Clifford Lynch and Dean David Fenske: A Conversation
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 28, 2013
The College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) is proud to host computer science and information systems expert Clifford Lynch as he discusses top tech and information science trends and challenges with CCI Dean David Fenske.
About the Speakers
Clifford Lynch has led the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) since 1997. Prior to joining CNI, Lynch spent 18 years at the University of California Office of the President, the last 10 as Director of Library Automation (now known as the CA Digital Library). Lynch, who holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley, is an adjunct professor at Berkeley's School of Information. He is both a past president and recipient of the Award of Merit of the American Society for Information, and a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Information Standards Organization. In 2011 he was appointed co-chair of the National Academies Board on Research Data and Information; he serves on numerous advisory boards and visiting committees. His work has been recognized by the American Library Association's Lippincott Award, the EDUCAUSE Leadership Award in Public Policy and Practice, and the American Society for Engineering Education's Homer Bernhardt Award.
David E. Fenske
Dr. David E. Fenske is Isaac L. Auerbach Professor and founding Dean of Drexel's new College of Computing & informatics, formerly the Dean of Drexel's iSchool, College of Information Science and Technology. Since becoming dean of the iSchool in 1999, Fenske has overseen one of the largest library and information science and information systems programs in the nation, as well as Drexel research initiatives such as the National Science Foundation Center for Visual and Decision Informatics (CVDI), and the Applied Informatics Group (AIG). Dr. Fenske came to Drexel from IBM where, as a member of the Global Systems Integration Division, he worked with large system integrators focusing on content management software. Previously, Dr. Fenske was involved with the design and the deployment of a major digital library service while at Indiana University. Dr. Fenske's major teaching and research interests include digital libraries, informatics, knowledge management tools and agents and information technology systems. Dr. Fenske holds a Ph.D. (1973) in musicology with a minor in library science and a bachelor of music (1965) from the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:53 10 Children's Books You Didn't Know Were Racistby Alltime10s Featured 1,798,094
- 1:17:39 JCDL 2013 Opening Keynote: Clifford Lynchby ACM/IEEE JCDL 2013 (Joint Conference on Digital Libraries)
- 16:47 How to get into Medical school- Secrets Part 1by ftplectures72,882 views
- 7:33 Le Show de Per Bou Xar et Doyen au CICES Regardez !!!!!!by senewebvideo4,049 views
- 7:58 Elección Decano FADU 2013by FADU plural418 views
- 0:42 Save The Date - Philly Codefest 2014by Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics71 views
- 10:15 A Black Man's Journey through Medical Schoolby UMass Medical School14,564 views
- 54:42 CNI: MOOCs, Mobility, and Changing Scholarly Practice: CNI's Perspective on 2012 and 2013by cnivideo598 views
- 7:39 Almuerzo por elección decano y Vicedecano FADU UBAby Antonio Ledesma813 views
- 0:28 Happy Holidays from the College of Computing & Informaticsby Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics194 views
- 42:34 Computing Faculty Seminar Series: From High-level Haskell to Efficient Low-level Codeby Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics2 views
- 34:42 The Four Years of Medical Schoolby Tim de la Torre312,941 views
- 26:29 Summing up, Clifford Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)by TheDigitalCuration64 views
- 17:57 "I am a Medical Student" - The motivations and interests of five future physiciansby mauchscott69,018 views
- 24:33 How to Make the First Year of Medical School Completely MANAGEABLEby DocOssareh70,930 views
- 6:35 Orthopedics vs Anesthesia: What "healthy" means.by sharkbait88823,283 views
- 8:26 Orthopedic Exam of the Kneeby Didactics Online12,390 views
- 3:31 Elección Decano FADU 2013by ceadig2,575 views
- 9:32 Shoulder Examination - Orthopaedicsby Oxford Medical Videos23,540 views
- 14:09 Heidelberger Orthopädie 1/3 Neues von den Knochendocs 1by Nikonknipser20,734 views
- Loading more suggestions...