Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 36).
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2011
Its funny, it really is, well to be honest hilarious. I really didn't think PCS was serious when he claimed 'Ive found a scientific discovery that has been sourced to the bible, and that proves its divinely inspired' or similar.
The sad thing is you don't even need to think about it long to realize that hes full of crap.
So his line one item for 'showing the bible to be true' is a fragment of a poem from psalms. A line that involves divinely revealed insight about 'the fish of the sea' and the 'paths of the sea'.
Turns out the arguments weren't even his own anyway. They were copied, word for word off other creationist website. This is doubtless why he doesn't appear on camera.
So 'he' claims that the discovery of the ocean currents was directly due to the Bible, and a guy called Maury read the Bible, and then went off to discovery them.
Problem one of course is there are no citations to this outside creationist scribblings.
Problem 2 is that according to Maury himself, the gulf stream was known about at least 200 years before he looked at the problem (face-palm).
Problem 3, ocean currents have been known about since antiquity. Its one of the first thing you notice when you get out on the sea in a dead calm is that there are ocean currents. Indeed our word for ocean stems from the Greek, as they incorrectly believed the ocean to be a giant river called 'okeanos' (or similar).
So yeah, his bold claim that I had no come back to this is kinda on the level of fractal wrongness.
His second argument is also directly, word for word copied off of another creationist site.
Kudos to GuineaPigDan for spotting this.
There are no 'revealed' discoveries related to this passage in Leviticus, and with good reason.
The ritual for cleaning wounds involves chopping up birds and burning them.
This is also how the Bible describes to cure leprosy.
Further the passage only states running water, not clean running water.
Again, bible literalists will read more into it when they want to, and ignore things that are explicitly stated.
Leviticus, for those who haven't read it is a blood bath of animal sacrifices and burning animal carcasses. Its really messed up stuff that wouldn't be out of place in a horror movie, or in the annals of the mentally disturbed.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:42 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 37) William Lane Craigby Thunderf00t284,615 views
- 10:05 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 26) Sarah Palinby Thunderf00t964,342 views
- 9:51 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 24)by Thunderf00t908,708 views
- 8:19 Girl prays to CAUSE Japanese earthquakeby Thunderf00t263,726 views
- 17:09 BBC 'Men are raised to hate women'by Thunderf00t139,939 views
- 10:58 Fox News shows murder and blames it on the godlessby Thunderf00t491,438 views
- 5:52 Game over man, game over...by Thunderf00t367,889 views
- 12:04 Why 'feminism' poisons EVERYTHINGby Thunderf00t115,141 views
- 9:57 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 30)by Thunderf00t388,616 views
- 13:04 The Earth is 6000 Years Old - Atheist Experienceby Valsyrie567,882 views
- 9:02 Kirk Cameron gets Owned. Evolution is a myth!by PotheadPundit1,261,107 views
- 56:56 Eric Hovind OFFICIALLY accepts atheism is true and accurateby Thunderf00t360,872 views
- 8:14 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 35).by Thunderf00t237,895 views
- 4:28:25 FULL Why Do People Laugh at Creationists By: Thunderf00tby ChristopherHitchslap203,884 views
- 12:12 "I have two scientific reasons why I am not an atheist" - Atheist Experience show #737by eminescinescu388,686 views
- 48:34 Ana Kasparian and Thunderf00t hangoutby Thunderf00t
- 3:00 Christians say the Dumbest Thingsby Thunderf00t364,391 views
- 15:54 Thorium Powered Car, Drive 100 yrs on 8 grams of fuel!by Thunderf00t63,040 views
- 5:01 The Hopelessness of Atheismby Thunderf00t204,404 views
- 1:00:30 Debate: Atheist vs Christian (Richard Dawkins vs Cardinal George Pell)by VeganAtheist93,734 views
- Loading more suggestions...