Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 16, 2012
In the wake of Friday's mass killing at an elementary school in Connecticut, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that she plans to introduce an assault weapons ban bill on the first day of the new Congress.
"I'm going to introduce in the Senate, and the same bill will be introduced in the House -- a bill to ban assault weapons," Feinstein said on NBC's "Meet the Press."
The shocking murder of 26 children and adults in Newtown, Conn., on Friday has sparked a national discussion on gun control, with mostly Democratic legislators saying laws need to be tightened.
President Bill Clinton signed an assault weapons ban into law in 1994, but the measure expired a decade later. Democrats have tried several times since then to renew the ban, without success.
Feinstein called for the ban to be renewed after the mass shooting in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater that killed 12 people and injured 58 others.
"Who needs these military-style assault weapons? Who needs an ammunition feeding device capable of holding 100 rounds?" Feinstein wrote on her campaign website. "These weapons are not for hunting deer -- they're for hunting people."
On Sunday Feinstein laid out details of the bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."
Feinstein would not comment on whether President Obama had failed to lead on gun control. "He is going to have a bill to lead on," she said.
Standard YouTube License
- 41:07 The Mexican Mormon War (Drug Cartels vs. Mormons Full Length)by VICE Featured 1,295,369
- 10:12 Feinstein, Johnson Debate Stricter Gun Controlby PigMine234,397 views
- 10:58 Dianne Feinstein gets schooled on her own assault weapons Bill S150 at Judiciary Committee SH-216by MrEleutheromania119,407 views
- 3:22 Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 Explained By Diane Feinsteinby The Daily Conversation7,587 views
- 17:47 Senator Ted Cruz smacks down Chuck Schumer on gun violence - Meet the Press meets the factsby Freedom Tracker161,014 views
- 6:17 BLOWOUT! Ted Cruz vs. Dianne Feinstein ᴴᴰby djgabrielpresents53,539 views
- 8:45 Dianne Feinstein On Piers Morgan Gun Ban Control Propagandaby MrCensureMoi6,324 views
- 4:35 Ret. Marine Absolutely Owns CNN Anchor On 2nd Amendment - "Unconstitutional Laws Aren't Laws"by hi5viralnews219,887 views
- 11:09 Another Assault Weapons Ban Is Possibleby TCArmory16,777 views
- 5:59 Ann Coulter Destroys Feinstein Over Cruz Debate: 'Liberal Women Should Not Be Able To Hold Office'by MichaelSavage4Prez230,905 views
- 11:45 Jon Stewart on Ted Cruz marathon speechby Wacky Racer18,035 views
- 3:54 Ted Cruz schools Dianne Feinstein on the US Constitution and the Bill of Rightsby nomorcocktails3,338 views
- 8:21 Senator Ted Cruz Talks About Clash With Feinstein on Gun Ban - Neil Cavuto - 3/15/13by MichaelSavage4Prez6,891 views
- 2:14 Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Bill To Ban Assault Weapons As Well As Large Clipsby SaveOurSovereignty36,347 views
- 6:11 Explosive Exchange at Gun Hearing Between Ted Cruz and Dianne Feinsteinby politicalturkey462,804 views
- 3:22 Funniest Liberal Gaffesby Conservative Wiki88,961 views
- 6:26 Conneticut school massacre - mentally deranged man kills 20 children & 6 adultsby mixflip3,031 views
- 16:14 Penn Jillette on Capitalism, Magic and Moralityby catoinstitutevideo84,583 views
- 6:11 Dianne Feinstein Battles Ted Cruz in Heated Senateby newsstation114,258 views
- 4:31 Legally Make your own Gun. 80 Percent Lower.by Ares Armor1,343,895 views
- Loading more suggestions...