Occupy Wall St - The Revolution Is Love
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 18, 2011
A taste of the upcoming feature documentary, Occupy Love. This is a community funded film. http://www.occupylove.org "Love is the felt experience of connection to another being. An economist says 'more for you is less for me.' But the lover knows that more of you is more for me too. If you love somebody their happiness is your happiness. Their pain is your pain. Your sense of self expands to include other beings. This shift of consciousness is universal in everybody, 99% and 1%." ~ Charles Eisenstein
*NAMED ONE OF TOP 10 MUST-WATCH OCCUPY WALL ST VIDEOS*
This short film was Directed by Ian MacKenzie http://ianmack.com
Co-produced with Velcrow Ripper http://www.velcrowripper.com
Camera: Ian Mackenzie and Velcrow Ripper
Editing: Ian Mackenzie
Interview by: Velcrow Ripper
Watch video with English/Spanish/French/Greek and many more subtitles
CHARLES EISENSTEIN is a teacher, speaker, and writer focusing on themes of civilization, consciousness, money, and human cultural evolution.
READ CHARLES BOOK
Visit http://sacred-economics.com to learn more about his ideas for a new economy.
"This movement isn't about the 99% defeating or toppling the 1%. You know the next chapter of that story, which is that the 99% create a new 1%. That's not what it's about.
What we want to create is the more beautiful world our hearts tell us is possible. A sacred world. A world that works for everybody. A world that is healing. A world of peace.
You can't just say "We demand a world of peace. Demands have to be specific. Anything that people can articulate can only be articulated within the language of the current political discourse. And that entire political discourse is already too small. And that's why making explicit demands reduces the movement, and takes the heart out of it. So it's a real paradox, and I think the movement understands that.
The system isn't working for the 1% either. You know if you were a CEO, you would be making the same choices they do. The institutions have their own logic. Life is pretty bleak at the top too - and all the baubles of the rich are this phoney compensation for the loss of what's really important. The loss of community, the loss of connection, the loss of intimacy. The loss of meaning.
Everybody wants to live a life of meaning. And today, we live in a money economy where we don't really depend on the gifts of anybody. But we buy everything. Therefore we don't really need anybody, because whoever grew my food, or made my clothes, or built by house, well if they die, or if I alienate them, or if they don't like me, that's okay because I can just pay someone else to do it.
And it's really hard to create community if the underlying knowledge is "we don't need each other." So people kind of get together and act nice, or maybe they consume together. But joint consumption doesn't create intimacy. Only joint creativity and gifts create intimacy and connection.
You have such gifts, that are important. Just as every species has an important gift to give to an ecosystem, and the extinction of any species hurts everybody. The same is true of each person, that you have a necessary and important gift to give.
And that for a long time our minds have told us that maybe we're crazy, that maybe we're imagining things, that's its crazy to live according to what you want to give. But I think now, as more and more people wake up to the truth, that we're here to give, and wake up to that desire, and wake up to the fact that other way isn't working anyway - the more reinforcement we have from people around us that this isn't crazy. This is makes sense. This is how to live.
And as we get that reinforcement, then our minds and our logic no longer have to fight against the logic of the heart which wants us to be of service. This shift of consciousness that inspires such things is universal, 99% and the 1% and it's awakening in different people in different ways.
I think love is the felt experience of connection to another being. An economist says 'more for you is less for me.' But the lover knows that more of you is more for me too. If you love somebody their happiness is your happiness. Their pain is your pain. Your sense of self expands to include other beings.
That's love, love is the expansion of the self to include the other. And that's a different kind of revolution. There's no one to fight. There's no evil to fight. There's no other in this revolution.
Everybody has a unique calling and it's really time to listen to that. That's what the future is going to be. It's time to get ready for it, and contribute to it, and help make it happen.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicleFeatured 4,920
- 52:44 Money and the Turning of the Age: Part 1by Charles Eisenstein 17,058 views
- 12:08 Max Igan. Energy & Consciousness Shift-2011by sirianfreeman3 627 views
- 41:45 The Gift Economy and the Commonsby immediacytv 6,014 views
- 3:00 Scary New Message from Anonymous!by neweffectmedia 2,668,236 views
- 54 videos Play all Sacred Economicsby CharlesEisenstein
- 18:46 Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Streetby ReasonTV 451,418 views
- Occupy Wall Street 46,618 videos840
- 12:09 Sacred Economics with Charles Eisenstein - A Short Filmby fiercelightfilms 273,160 views
- OccupyTVNY 129 videos6K
- 22:46 A New Story of the People: Charles Eisenstein at TEDxWhitechapelby TEDxTalks 18,550 views
- 5:10 Anonymous - Message to the American Peopleby anonymous04210 9,605,805 views
- 42:00 Occupy Wall St.-NYC-ReEnvisioning Money-Charles Eisenstein-October 24-2011-film by Antonio Ferreraby Antonio Ferrera 8,537 views
- 6:46 Mike Myers visits Occupy Wall Streetby Mark Ledzian 349,211 views
- 6:00 NYPD Overwhelmed by Occupy Wall Street Protesters, Motorcycle Cops Retreatby mmflint 45,676 views
- 6:04 What We Saw at the Occupy Wall Street Protestby ReasonTV 178,693 views
- 3:38 The Greatest Speech Ever Madeby thelakeysisters 11,734,443 views
- 9:03 Joe Rogan on Occupy Wallstreetby RWR778 196,418 views
- 5:05 What We Saw at Occupy Wall Street's May Day Protest in NYCby ReasonTV 53,061 views
- 8:22 Occupy Wall Street moving into phase two?by RTAmerica 16,969 views
- 15:01 Occupy Davis Part 3by harrisnaemi 92,898 views
- 6:38 Howard Stern Exposes Occupy Wall St. Morons. #OWSby Adam Sharp 317,098 views
- 2:55 NYPD Cop Punches Protester at Occupy Wall Street, 10/14/11by ReasonTV 286,981 views
- Loading more suggestions...