Elio Motors Reverse Trike in St. Louis, Missouri May 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 15, 2013
Elio Motors had their new Reverse Trike in St. Louis, Missouri on May 15, 2013 for a show open to the general public in Stacy Park. See reversetrike(dot)com for more info. Default player is probably 360 pixels, but if you click on the change quality button * you can choose up to 1080p which would look awesome on a 60" HDTV screen! You can see that they've raised their prices slightly from what they started with, but they believe they can stick with the $6800 price. No way to do that unless they use the automotive sources as they've stated to buy the parts.
As it stands it looks awesome inside & out. They've presold lots of these and you can understand why if you see it in person. This is the vehicle everyone's been waiting for I think and we can be negative and say it can never be done or help it come to market by spreading the news to every person in America. I prefer to support them because this is the product we've all been waiting on for many years..
The Elio is much more practical for day to day use than a Spyder in my opinion. There's a lot more room in it that I anticipated. You've got a/c, heat, 3 airbags, and FWD which will enable it to handle slippery road surfaces better than a RWD could. You're out of the weather so you can ride in the rain as easy as in a car. On a bike, the rain makes it very difficult and more dangerous.
Egress is very good for the front of course, but more difficult for the rear passenger. However, I don't think it's any more difficult than climbing on back of a Spyder; just a different process. There's a good view out through the 2 side windows and if you fold the rear seat down there's more space for stuff back there that you would think at first glance.
Of course reaching in to grab stuff way in the back takes flexibility, but they say they'll have a small trunk lid. This will be a great vehicle for a lot of people. I'd love to drive one and see how it handles the curves and so forth. The people that see it are sold on it. Now it remains for them to bring it to market. If everyone will pitch in and promote it, then at least we have a
chance to actually own one some day.
The thing is, if they were to actually sell them at $6800, unless they were easy to get your hands on and buy one, the excited public would be offering owners a lot more money for their vehicle if they'd sell it to them. I can see it now. Since Elio has an automotive assembly line to build it on, I think what they need is to see the demand in the marketplace for their product. I'm not going to miss the opportunity to do that for them
Standard YouTube License
- 21:58 Elio Motors Press Conference May 8, 2013by Elio Motors Featured 25,994
- 10:45 Flying Car Heaven!!! $14,995 This Exists!! This Is NOT A Prototype Mock Up! Buy a paramotor Now!!!by Dell Schanze234,848 views
- 1:14 ELIO OUT FOR A SPINby rioisone32,081 views
- 6:22 6 Peoples Reactions to the CRAZY 900hp 3Dx Evoby 1320video14,380,162 views
- 4:05 Car News Cafe - Elio Motors Reviewby CarNewsCafe34,632 views
- 23:21 Narrow track vehicles - the convergence of the car and the motorcycleby gizmag639,344 views
- 1:54 The $6,800 Elio:Coming Soon to a Showroom Near Youby Jim Motavalli19,794 views
- 3 videos Play all Elio Motors: Deal or No Deal?by mpgomatic
- 5:58 A Motorcycle that Can Change the Industry !by XP399,841 views
- 1:36 CarraBusa Enclosed Reverse Trike Test Driveby TheGreenVW30,878 views
- 4:59 Elio Motors: Join the Revolutionby Elio Motors125,801 views
- 4:22 CNBC Interview "Street Signs" 1/10/13by Elio Motors68,351 views
- 4:13 Elio Motors, The Next Big Thing in Transportation.by Elio Motors312,789 views
- 3:08 The Elio: The Car of the Futureby wbalam20,200 views
- 1:39 Is it a car? A motorcycle? Who cares - it gets 72 mpg!by News10NBC275,412 views
- 6:21 Electric car without Battery invented - Government killed inventor!by anonscience506,661 views
- 1:30 Craziest Trike You'll Ever See - Street Legal!by All of These Videos1,701,258 views
- 7:51 NC Now | Organic Transit ELFs | UNC-TVby exploreUNCTV46,116 views
- 9:07 reverse trike 808by carlos demiguel15,221 views
- 6:48 CarraBusa Enclosed Reverse Trikeby TheGreenVW42,160 views