This video is unavailable.
Wes Montgomery - Echoes of Indiana Avenue
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 15, 2011
Order the digital download with digital booklet - $9.99 http://www.iTunes.com/WesEchoes
Order the Deluxe digi pak - $21.98
Order the limited edition 2 LP, 180 gram 2nd pressing of 1,000 - $69.98
*(free poster with purchase while supplies last)
Video of the making of Wes Montgomery's "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" the first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years.
From legendary producer Michael Cuscuna (Miles Davis: Live In
Europe 1967, Miles Davis: Bitches Brew 40th Anniversary).
The first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years.
Contains studio & live performances recorded in Indianapolis 1957-1958.
Includes 4 tracks recorded at Indianapolis's famed club, The Hub Bub.
CD Release Includes:
- 24 page booklet.
- Family photographs provided by the Montgomery family.
- Liner notes by some of music's most respected writers including:
Dan Morgenstern, David N. Baker, Bill Milkowski, Michael Cuscuna and others.
- Classic 50's photos of Wes taken in Indianapolis by legendary photographer Duncan Scheidt.
Features a previously unpublished essay by Wes brother, Buddy Montgomery.
Includes a rare interview with Wes' brother Monk Montgomery from 1980.
Limited 2 LP Edition
Mastered by Bernie Grundman.
180 gram vinyl pressed on 12" at 45 RPM by R.T.I.
Deluxe hand-assembled, hand-numbered gatefold by Stoughton Press.
Includes 4 panel booklet with 12" x 12" insert.
With a lot of sleuthing and a team of experts on the case, long lost tapes of Wes Montgomery have been discovered and restored. Resonance Records will release Echoes of Indiana Avenue - the first full album of previously unheard Montgomery music in over 25 years - on March 6, 2012, which would have been Montgomery's 88th birthday. Over a year and a half in the making, the release will provide a rare, revealing glimpse of a bona fide guitar legend. The tapes are the earliest known recordings of Montgomery as a leader, pre-dating his auspicious 1959 debut on Riverside Records. The album showcases Montgomery in performance from 1957-1958 at nightclubs in his hometown of Indianapolis, Indiana, as well as rare studio recordings. The release is also beautifully packaged, containing previously unseen photographs and insightful essays by noted music writers and musicians alike, including guitarist Pat Martino and Montgomery's brothers Buddy and Monk.
On this scintillating discovery, Montgomery plays it strictly straight ahead, swinging with a momentum and ferocity that is positively visceral - a clear display of Montgomery's bebop side. Listening to these recordings only reaffirms how Montgomery exerted such a profound influence over generations of guitarists - from George Benson, Pat Martino and Joe Pass to John Scofield, Pat Metheny, Kevin Eubanks, and Russell Malone to Kurt Rosenwinkel.
More info at http://www.resonancerecords.org/artis...
Standard YouTube License
- 3:57 Wes Montgomery - How Insensitiveby zeynsoloFeatured 6,572
- 1:18:23 Wes Montgomery Live in '65, Full Concertby Art Magus 37,284 views
- 4:21 Wes Montgomery: Echoes of Indiana Avenue: All About The Avenueby resonancerecords 3,949 views
- 6:53 Wes Montgomery - Tequila (RARE live! 1967)by Edoardo Pizzuto 3,002 views
- 4:49 Andreas Öberg "Six String Evolution" (feat. Lewis Nash & John Patitucci)by resonancerecords 11,461 views
- 2:50 Wes Montgomery - Windyby thecatkeaton 924,964 views
- 10:31 Wynton Kelly Trio (Wes Montgomery)_ No Blues (Shorten Version)by rapitroy 25,237 views
- 79 videos Play all Marian Petrescu ce 21-08-2012by mozikahira
- 3:27 Wes Montgomery "The Joker" (1967)by rovingeye2 42,589 views
- 6:18 Wes Montgomery - Four On Six - The Incredible Jazz Guitar Of Wes Montgomeryby ed1962 260,578 views
- 5:20 Bill Evans Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of The Gateby resonancerecords 11,830 views
- 4:12 Wes Montgomery Satin Doll (Take 5)by jazzysclassicjazz 13,139 views
- 5:28 full houseby velo12soa 189,015 views
- 3:58 Wes Montgomery - Sunnyby commissionershuffler 89,988 views
- 5:05 Andreas Varady - Donna Leeby BreshDigitalTV 117,188 views
- 3:38 Wes Montgomery - Impressions (1965)by facuac99 567,437 views
- 9:10 Barry Greene - Road Song (Wes Montgomery)by MariusPetersGitarre 12,964 views
- 11:18 Wes Montgomery - Body and Soul (take 2)by JMYTMusic 120,093 views
- 9:27 John Coltrane - Lonnie's Lamentby Praguedive 27,363 views
- 7:10 Wes Montgomery - There's That Rainy Day (Belgium 1965)by improvisedsolo 115,963 views
- 9:48 Wes Montgomery Documentary ( Part 4 of 4 )by Bomberomusician 14,030 views
- Loading more suggestions...