Fuzzy's Kitchen - Beer Can Chicken
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 4, 2013
Fuzzy's Beer Can Chicken
The following recipe is a demonstration on how to prepare my Beer Can Chicken (or Beer Butt Chicken) on a Big Green Egg.
Your comments, questions, and concerns are welcome...and I'd appreciate it if you would share your experience or tweaks to this recipe.
1 Whole Young Chicken (or Cornish Hen)
1 Large Aluminum Roasting Pan
1 Jar of Creole Butter Injection
1 bottle of Kick'n Chicken Seasoning
Peach Wood Chips
Beer of your choice
Pairs With: Your bird should be juicy enough... no sauces needed.
Cauliflower Mac 'N Cheese
Sweet Potato Souffle
Method Of Cooking:
Big Green Egg (other smoker or grill) on a beer butt roasting stand. Place the standing bird (in stand) directly on your cast iron grate...which will be placed directly on your plate setter with an aluminum drip pan on it. Place the plate setter (with drip pan) directly on your fire ring over your coals. Fill your aluminum roaster with 32 ounces of Chicken Broth. Large amount of Natural Lump Charcoal with Peach Wood Chips at 180-220 degrees for about 5-6 hours (cook times will vary based on Egg temperature and Chicken size).
If you do not have a vertical roasting stand... place the bird on a V-Rack with the breasts facing up... OR... skip the Chicken Broth in the Aluminum Roaster and lay flat in there.
Total Cook/Prep Time: 6 Hours...30 minutes of prep, 5 1/2 hours for cooking (or 165-180 internal temperature) ...basically watch a season of your favorite show on Netflix.
Feeds: 2 lumberjacks, or 4 people.
Leftovers? Place leftover bird in a crock pot with chicken stock for several hours. Once the chicken falls off the bone, serve it over a salad...or add BBQ sauce for pulled chicken sliders!
ADDED BONUS! This video features my first adventure with the CyberQ by BBQ Guru!
Standard YouTube License
- 15:40 ~Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breast On The Traeger Reloaded~by Linda's Pantry Featured 1,743
- 59:00 The Private Life of Chickensby tytgi tyhrr99,642 views
- 11:12 How I Built My Chicken Coop Step by Step - DIY VLOGby lambertw2637,402 views
- 12:50 Big Green Egg Turkey 2010by Tom Widner31,701 views
- 7:06 Smoked Cornish Game Hens on the Weber Bulletby Dennis DeLucas14,632 views
- 10:52 respectful chicken harvest part 1 of 2 kill and pluck - how toby paul wheaton465,529 views
- 9:46 OMT's Beer Can Chicken on the Barbecue (BBQ)by OldManTriple1,236 views
- 10:13 How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken (酸甜鸡, 酢鳥の作り方)by TheArtOfCooking72,949 views
- 7:23 Cheap chicken feeder, how to build a bulk chicken/poultry feeder, PT1..by Rob Bob151,820 views
- 11:40 Adventures in Grilling #3 - Beer Can Chickenby AdventuresInGrilling1,691 views
- 7:46 How to Grill Beer Can Chicken [Part 5 of 6] - Celebrity Grill Showdown #4: JM vs. Grill Innovationsby CelebrityGrill1,561 views
- 6:47 BBQ BUTTER WHOLE CHICKEN - SPATCHCOCKED / BUTTERFLY - BIG GREEN EGG - BBQFOOD4Uby BBQFOOD4U20,228 views
- 5:07 Smoked Beer Can Chicken With Guinness Beerby BBQMyWay42,585 views
- 3:17 Juicy BEER CAN CHICKEN Recipe - Crispy Skin - Best recipe ever - Classic American Sweet Dry Rubby Pitmaster X2,450 views
- 8:58 The Chickenby camposmusic105,773 views
- 8:45 How to Debone a Chicken in 18seconds?by Anton Diaz453,227 views
- 5:27 Beer Can Chicken On My Weber Grillby Ballistic BBQ25,461 views
- 6:19 Cooking with Beer - Beer Can Chickenby Team3BG1,182 views
- 5:17 Cooking Beer Can Chicken with the Smoke Vault Smoker by Camp Chefby zaxtor994,616 views
- 5:30 Beer Can Chicken - It Doesn't Have To Be Beer In Your Beer Can Chickenby OutdoorChefBarbecue961 views
- Loading more suggestions...