Wes Montgomery - "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" Documentary Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 15, 2011
Order the digital download with digital booklet - $9.99 http://www.iTunes.com/WesEchoes
Order the Deluxe digi pak - $21.98
Order the limited edition 2 LP, 180 gram 2nd pressing of 1,000 - $69.98
*(free poster with purchase while supplies last)
Video of the making of Wes Montgomery's "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" the first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years.
From legendary producer Michael Cuscuna (Miles Davis: Live In
Europe 1967, Miles Davis: Bitches Brew 40th Anniversary).
The first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years.
Contains studio & live performances recorded in Indianapolis 1957-1958.
Includes 4 tracks recorded at Indianapolis's famed club, The Hub Bub.
CD Release Includes:
- 24 page booklet.
- Family photographs provided by the Montgomery family.
- Liner notes by some of music's most respected writers including:
Dan Morgenstern, David N. Baker, Bill Milkowski, Michael Cuscuna and others.
- Classic 50's photos of Wes taken in Indianapolis by legendary photographer Duncan Scheidt.
Features a previously unpublished essay by Wes brother, Buddy Montgomery.
Includes a rare interview with Wes' brother Monk Montgomery from 1980.
Limited 2 LP Edition
Mastered by Bernie Grundman.
180 gram vinyl pressed on 12" at 45 RPM by R.T.I.
Deluxe hand-assembled, hand-numbered gatefold by Stoughton Press.
Includes 4 panel booklet with 12" x 12" insert.
With a lot of sleuthing and a team of experts on the case, long lost tapes of Wes Montgomery have been discovered and restored. Resonance Records will release Echoes of Indiana Avenue - the first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years - on March 6, 2012, which would have been Montgomery's 88th birthday. Over a year and a half in the making, the release will provide a rare, revealing glimpse of a bona fide guitar legend. The tapes are the earliest known recordings of Montgomery as a leader, pre-dating his auspicious 1959 debut on Riverside Records. The album showcases Montgomery in performance from 1957-1958 at nightclubs in his hometown of Indianapolis, Indiana, as well as rare studio recordings. The release is also beautifully packaged, containing previously unseen photographs and insightful essays by noted music writers and musicians alike, including guitarist Pat Martino and Montgomery's brothers Buddy and Monk.
On this scintillating discovery, Montgomery plays it strictly straight ahead, swinging with a momentum and ferocity that is positively visceral - a clear display of Montgomery's bebop side. Listening to these recordings only reaffirms how Montgomery exerted such a profound influence over generations of guitarists - from George Benson, Pat Martino and Joe Pass to John Scofield, Pat Metheny, Kevin Eubanks, and Russell Malone to Kurt Rosenwinkel.
More info at http://www.resonancerecords.org/artis...
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "After Hours Blues (Improvisation)" on
- 11:01 Wes Montgomery Documentary ( Part 1 of 4 )by Bomberomusician82,021 views
- 4:21 Wes Montgomery - "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" Documentary Videoby resonancerecords5,284 views
- 40:01 Wes Montgomery - SO Much Guitar! [full album]by Gui tar1,962 views
- 1:05:43 Wes Montgomery Jazz Masters 14 ( Full Album )by mistermister668bRecommended for you
- 4:49 Andreas Öberg "Six String Evolution" (feat. Lewis Nash & John Patitucci)by resonancerecords12,265 views
- Wes Montgomery 3,030 videos30
- 38:12 Tisziji Muñoz: The Living Burn Treasure, by Patrick Barterby tisziji571 views
- 9:17 Just Friends - Wes Montgomery & Clark Terryby Sisifo JazzCat5,885 views
- 6:53 Wes Montgomery - Tequila (RARE live! 1967)by Edoardo Pizzuto9,673 views
- 42:55 Wes Montgomery - Guitar On The Go [Full Album]by DrThunderBurst58,221 views
- 3:48 Emily Remler - interviewed in 1986by Remembering Emily83,622 views
- 9:51 Lori Bell & Tamir Hendelman - Something's Comingby resonancerecords1,344 views
- 6:11 Wes Montgomery Impressions "Rare Recording" Live at Half Noteby teddypantelas8,150 views
- 14:13 Wes Montgomery Documentary ( Part 2 of 4 )by Bomberomusician20,100 views
- 10:31 Wynton Kelly Trio (Wes Montgomery)_ No Blues (Shorten Version)by rapitroy28,968 views
- 8:21 Wynton Kelly Trio (Wes Montgomery)_ If You Could See Me Nowby rapitroy12,309 views
- 5:05 Andreas Varady - Donna Leeby BreshDigitalTV132,109 views
- 2:29 Wes Montgomery 5 | Jazz Guitar Lessonby miamijazzguitar2,502 views
- 5:20 Bill Evans - "Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of The Gate" Documentary Videoby resonancerecords12,739 views
- 6:00 Tamir Hendelman - Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams (Live)by resonancerecords16,790 views