Uploaded on Oct 27, 2011
if you win, David Lang will fly you to NYC for a performance at (le) poisson rouge on May 6, 2012.... go to http://digital.schirmer.com/lang-contest for more info! PLEASE SHARE THIS VIDEO!
Official Rules (in brief)
by uploading your video to http://www.youtube.com with the tag:
David Lang Piano Competition 2011
you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the complete rules of this competition: http://www.redpoppymusic.com/rules
1. Between November 15, 2011 and December 31, 2011, download the score to wed from David Lang's memory pieces without charge from http://digital.schirmer.com/lang-contest
2. Learn the music and make a video of yourself playing it.
3. Post the video on YouTube.com by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on December 31, 2011.
**IMPORTANT** you must tag the video with the following phrase: David Lang Piano Competition 2011
4. Once tagged by you after uploading, all videos will be posted here. Encourage your friends to make comments on their favorites!
5. A panel of judges, including Vicky Chow, Jeremy Denk, Lisa Moore, and Andrew Zolinsky will review all the videos and choose a winner. (All decisions by the panel are final and may not be challenged.)
6. The winner will be flown to New York for a performance of music by David Lang at the famed club Le Poisson Rouge, on Sunday, May 6, 2012. The winner will play wed and will also give the premiere of a new piece by Lang for piano 4-hands, to be premiered with pianist Andrew Zolinsky. The winner will receive free airfare, 2 nights hotel in New York, and a small honorarium.
7. The competition is not responsible for the arrangements of visas, work papers, entrance papers, or any immigration fees.
8. A complete list of rules is here: http://www.redpoppymusic.com/rules