Uploaded on Mar 20, 2011
John Cage (1912-1992): Thirteen Harmonies, for violin and keyboard (1985).
A selction of 13 out of a total of 44 Harmonies from Apartment House 1776. Roger Zahab made the selection and created a version for violin and keyboard. The selected Harmonies are:
1. Nr.18 - Old North (William Billings)
2. Nr.42 - Rapture (Collection Belcher)
3. Nr.26 - Judea (William Billings)
4. Nr.21 - Heath (William Billings)
5. Nr.19 - New York (Andrew Law)
6. Nr.5 - The Lord Descended (William Billings)
7. Nr.11 - Wheeler's Point (William Billings)
8. Nr.14 - Brunswick (James Lyon)
9. Nr.15 - Bellingham (William Billings)
10. Nr.28 - Greenwich (Andrew Law)
11. Nr.35 - Framingham (William Billings)
12. Nr.38 - The Lord is Ris'n (William Billings)
13. Nr.44 - Bloomfield (Andrew Law)
Annelie Gahl, violino
Klaus Lang, pianoforte elettrico (Fender Rhodes).
From cd Col Legno: http://www.col-legno.com/en/catalog/c...
Cover image: painting by Blinky Palermo.
The music published in our channel is exclusively dedicated to divulgation purposes and not commercial. This within a program shared to study classic educational music of the 1900's (mostly Italian) which involves thousands of people around the world. If someone, for any reason, would deem that a video appearing in this channel violates the copyright, please inform us immediately before you submit a claim to Youtube, and it will be our care to remove immediately the video accordingly.
Your collaboration will be appreciated.
Standard YouTube License