robert Johnson Eric Clapton finger pickby rockongoodpeople234,178 views
- 9:16 Blues Runs On 2 Stringsby Will Fly136,830 views
- 6:08 Mississippi Delta Bluesby Jim Countryman248,010 views
- 5:39 Blues Guitar Lesson - Lightnin' Hopkins Licksby JamPlayDotCom280,550 views
- 3:08 Blues Guitar - Brownie McGhee - So Much Trouble - Coverby Jim Bruce240,764 views
- 9:05 Beginner Blues rhythm guitar Lesson How to play blues guitarby rockongoodpeople1,842,279 views
- 4:26 Deep River Blues Guitar Lesson - Part 1by wolfiemo3689,290 views
- 6:03 Learn to play Lead Blues Guitar licks and phrasing lessonby rockongoodpeople1,974,067 views
- Loading more suggestions...