SRI SATHYA SAI BABA SINGS THE GAYATRI MANTRA:
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 31, 2007
OM BHUR BHUVAH SUVAHA
TAT SAVITUR VARENYAM
BHARGO DEVASYA DHEEMAHI
DHIYO YO NAH PRACHODAYAT
We contemplate the glory of Light illuminating the three worlds: gross, subtle, and causal.
I am that vivifying power, love, radiant illumination, and divine grace of universal intelligence.
We pray for the divine light to illumine our minds.
Meaning of the individual words:
Om: The primeval sound
Bhur: the physical world
Bhuvah: the mental world
Suvah: the celestial, spiritual world
Thath: That; God; transcendental Paramatma
Savithur: the Sun, Creator, Preserver
Varenyam: most adorable, enchanting
Bhargo: luster, effulgence
Devasya: resplendent,supreme Lord
Dheemahi: we meditate upon
Dhiyo: the intellect,understanding
Yo: May this light
Sathya Sai Baba said that this prayer is directed to the Divine Mother:
"O Divine Mother, our hearts are filled with darkness. Please make this darkness distant from us and promote Illumination within us."
Gayatri Mantra contains the essence of all the Mantras of all Gods and Goddesses. Just as single thread runs through all the flowers in a garland, the same divine power exists in all the god forms. Understand this unity in diversity. One who has understood this unity will never be put to suffering. Develop faith in God. Do not get carried away by what others say. Follow the dictates of your conscience. If you have the strong desire to see God, contemplate on Him with unflinching faith. Then you can certainly see Him. Never doubt His existence. He exists for those who believe in His existence and does not exist for those who deny His existence. He acts according to your feelings. So, develop faith in Him. Chanting the Gayatri Mantra for three times in a day, i.e., morning, afternoon and evening, is not enough. You should chant this Mantra incessantly. Why should you stipulate a particular time period for chanting His name who is beyond time? Sarvada Sarvakaleshu Sarvathra Harichinthanam, chant His name at all places, at all times and under all circumstances. I would advise to recite the Gayatri when you take your bath. Do not sing cheap and defiling film songs; recite the Gayatri. When you bathe, the body is being cleansed; let your mind and intellect also be cleansed. Make it a point to repeat it when you bathe as well as before every meal, when you wake from sleep, and when you go to bed. And also repeat 'shanti' thrice at the end, for that repetition will give shanti or peace to three entities in you -- body, mind and soul. Sathya Sai Baba
This Gayathri Mantra was taught by Vishwamitra; that we know. But do you know what Baba has to say about this? On that day, the Gayathri Mantra was gifted to mankind: Rama and Lakshmana were the instruments for our receiving that teaching.
As Rama was Divine, Vishwamitra certainly knew that Rama knew everything, and therefore already knew this mantra. So then, why did Vishwamitra teach it to Him?
The goal of teaching the Gayathri to Rama was to ensure that the whole world would come to know it. The situation was only an opportunity to benefit all of us by gifting the Gayathri Mantra to all of us through this teaching by Vishwamitra to Rama.
So what does Baba say about this? By gifting this Gayathri Mantra to the entire humanity, Vishwamitra has endeared himself. Humanity is highly indebted to that sage, to Vishwamitra. Swami says that therefore his very name is justified: Vishwa means the entire universe and mitra is friend. Through this act, he earned his name as Vishwamitra. He is friend to the universe; he is a friend of all. The Gayathri, therefore, was gifted to the entire humanity through his act of teaching it to Rama. What a beautiful explanation this is!
Standard YouTube License
- 8:28 Divine Voice of Sathya saibababy Srini VasanFeatured 398,032
- 44:08 Gayatri Mantra ( 108 peaceful chants ) (NEW)by thebless4ever 732,893 views
- 17:10 Bhagawan Shree Sathya Sai Baba singing the Gayatri Mantraby Sai Bhajan, Fargo,North Dakota 13,831 views
- 9:35 SAI BABA :: SAI GAYATRI MANTRAby alex250857 45,183 views
- 120 videos Play all Gayatri Mantraby satsangi9
- 9:49 hanuman chalisaby sri ram 17,760,189 views
- 3:42 SAI BABA :: AVE MARIAby alex250857 325,791 views
- 5:06 Sai Baba singing Gayatri Mantraby Mauricio Solis 38,068 views
- 9:52 Teachings of Babajiby deeptrancenow 338,637 views
- 4:49 Shri Lakshmi Kali Saraswati Mantraby BHAJANS4U 431,340 views
- Gayatri Mantra 3,137 videos197
- 9:22 Shirdi Sai Baba Mantra - Om Sai Namo Namahaby sainath459 591,588 views
- 3:12 Aum Meditation...This Will Raise Your Tonal....by Meditation Mastery 716,831 views
- 7:09 SAI BABA :: MEDITATIONby alex250857 322,549 views
- 5:14 Gayatri Mantra; Гаятри Мантраby alex250857 331,059 views
- 8:15 Sai Sings Bhajans 1by Sai Divine Inspirations 411,587 views
- 5:28 Sri Shirdi Sai Baba - Sai Ram (108 Repetitions)by LilaSakura 1,002,248 views
- 5:38 AUM Meditation for Opening Third Eye Chaka Pointby AnmolMehtaCom 673,292 views
- 2:00:00 Sathya Sai Baba sings Gayatri mantra solo 2 hours (no music)by gozeep 16,518 views
- 0:58 GAYATRI MANTRAby thesakigroup 82,383 views
- 7:08 Sai Baba Tricks Completely Exposed.by WisdomFromWithin 2,246,702 views
- 6:05 Sri Sathya Sai Baba sings : OM NAMAH SHIVAYAby aadmia dewaard 64,357 views
- Loading more suggestions...