DOGS, a science fiction film by Hugo Santander
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 28, 2012
"Give me an actor and I'll give you a film" is the production premise of DOGS, a science fiction film by Colombian/French fillmmaker resident in India Hugo Santander, following the model of several French films such as Marker's "La Jetée" (1962) and Godard's "Alphaville" (1965). The plot of DOGS is an incidental story of the unpublished saga "The Chronicles of Prince Mani in the Universe of the Five Empires". Set in 3011, the planet of Madras has been enslaved by an intelligent strain of Dogs who can kill at sight. The origins of the raise of the Dogs are discussed by the priests and scientists of Madurai Planet, capital of the Tamil empire. It's widely believed, though, that King Karthik, assisted by Sorcerer Omar, conjured evil spirits into a pack of dogs when Prince Mani, his brother and contender to the throne of the Tamils, escaped in a condemned-to-death ship of dogs after the murder of King Ponraj the Third. The possessed dogs were sent with Captain Romp to the Bucaramanga Empire, where Prince Mani was living under the identity of a local University Professor--one of his 7 brother souls in the Universe. Captain Romp and the dogs suffered a humiliating defeat in the city of San Gil, where Lucas and the pack of dogs that saved Prince Mani from a certain death in the threshold of Madurai, confronted them with the entire population of Barichara white rats. After their return the possessed Dogs mauled Captain Romp to death in the threshold of Planet of Madras. They went there into controlling government officials and priests. Captain Ravi, a student of law at the University of Madras, organises then the Resistance, a movement that advocates the return of Prince Mani as the legal King of the Tamil Empire.
DOGS stages the only attempt of Captain Ravi to meet Prince Mani in a coffee shop of Madras. He falls into an ambush, triggering the perverse plan of the Dogs to rule the Empire...
Main performances are by Indirajith, a raising Tamil actor, and by two Madras street dogs. The city, the crowd, the circumstantial characters were shot as mere background, in the purest filmmaking style or the Nouvelle Vague. Music is by commons artist Kevin MacLeod. Production, graphics, screenplay, editing and direction by Hugo Santander.
- 1:41:36 Художественный фильм "История заложника" JCL Media Christian movieby JCL MEDIA150,809 views
- 1:28:39 Военный художественный кинофильм Двое Фильм про партизан ВОВ Драмаby Русское КИно35,527 views
- 1:27:37 Художественный фильм "Миллион за неделю" JCL Mediaby JCL MEDIA544,266 views
- 1:19:53 Docteurs de la mort - Film Documentaire Complet 2013 [VF]by sophie langlen28,366 views
- 5:04 Chella Kutty Best Tamil Short Filmby Sagee.Senthil Velan1,094 views
- 28:40 The Dream Story  Full Tamil Short Movie - 1080i [With English Subs]by Four Square Productions India5,148 views
- 13:53 JOHN SAXON stars in short film: OLD DOGSby fahnfieldfilms1,293 views
- 10:52 10 Amazing Science Experiments you can do with Eggsby Taras Kul285,644 views
- 7:32 Entrada (Science Fiction Short Film)by Danny Dunlop59,074 views
- 9:08 Top 10 Fictional Movie Bandsby WatchMojo.com228,178 views
- 7:21 Tamil Short Film - நிசப்த நிலைby seventhstarcompany50,902 views
- 12:16 Igra (Dušan Vukotić, 1962)by CroatianCinema5,242 views
- 21:05 STRANGE MATTER by JT Bruceby JT Bruce2,771 views
- 6:10 Aditya Bal in the temple city of Maduraiby ndtvgoodtimes20,612 views
- 1:31:50 Earth Day—Honoring the Living Earth: Afro-Colombian and Indigenous Communities in Colombiaby Smithsonian601 views
- 27:01 hartlepool. Boy and Bicycle (1965). ridley scott. (filmed in hartlepool)by Michael Purves18,502 views
- 20:25 Die Pig Die!by Ian Pugh377 views
- 5:05 Naalaya Iyakunar Final Apple Saapidringalaby behindscreens32,507 views
- 10:56 Ponniyin Selvan Trailerby Ponniyin Selvan79,174 views
- 8:36 Naermugam Tamil Science Fiction Short Filmby KnightDreamsPictures16,280 views
- Loading more suggestions...