Did Stephen Covey really died? His books remain!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 18, 2012
Stephen Richards Covey (October 24, 1932 -- July 16, 2012) was an American educator, author, businessman and motivational speaker. His most popular book was The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. His other books include First Things First, Principle-Centered Leadership, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families, The 8th Habit, and The Leader In Me—How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time. He was a professor at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University at the time of his death.
Each chapter is dedicated to one of the habits, which are represented by the following imperatives:
Independence or Self-Mastery
The First Three Habits surround moving from dependence to independence (i.e., self mastery): Habit 1: Be Proactive
Take initiative in life by realizing that your decisions (and how they align with life's principles) are the primary determining factor for effectiveness in your life. Take responsibility for your choices and the consequences that follow. Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
Self-discover and clarify your deeply important character values and life goals. Envision the ideal characteristics for each of your various roles and relationships in life. Create a mission statement. Habit 3: Put First Things First
Prioritize, plan, and execute your week's tasks based on importance rather than urgency. Evaluate whether your efforts exemplify your desired character values, propel you toward goals, and enrich the roles and relationships that were elaborated in Habit 2.
The next three have to do with Interdependence (i.e., working with others): Habit 4: Think Win-Win
Genuinely strive for mutually beneficial solutions or agreements in your relationships. Value and respect people by understanding a "win" for all is ultimately a better long-term resolution than if only one person in the situation had gotten his way. Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
Use empathic listening to be genuinely influenced by a person, which compels them to reciprocate the listening and take an open mind to being influenced by you. This creates an atmosphere of caring, respect, and positive problem solving. Habit 6: Synergize
Combine the strengths of people through positive teamwork, so as to achieve goals no one person could have done alone. Get the best performance out of a group of people through encouraging meaningful contribution, and modeling inspirational and supportive leadership.
The Last habit relates to self-rejuvenation: Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
Balance and renew your resources, energy, and health to create a sustainable, long-term, effective lifestyle. It primarily emphasizes on exercise for physical renewal, prayer and good reading for mental renewal. It also mentions service to the society for spiritual renewal.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:34:22 Los 7 Hábitos De La Gente Altamente Efectiva - Stephen Covey (Video)by BODYLOGIC | TV - Saul Gomez4,249 views
- 47:28 Stephen R. Covey Announcementby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business19,344 views
- 46:31 Stephen Covey's Deathby Matt Townsend623 views
- 1:10:31 First Things First - Stephen Covey - Audiobookby @udioBooKs4,739 views
- 1:34:32 Stephen R. Covey speaking at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvaniaby SpiritEye25,331 views
- 4:34:22 STEPHEN COVEY - LOS 7 HABITOS DE LA GENTE ALTAMENTE EFECTIVAby javier papillon122 views
- 6:00 HVAC Sales Training Tip - Sharpening the Sawby hvacsalesbuilder99 views
- 9:01 For Steven Covey -- In Memory of a Masterby Paul Barrs6,108 views
- 37:13 My 1st video....Faux Filofax/Franklin Covey planner---part 1!!!by GinasOrganizedLife26,956 views
- 7:00 Stephen Covey Dies - Tributeby creativeprofitpros2,495 views
- 6:00 Franklin Covey Planner Update: Frixion Pensby 2tinytreasures5,218 views
- 3:24 Remembering Stephen R Coveyby napsonic983 views
- 7:54 Stephen Covey explaining the charactor ethic and the personality ethicby greaterawarenesstv63,492 views
- 11:40 A look inside my Franklin Covey plannerby Kellianne Caulfield9,565 views
- 30:20 Los 7 Habitos de la gente altamente efectiva Stephen Covey.flvby LUIS ARMANDO CENTENO LUJAN115,597 views
- 10:01 The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Coveyby Brian Johnson58,082 views
- 9:34 My Franklin Covey Plannerby Valerie Brown241 views
- 4:34:22 Steven - Los 7 Hábitos De La Gente Altamente Efectiva - Stephen R. Coveyby Steven Sevillano Renteria7,148 views
- 9:09 Franklin Covey planner tourby scrapjoy8,057 views
- 5:17 Big Rocksby videoBHBC4,908 views
- Loading more suggestions...